Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: Hello. I haven't been on here in a while  (Read 871 times)

Offline Tim Malloy

Hello. I haven't been on here in a while
« on: December 03, 2020 »
Advertisement
How is everything in LG?

It's been a miserable time for everyone.

I hope you're all doing as well as can be expected.

Online Dolly Diver

• Administrator
Re: Hello. I haven't been on here in a while
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2020 »
Welcome back Tim.

Los Gigantes is ticking over.  Some shops and bars have closed permenantly, some are staying temporarily closed for a while longer.  The majority are open and are just about scraping a living, with debts mounting.  So many people have lost their jobs or are still on the ERTE.  However, with our lovely sub tropical climate the sun stills shines. which makes the Canary Islands an ideal winter sun destination. November was very quiet because of the travel restrictions but business is looking up for December.

There are enough shops and restaurants open so tourists have good choice, some do have entertainment.  Social distancing regulations are followed everywhere. Most of the businesses on the marina are open offering diving and whale and dolphin trips.

I will be glad to see the end of 2020 and just hope and pray that the New Year is brighter for all.

Offline Tim Malloy

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2020 »
Aw Dolly that sounds like a tough time for LG.

Here's hoping the town can make a full recovery.

We have many great memories of the village stretching back over 20 years.

Offline pilgrim

• Looking forward to better times
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2020 »
We have just booked for early January, the flight from Gatwick and the return was 3/4 full. Still 4 weeks to go so sure it will fill up! I hope. Of course they will not all be heading to LG, but if this is an indicator people will be returning!!! Roll on 2021!!!!!