Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: Golden Visa  (Read 461 times)

Offline pilgrim

• Looking forward to better times
Golden Visa
« on: February 21, 2021 »
Advertisement
If you can get a Spanish Golden Visa you can ignore the 90 day rule in Spain. I have only seen this today in the Sunday Times! This has been available since 2013 for anyone from EU. I have never heard of it before, or if I had it was not a concern before Brexit. As far as I have read, to qualify you need to have invested 500K Euros in Spain. They allow you to go back to 2013, It can be in a property or even multiple properties.
Wondered if any of you have researched or even successfully applied.

Offline Tanemera

• Juan Tanemera
Re: Golden Visa
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2021 »
I have been looking at this for some time.  Everywhere you look you get different opinions on the Golden Visa.  It seems it is only useful as a route to get a TIE and eventually full residency.  It was discussed on the recent Zoom meeting on Facebook with the Tenerife UK Consul and several experts.  The outcome was not encouraging. 

Other countries, for example Portugal, Finland and Cyprus have schemes where you can buy into unlimited "Golden" visas, but there is pressure on them to stop.  So, if Spain were to allow it now, or in future, they may withdraw.  I had thought of topping up my property value with a cheap rental property to reach the 500 k euros and asked about it at Paul Ruane's office.  They did not seem interested, which is odd because there was a potential sale for them.

I will take a further look through my notes tomorrow and possibly follow up with Paul Ruane when we next visit, hopefully in May.

Offline pilgrim

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2021 »
Thanks Tanemera, had a chat with a friend on Menorca tonight, he seems quite positive that the 90 day rule will be lifted for home/2nd property owners in Spain. We are gonna hold back for the moment, nothing is happening with the EU or Spanish government due to Pandemic etc.. But it will in the future (nearly a million brits have a home in Spain).

Offline Tanemera

• Juan Tanemera
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2021 »
Here is the link to the information I referred to yesterday.

https://moving2madrid.com/spains-golden-visa/

It is still not clear to me if the Golden Visa is intended as a route to full residency or if it can be used as a means to visit any time for any period.

Offline Tanemera

• Juan Tanemera
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2021 »
Here is the link to the Facebook Zoom meeting in which the subjects of Golden Visa and 90/180 days were discussed.  It was sponsored by "A Place in the Sun" Channel 4 programme.  (You need to click on the start button on the window with the Union Jack jigsaw piece and "Coming Soon".  You may also have to jiggle the slider at the foot of the page to get it to start).

https://fb.watch/3ionzH0Jgb/

Offline Tanemera

• Juan Tanemera
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2021 »
And finally, I have attached information on non-lucrative visas. This is in .gif format, 3 pages.

I hope theses links are useful, if only to confuse you more!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021 by Tanemera »

Offline nophead

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2021 »
Thanks but the last link doesn't work. It appears to be to your local email.

Offline Tanemera

• Juan Tanemera
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2021 »
Sorry about that.  I have deleted the old file from the original post and replaced with .gif attachments.

Offline nophead

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2021 »
Thanks again.

Offline pilgrim

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2021 »
Tanemera thanks!