Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: Returning to Tenerife 2021  (Read 1213 times)

Offline angiebabes

• Old Hand
Re: Returning to Tenerife 2021
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2021 »
Advertisement
Told my jab is February

Can't wait

Jet2 here I come xx

If your first jab is February you wonít be going to Tenerife until at least end May. 12 weeks to second jab then 22days after that for antibodies to build.

Offline Pete

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2021 »
Well said Mary, I totally agree the mainstream media are a disgrace especially the BBC and Sky News. Constant scaremongering and doom and gloom. Your analogy about WW2 is spot on and one that Iíve thought about myself. Who at the BBC thought it a good idea for Clive Myrie to film a report for the news from a hospital morgue, designed to frighten the old and vulnerable into believing their time is near. Yes the death rate is high, but no mention of the fact that a high percentage of people recover from Covid. No mention of the fantastic job being done to vaccinate the population. They take every opportunity to trash the government. Yes theyíve made mistakes and some bad decisions, but no government has had to cope with this scenario before.
Iíve had enough of the BBC, Iíve cancelled my licence fee and feel much better for it, knowing Iím not subsidising them anymore.
Should have been in LG in 2 weeks time, hopefully weíll able to get over there sometime this year if the vaccination programme is a success. Canít wait.

Online pilgrim

• Looking forward to better times
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2021 »
I too may cancel my TV license, at the moment we are watching a lot of IPlayer, which has lots of older good stuff if you have a Smart TV. So after Lockdown will get rid of it! 330,000 less people have a TV license than 2 years ago, so we are not unique! Watching Newsnight this week, I thought Emily Matliss was going to achieve the Female 'O' on screen while smirking about Trump leaving the Whitehouse.
We know a BBC new journalist, though not being overly left (that's what she tells us!), she explained all their recruitment is via the Guardian Newspaper, so the only people who read that are already on that side of the fence.

Offline Pete

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2021 »
I believe the BBC buys more copies of The Guardian than all the other papers put together which goes some way to explain the one sided news coverage. Iím sure people would much prefer to just hear the facts reported and not BBC opinion.
The BBC want to charge you £157.50 to watch their programmes, but then they are many available on YouTube where you can legally watch them without a licence.
You can also watch ITV, Channel 4 and 5 catch up services without a licence, and there is always Netflix and Prime Video, so no shortage of things to watch without the licence.

Offline nophead

« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2021 »
You still need a license to watch iPlayer but I think not for other catch up TV. I think you also need one to watch anything that is a broadcast, even on YouTube or any other channel. I.e. where one program is watched by everybody at the same time, rather than on demand.

Offline Pete

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2021 »
As long as you donít watch or record any live tv or use iplayer, your ok

Offline nophead

« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2021 »
Yes but it doesn't have to be on a TV channel, it is anything live on any platform, for example Sky News Live on YouTube, even Amazon Prime Video if it is live, i.e. not on demand.