Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: Brexit and 3 month stay  (Read 855 times)

Offline Georgie

Brexit and 3 month stay
« on: December 02, 2020 »
Advertisement
That must be a nightmare for people who have purchased property

Is there any concessions

Offline pilgrim

• Looking forward to better times
Re: Brexit and 3 month stay
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2020 »
Read today that UK asking for 180 day stay in any one year period. So you could visit for 6 months stay at on visit if goes ahead.

Offline cs

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2020 »
Itís not that you canít go for more than 90 days in a rolling 180 day period itís that you can only go visa free for 90 days out of a rolling 180 days

Offline Tanemera

• Juan Tanemera
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2020 »
To clarify CS's comment, as far as I am aware, you can only get an extended visa for approved work or study reasons - not tourism. Otherwise you will not be able to visit any Shengen country (including Spain/Tenerife) for more than 90 days in 180 from 1 January, 2021.  This includes UK citizens, but they will not need a visa (at present).  There are several Shengen rule calculators on-line, for example https://www.visa-calculator.com/ 
The 90 days starts from when you enter any Shengen country.  So if, for example, you drive through France and Spain then take the ferry to Tenerife, the 90 days starts when you enter France.  Or, if you arrive in Tenerife on 1 January and stay for 90 days you cannot visit Tenerife again for another 90 days, or any other Shengen country.  There is an action group, 180 in 360, which is campaigning for the rule to be changed to 180 in 360 days, the same as the UK allows EU visitors.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2020 by Tanemera »

Offline pilgrim

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2020 »
It is proberley tied in to the current Brexit negotians!

Offline Tanemera

• Juan Tanemera
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2020 »
No Pilgrim, it's not!  The UK government has so far refused to negotiate a 180 in 360 day deal with the EU as it only affects about 5 million people and they have bigger priorities.  Let's hope the 180 in 360 pressure group can change things post-Brexit.

Offline pilgrim

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2020 »
Thanks Tanemera, I thought that was what I read, but maybe just wishful thinking. Other than France and Twit Macron I think the EU will be quite accommadting to the 180/360.

Offline unhappy

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2020 »
That little frog is getting to big for his own boots, he is now saying that although the EU choose their own members to negotiate a Brexit deal with the UK, if there is a deal agreed, he will veto it, if he does not like it. This from a country that has broken more EU rules than anybody.

How can you negotiate with an organization that keeps moving the goalposts, and should you score they will find some excuse to disallow it, we should show them the back door, and tell them to get lost

Offline pilgrim

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2020 »
I think the fishing is a side show, so we get fishing but European Court remain and so called "level playing field" remains inflicted. I would like talks to fail, and we crash and burn out end of December, most of our friends agree with us.