Following Sundays tragic events on Los Gigantes beach, when two people
lost their lives, the inquest will undoubtedly begin.

In an interview yesterday, Mayor GorrĂ­n expressed his sadness and regret
at the terrible and unexpected events of the day he also said that
from Monday at noon, three days of mourning will begin for the two
dead women, who it seems, just happened to be in the wrong place at
the wrong time.

He also said that there was a project in place, under the direction of
the Department of Coasts, to stabilise that particular area of the
cliff, which had been cordoned off with tape as a precaution, following
a similar, though much smaller rock fall just weeks ago.

Flowers have been laid at the site by businesses owners of the Los
Gigantes marina who are still in shock at the tragic event.

The beach will now remain closed to the public until further notice.

Meetings are taking place, we will bring you more infomation soon.