Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: Visitors arriving.  (Read 1945 times)

Offline paulaf

• regular contributor
Re: Visitors arriving.
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2020 »
Advertisement
Possibly, but depends if your flight is cancelled though as they might think Tenerife is a leisure route, also not sure yet how this will be checked or policed that you are travelling for business, the airline or is it done on trust? I'm booked to come out on 28th Nov but I presume it will get cancelled in due course as the loads will not make it economical to run either.

Offline pilgrim

• Looking forward to better times
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2020 »
I don't think they will cancel the flight, it is with Easyjet not a holiday charter flight. And interestingly when I booked they ask the question - is the flight for business or pleasure! I opted Business, whether this makes a difference I do not know!

Offline paulaf

• regular contributor
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2020 »
I agree flight only bookings stand more of a chance than package holidays, mine is BA flight only, is your flight still for sale? When did you book it out of interest, did they know about the "Business" thing then?

Offline Georgie

« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2020 »
I think if you have ticked business they think allegedly you have health insurance through your business

Just a guess

Offline paulaf

• regular contributor
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2020 »
BA have an option to select why you're travelling but its been there for years and i think its to tailor information they send to you.

Offline angiebabes

• Old Hand
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2020 »
Sorry to be dense, but my understanding is that during this latest lockdown any international flights were forbidden unless you have proof you are flying genuinely for business and as such will bE questioned at point of departure?

Also, driving in a taxi, car or whatever form of transport, if you are stopped by police you wouldn’t be allowed to travel to airport???

Am I missing the point here?

Offline Georgie

« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2020 »
I travel through out Europe for business and you need a letter and also a covid test which allegedly costs private 500 pounds

Offline nophead

« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2020 »
If Boris' dad can get a away with flying to Bulgaria to sort out his apartments I am sure you can.

Offline paulaf

• regular contributor
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2020 »
They haven't yet said how the business only element will be enforced you might not need proof just done on trust.

Offline pilgrim

« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2020 »
Angiebabies, I guess you reside in Los G, the lockdown here in UK was and not as enforced as in the Canaries. Even this evening when I popped down to the local CO-OP, for my cans of sleep treatment, there were two younger people in the shop without masks. This makes me very angry!! God only knows what it is like in the City's. We are very careful and turned 70 this year, so although we are lucky to be in reasonable good health so far, we are aware that we are vulnerable and take great precaution in keeping away and not passing the virus on. So I believe airports will be open for buisness travellers. And we will not be stopped when my wife drops me off!

Offline nophead

« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2020 »
Only about half the people in LG and Arena that we pass in the street wear masks actually over their face.  We just keep 2M distance, like at home, so not really bothered. I don't think we have seen anybody in shops not wearing one.

Offline pilgrim

« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2020 »
Also this lockdown here is not like the early 3 month one. Builders are still working, and there is an awful lot of building going on around London and the Suburbs, also so many roads being dug up, closed down and temp traffic lights in place. I don't things will be much different after Thursday, unless you want to buy a new outfit to wear at the restaurant near your holiday home!

Offline angiebabes

• Old Hand
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2020 »
Pilgrim, we spent 50/50 Between UK and Tenerife and were in Tenerife  when they introduced strict lockdown, resulting in us being there over seven months. Whilst lockdown in Tenerife was stricter than in UK I wonder if the infection rate dropped as a result of the lockdown or by the fact that when lockdown was announced literally thousands of people rushed to airports and ferries to leave the island and head for home. Over a period of around ten days the population decreased drastically, towns and villages were like ghost towns and when restaurants etc opened again they were practically empty. When visiting Mercadona, it was strange to see more than half a dozen folk inside a large area with wide isles so distancing was easy - nothing like Tesco! True the rules were strongly enforced and police were high profile and stringent in upholding the law, but the lack of footfall must have helped enormously in lowering the spread I would have thought?

We are hoping to head back early December but clearly it isn’t guaranteed, so will go with the flow and see what unfolds. Stay safe

Offline pilgrim

« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2020 »
Thankyou angiebabies, again strange times! Hope you get back okay, think you will. This virus is a really really bad flu, because we are having a type of lockdown! it will not be going away, it's still going to be here!
For ever, then it we all get used to it a little more, it may mutate to a weaker strain (more likely, maybe happened already) and part of life, could be 2022 till the scientists have been proved over cautious.
But they still get paid, as does every consultant on the subject. The IT people on the Track and Trace are on thousands a day, they love it!!!
Captain Cook took the common cold to parts of the undiscovered world, many died! They in return gave the sailors a sexual disease which was not in western Europe, many of them died.
Need to live with it, and people need to Isolate if they feel in danger!

Offline linda

« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2020 »
Waiting to see we been here for while but have friends in same boat work to be done taxes to pay.

Offline pilgrim

« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2020 »
Is anyone booked with easyjet and booked to come out after the 5th November? I am due to fly that morning from Gatwick, so far have had no info from the Airline? The media say all flights are cancelled, but easyjet still showing flight! so no idea what is happening.

Offline angiebabes

• Old Hand
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2020 »
Is anyone booked with easyjet and booked to come out after the 5th November? I am due to fly that morning from Gatwick, so far have had no info from the Airline? The media say all flights are cancelled, but easyjet still showing flight! so no idea what is happening.

And it may well go ahead without you as it could be carrying one way and also cargo. If it does fly then you won’t get a refund but can change your flight for a different date,

Offline pilgrim

« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2020 »
Thanks, if it is still flying I will try to go with it!! Easyjet so far with no information, pretty poor really!!

Offline LucyW

« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2020 »
Pilgrim, if you board the flight you are breaking the law. You are not traveling for legitimate business purposes.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2020 by LucyW »

Offline pilgrim

« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2020 »
Hi Lucy, you need to read previous posts, am travelling for business.

Offline LucyW

« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2020 »
I have read the posts and attending to an apartment refurb is not classified as business travel. The rules apply only to people who need to travel in the purpose of their employment. Just stick to the rules and keep everone safe.

Offline paulaf

• regular contributor
« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2020 »
There are many exemptions such as for care and protection, to fulfil legal requirements, attend a funeral etc etc.

Offline pilgrim

« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2020 »
Hi Lucy W   My occupation is "Property Manager" It is my full time job, I am registered as, and pay tax as!

Offline pilgrim

« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2020 »
It's all immaterial now, flights been cancelled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline paulaf

• regular contributor
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2020 »
If you really need to go for business book a BA connecting flight via Madrid going weekly on Saturdays I think, shouldn't get cancelled as it's a hub and heavy cargo route and then the 2nd leg is a domestic flight.

Offline pilgrim

« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2020 »
paulaf thank you for info! Government are saying Lockdown only 4 Weeks (if you can believe them). So should be good to go in December!

Offline nophead

« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2020 »
Even Gove said it might be longer. I don't think a month of less strict lock down than first one will make enough difference, so I expect it to be longer. Perhaps a small gap for Christmas and then another for the third wave. Rinse and repeat ad infinitum.

Offline nophead

« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2020 »
A lot busier in LG this evening. Some people that managed to get out between the travel corridor opening and the lockdown plus some Scotts.

Offline paulaf

• regular contributor
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2020 »
Good pleased to hear for the local businesses.

Offline Jinty

« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2020 »
I found this online "The Canary Islands introduce compulsory negative Covid-19 tests from November 14th, which must be shown by all holidaymakers on arrival at their accomodation". As the UK is well within the red zone all travelers will be affected. At present there are flights from Glasgow and Edinburgh to Tenerife but I don't know how easy it is to get a private test.