Posted by dolly diver on March 31, 2011
Posted in News about Tenerife | Tagged With: Hotels, San Juan
Guia de Isora’s drive to attract upmarket tourism continues to gain force with the early stages of planning approval for 2 new luxury hotels in Playa San Juan.
Town Mayor Pedro Martin said that that a new zoning plan has been agreed by the council after lengthy negotiations with other levels of administration and with the companies behind the project, which will see a total of 1,100 new hotel beds added to the area, along with an upmarket thalassotherapy centre. “We are adamant we only want a few hotels and the ones we do allow must be 5 star” explained the major.
The council will also go ahead with public works which will improve parts of San Juan, particularly those close to the locations of the new hotels.
According to the mayor there will be a new connecting path created between Calle Artes de Mar (the road that goes down to the beach) and a new urban zone which will also boast one of two new public parking areas for the town, the other to be constructed near the Agua Dulce neighbourhood and the TF47 and the new hotel sites.
According to Martin the council’s planning is three-fold. “One, to acquire and develop more public spaces which will happen within the plan: Two, to see two new luxury hotels built with the intention of turning Guia de Isora into a reference point of the world of tourism, and last but not least to inject some economic life into the zone”.
Regarding the latter, the mayor said that the economic benefit of having 5 star hotels in the area were two way, “just as the hotels will benefit from having a beach nearby, the beach wins too by having such hotels in the proximity with people coming and going, commercial activity and an increase in the leisure activity”, all leading, it is hoped, to economic benefits for the area.
Council approval has now been sent to the regional government as well as the Cabildo and the Costas department and once all the approvals have been received work can begin.
Source: Tenerife News
Posted by dolly diver on March 18, 2011
Posted in Local News | Tagged With: Junior carnival queen, Los Gigantes
Three gorgeous young girls are all hoping to be this year’s junior Carnival Queen. The gala for the election of the queen, as well as many entertainers will take place tonight Friday, March 18, from 18:00 pm in the Plaza Los Gigantes.
1. Gina Contini Martina Cruz with a costume “Tasty in a Latin Carnival”
2. Évora Adriana Jimenez with a costume “100×100 sugar”
3. Mayerlin Dorta Ravelo with a costume “Tourism in Africa”
Posted by dolly diver on March 17, 2011
Posted in Local News • News about Tenerife | Tagged With: carnival, Los Gigantes, queen
A total of 3 candidates hope to be crowned “Queen of the Adult Carnival 2011″, which this year has the theme “Latino.”
The gala for the election of the queen as well as the appearance of many entertainers, will take place this evening Thursday 17 March, from 21:00 pm in the Plaza Los Gigantes.
The candidates this year are:
1. Veronica Cairns Martin, who will wear the fantasy, entitled “Night of Fantasy”.
2. Tamara Pérez Gorrín will wear the fantasy “Madam 1909″.
3 Tatiana Pérez Hernández with the fantasy “The Guardian of Dreams”.
Posted by dolly diver on March 7, 2011
Posted in News about Tenerife | Tagged With: reduced, Speed limit
The new speed limit of 110 kmh on motorways and dual carriageways came into force early today.
Plans to cut down on the national bill for crude oil, was formally passed by Parliament last week in response to soaring oil prices caused by the continued unrest in Libya, which supplies around 13 per cent of Spain’s oil.
Traffic authorities say the switch-over, which meant that signs had to be changed on almost 10,000 km of road during the night, by teams of workers on the TF-1 and TF-5, has gone smoothly and motorists are observing the new limit, 110k per hour.
Speed traps throughout the country have been adjusted to take into account the new figure, which will remain in force for four months and then be reviewed.