Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: Restaurants hard to get into  (Read 1703 times)

Offline Georgie

Restaurants hard to get into
« on: January 05, 2018 »
  • Publish
  • Unless you book

I can think of El rincon but are there any restaurants you need to book and not just turn up to

Offline gladys

• Old Hand
    Re: Restaurants hard to get into
    « Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018 »
  • Publish
  • I think you need to book at Charlie's Bistro

Offline pilgrim

• Doing Gods Work
    « Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018 »
  • Publish
  • Acuatramons is infact behind Charlie's Bistro, and a lot harder to get into. Nothing to do with the food or bookings, just that getting down the iron staircase and round the corner is so awkward. But on the positive side the food is a lot fresher than Charlie's.

Offline Stoutchap

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018 »
  • Publish
  • I have just booked on line for Karl and Val's on the Marina as there are only a few tables and the food and service excellent. Also as already mentioned Charlie's, I always contact Jason direct before I arrive or risk missing out

Offline Georgie

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018 »
  • Publish
  • What is the fishermans inn like

We have never been there and have tried to go but closed on certain days

What is their opening days and times please

Offline ANGIE

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2018 »
  • Publish
  • Acuatramons is infact behind Charlie's Bistro, and a lot harder to get into. Nothing to do with the food or bookings, just that getting down the iron staircase and round the corner is so awkward. But on the positive side the food is a lot fresher than Charlie's.

Oh dear Pilgrim, what a slamming remark when Jason and Bernard work so hard. Horses for courses and all that, but hand on heart we’ve been going to this restaurant so often and NEVER had anything but first class food, service and insults. The fact that we had to book last NYE to get a table for the one just gone,demonstrates the high regard in which it is held by so many regulars. Whilst I totally respect everyone is allowed their personal views, I have to defend and praise where I have found people who go “that extra mile”. Xx

Offline pilgrim

• Doing Gods Work
    « Reply #6 on: January 08, 2018 »
  • Publish
  • ANGIE, Sorry for being honest, but I can only speak as I have found. As you say horses for courses!

Offline Mary

• Old Hand
    « Reply #7 on: January 08, 2018 »
  • Publish
  • We have been going to Charlie’s since it opened and the fact that the place is always busy speaks for itself. We have always had decent food and wine at fair prices,and have never been dissatisfied.
    This isn’t the first swipe at this restaurant from Pilgrim, and as he says horses for courses, but I can’t imagine what he dislikes about it.

Offline cs

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2018 »
  • Publish
  • We too have been going to Charlie's since it opened, without exception everything has always been excellent and its always completely booked up - at certain times of the year you can walk past half empty restaurant after restaurant until you arrive at Charlie's and its full, all those customers night after night can't be wrong. 

Offline el presidente

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2018 »
  • Publish
  • The most popular restaurants in our area where you have to book..... Charlie's & The Chicken Shack.
    Both have different menus. The 'front of house' persons (Steve & Jason) make it an experience not to be missed.

Offline Mary

• Old Hand
    « Reply #10 on: January 10, 2018 »
  • Publish
  • Just had yet another really good meal at Charlie’s, the food was superb, the wines excellent and the banter as always tip top. For us it just gets better and better, well done to everyone in this superb restaurant.

Offline pilgrim

• Doing Gods Work
    « Reply #11 on: January 10, 2018 »
  • Publish
  • Mary, is the restaurant whom I shall not mention, as it seems it is so fantastic that the slightest criticism, is jumped upon, as if an opinion to the contrary is against the law!
    Well Mary, think that you are under instructions to respond or more than likely you "Mary" may even be one of the proprietors of the said restaurant.
    There is another Restaurant in the Village which has a Michelin starred Chef. Why would your superb "said"
    Restaurant not have the same rating.
    Kindest regards to you and your operator.
    Pilgrim

Offline Mary

• Old Hand
    « Reply #12 on: January 11, 2018 »
  • Publish
  • What on Earth is your tirade about Pilgrim? I commented on a really nice meal at Charlie’s and appear to be accused of goodness knows what.

Firstly my name is Mary, it’s my birth name and I use it all the time funnily enough, I have never felt the need to call myself anything else, or hide behind a pseudonym.

I am not in anyway connected to this restaurant other than knowing Jason for more years than I care  to remember, and loving the food.

I am not related to either of the owners or have any say in the running of the place, that is a fact.

Thank you for your kind regards to me and my operator?  but please you keep them for yourself your need sounds greater than mine.

Offline pilgrim

• Doing Gods Work
    « Reply #13 on: January 11, 2018 »
  • Publish
  • Sorry, I was out of order. I apologize x

Offline Georgie

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2018 »
  • Publish
  • We will definitely try on our next visit and book beforehand

Why does it stand out and do they have a menu of the day at a good price please

Offline Mary

• Old Hand
    « Reply #15 on: January 11, 2018 »
  • Publish
  • Thank you Pilgrim, apology accepted.

Offline pilgrim

• Doing Gods Work
    « Reply #16 on: January 11, 2018 »
  • Publish
  • Can we put it down to the happy hour, or more in my case "the unhappy hour"

Offline Mary

• Old Hand
    « Reply #17 on: January 11, 2018 »
  • Publish
  • No probs, we’ve all been there!

Offline Stoutchap

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2018 »
  • Publish
  • We have just got back and went to Charlie's twice, KV Gourmet (Karl and Val's) twice and Acuatramons once (on last day or we would have gone twice).  All are excellent and different.  On this site you will get some sensible comments.  If you want better more balanced opinions then use Trip Adviser.  Without that we would never have known about Acuatramons or Karl and Val's.  We think the quality of food in LG has improved hugely in the past two years and we all benefit from that.

Offline ANGIE

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2018 »
  • Publish
  • We have just got back and went to Charlie's twice, KV Gourmet (Karl and Val's) twice and Acuatramons once (on last day or we would have gone twice).  All are excellent and different.  On this site you will get some sensible comments.  If you want better more balanced opinions then use Trip Adviser.  Without that we would never have known about Acuatramons or Karl and Val's.  We think the quality of food in LG has improved hugely in the past two years and we all benefit from that.

Trip Advisor? Really?!! Can you please advise where is KV Gourmet? Thank you

Offline Georgie

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2018 »
  • Publish
  • Belgium restaurant on the marina

It is very good

Offline Stoutchap

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2018 »
  • Publish
  • Karl and Val are one week into a two week holiday - worth knowing if you have mobility issues.  Also usually best to book

Offline tomfer

• regular contributor
    « Reply #22 on: February 01, 2018 »
  • Publish
  • Try Mamma Lucia underneath Colonial Apts. Excellent and you have to book.