Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: Returning to Tenerife 2021  (Read 1111 times)

Online pilgrim

• Looking forward to better times
Returning to Tenerife 2021
« on: January 18, 2021 »
Advertisement
Have seen Easyjet from Gatwick starting flights back to Tenerife Sur late February, tempted to book as prices so cheep. Word here is Lockdown 3 till March until restrictions start to ease. We are now 60, so should get the vaccine also by late February. We own a property, so perhaps not directly tourism as have got bills to pay. Could we travel late February, will we be allowed to leave UK, will Tenerife be okay if we arrive and go straight home (not an error, really miss LG), any good thoughts, at what we could/should do!

Offline blarer

Re: Returning to Tenerife 2021
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2021 »
My BA flights to Tenerife at end of February and return in April were cancelled today. I was told informally that the Foreign Office have no plans to make substantial changes to travel restrictions until July, small exceptions might be made after Easter depending on infection rates and restrictions by other countries. Too many if's still to even consider travelling in the immediate future.

Online pilgrim

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2021 »
Hi Blarer, so your also out of Gatwick. That's interesting, but not what I wanted to hear. Thanks for your knowledge and reply. Maybe a case of wait and see, and hope to get to the keyboard first when an opening occurs!

Offline angiebabes

• Old Hand
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2021 »
Pilgrim, Iím guessing you wonít have had second jabs by then? Iím desperate to get out as Iím selling up and need to sort out garage and car sale (Iíve sold apartment via poa) But donít want to be in Tenerife if my jab is due.

As Ryanair have cancelled flights until at least end March from our local airport, Iím going to wait and see what unfolds here and book last minute I think. In the meantime, pray no mutations render the vaccine impotent!!

Offline unhappy

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2021 »
Agree with Angiebabes our local flights out of the Midlands Airports no flights until very late March.

Also we were hoping to go out late April/May for a month, we are in the over 70s so hopefully will get our jab soon but it is the wait for the second jab 12/13 weeks later that could cause a problem which we would not want to miss.

One little piece of information that I had not heard before from the Medics following the jab do not drink alcohol, trying to find out how long you should abstain.

Online pilgrim

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2021 »
Angiebabes so you will be checking out of Tenerife with the sale of your apartment! What does poa mean?
We are 60, so thought we would have vaccine after the 70's. But heard this morning we are now included in all over 50's. So jab anytime between mid February and Easter. The situation with regard booking anything is still up in the air, with everything fluid and likely to change both here in the UK and Spain/Tenerife.
We have been going to Los Gig since our early 40's over part of the winter. Think it is now in our DNA. My
wife I think is suffering of SAD (seasonally adjusted disorder). When we do get back, gonna be like the Pope,
am going to kiss the tarmac!

Offline Davymar

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2021 »
One little piece of information that I had not heard before from the Medics following the jab do not drink alcohol, trying to find out how long you should abstain.
That question was brought up on last nights news! it was answered by a doctor who gives the jabs, it is another false news nonsense!

Offline blarer

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2021 »
No Pilgrim, out of Heathrow.

Online pilgrim

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2021 »
You must be Posh Blarer!

Offline angiebabes

• Old Hand
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2021 »
Angiebabes so you will be checking out of Tenerife with the sale of your apartment! What does poa mean?

Power Of Attorney

Just booked jabs, first tomorrow second 9/4 so plan Tenerife May, which will be lovely though flight prices have increased of course!

Offline unhappy

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2021 »
Davymar, you believe what you want to believe, but it is a known fact that alcohol inhibits the immune system, therefore I for one will be doing what I am advised, you can do what you like.

Offline paulaf

• regular contributor
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2021 »
I've also got flights booked from Heathrow at the end of March to stay for 2 weeks over Easter, think the chances are 50/50, saying things like schools might not open here until after Easter does not give me much hope we'll be out of lockdown by the end of March, although I think it will be difficult to justify if the vaccines are still going well, over 50's could be being jabbed by then and the cases keep dropping.

Offline unhappy

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2021 »
Pilgrim, its not just what the UK do about restrictions, Spain are not allowing anybody from the UK unless they are residents returning home with all the right documentation.

Unless you have these no matter that you own a property, you will be classed as a tourist, therefore banned from entering.

We count Tenerife as our second home we have been going for over 35 years, we owned property there for over 20 years, we have always tried to spend some of the winter there, but it looks like not this year.

My own advice would be wait until this virus is under some semblance of control & receding and when restrictions are lifted, then go.

Offline Foxy

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2021 »
POA = Power of Attorney. A wise thing to have granted (to the right people!) in the current circumstances; we have one but hope not to have to utilise it for some years yet, if at all.

Flights booked pre pandemic all cancelled, now, the last ones this month; I tend to book well ahead. Got everything crossed for September (2021!)......

Offline blarer

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2021 »
Pilgrim, I'd be posh if I flew from Farnborough.

Online pilgrim

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2021 »
Heard Farnborough is where your luggage is flown out from.

Offline blarer

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2021 »
In my private jet.

Online pilgrim

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2021 »
Canarian Weekly says "Hotels not to re-open till June at the earliest"    Bad News!

Offline Georgie

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2021 »
This website is getting like the uk news

No one knows what is happening and their is a lot of mix messages

Chill out everyone and see you in 10 years time xx

Offline angiebabes

• Old Hand
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2021 »
This website is getting like the uk news

No one knows what is happening and their is a lot of mix messages

Chill out everyone and see you in 10 years time xx

CaŮarŪan News is nothing like the BBC news. When will you appreciate that the covid situation changes hourly. No one can accurately report what will be the situation next week.

Anyone who thinks they can do better than any government in any country right now, needs serious help. For godís sake, canít we all support and help strengthen our leaders and cut them some slack just once in a while? Sure, with hindsight, many mistakes, missed opportunities etc.,etc, will be flagged up by smug people who will say, ĎI told you soí but where were they when we needed help? For me, I wouldnít want the huge stress these leaders are facing these days. Not one of us foretold this is what we would be facing, so none of you are that dam clever are you??? Stick your figures, graphs, maps etc. Either stand up or shut up!!

Offline Mary

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2021 »
You are so right Angie, this pandemic has been a terrible thing to have to deal with, and yes mistakes have been made but always the government has had the very best in scientists giving advice to the best of their ability during an unheard of situation.
BUT wait along comes Kevin from Grimsby and Neville from Norfolk , they know much better than everyone else how to deal with this, but itís always with hindsight and always because they know someone who knows someone who gives them insight.
I am sick to death of hearing constant negativity from the news channels, and newspapers who are hell bent on criticising every single thing the government do, and the BBC should hang their heads in shame.
Between them they have made a bad situation so much worse for people struggling with mental health, this could have been different if they had tried to encourage people through what is a very dark time for some.
Can you imagine if during the war the media then constantly bombarded the country with negativity.
We have a vaccine thank god, and hopefully a way out, this is entirely down to our wonderful scientists and we should be very very proud, but again the media are saying there will be difficulty sourcing it.

Offline angiebabes

• Old Hand
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2021 »
Well said Mary. Yes, if similar reportage during WW2 had been possible, The UK would have waved the white flag and surrendered to Hitler.

The BBC horror stories on the frontline of hospital intensive care units must cause huge disruption to the department they are filming in, when staff are juggling bed space, staff spread etc. It certainly ensures a disturbed nights sleep for many. Now the doom sayers are predicting huge problems with the vaccine rollout. Will they apologise if the UK achieves its targets? I very much doubt it!

Offline unhappy

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2021 »
Although I have criticised all the UK governments in the past for changing decisions 24 hours after they had made them, I do agree with the ladies, to many people trying to gain brownie points in this crisis, the Labour party for one always knowing what to do after the fact, Smith the main culprit.

Now some good news for us anyway, we have our first jabs on Saturday, we might get away in May ( sadly I will miss nophead ).

Offline angiebabes

• Old Hand
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2021 »
Just had my first jab at the BIC in Bournemouth. Excellent service, totally safe. Not only that, but although my husband didnít have his appointment as yet (toy boy) they did him too! We are so thankful and impressed by the efficient professional way it was handled.

Offline nophead

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2021 »
As a matter of interest, do they tell you which vaccine they have given you?

Online pilgrim

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2021 »
In the paper today, they are saying 72% of Black people are unlikely to have the jab when offered. Also 42%of Pakistani and Bangladeshi. This makes me real mad! This may not effect some of you who live in Tenerife or in some quiet hamlet. But in London and other built up areas, it is gonna be a real problem.
If people refuse the vaccine, we need them to sign a disclaimer, that they accept they will not be offered any hospital care should they catch the virus.

Offline unhappy

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2021 »
Yes the Oxford Astra Zeneca

Offline nophead

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2021 »
People who refuse it but are vulnerable will soon become extinct. A form of natural selection.

Offline angiebabes

• Old Hand
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2021 »
As a matter of interest, do they tell you which vaccine they have given you?

Astra Zeneca,batch number, full contra indications etc leaflet and date for next vaccine.

Offline Georgie

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2021 »
Told my jab is February

Can't wait

Jet2 here I come xx