Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 7517 times)

Offline unhappy

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #90 on: March 23, 2021 »
Advertisement
Your giving him 24 hours, mind you it's not very easy to see your watch when you have your head stuck up someones bum.

Next they will be blaming us for the increase in the pound against the euro.

Mind, you have to be sorry for all the people in the EU with their inept and dithering leaders that they have,  because of their lack of action a few more of them are going catch Covid and also die.

Offline pilgrim

• Looking forward to better times
« Reply #91 on: March 24, 2021 »
Papers saying "Stanley Johnson Loophole" is an allowable way to travel abroad.
This means that if you have to travel to a home overseas to prepare it for sale or letting, or complete the purchase of a property, it is okay to do so. This being the case we have decided to put our place in LG on the market to sell. And will need a couple of weeks to smarten the place up prior to the agent taking photos etc..
Hope it all goes well, and we don't change our mind about selling while out there.

Offline unhappy

« Reply #92 on: March 25, 2021 »
All I can say is we were in a position after losing our son & our age that I did not want to leave my wife the problem of selling our property should anything happen to me.

Since we sold we have had no problem finding rentals in the area that we love & have been going to for 35+ years, also we were saving about 3500 euro a year in costs, which covers us to rent.

With the change after leaving the EU & the way they are showing their true colours about the UK we are certainly glad we did, good luck.

Offline nophead

« Reply #93 on: March 25, 2021 »
The big downside we have noticed since buying is calimas every five minutes. We had never heard of them until last year and now they seem common. The dust is very bad for the lungs and I heard it is radioactive because of the nuclear bomb tests France did in the 1950's.

Offline dorada

« Reply #94 on: March 25, 2021 »
The big downside we have noticed since buying is calimas every five minutes. We had never heard of them until last year and now they seem common. The dust is very bad for the lungs and I heard it is radioactive because of the nuclear bomb tests France did in the 1950's.

They are common but surely they can't be that bad judging by the number of 70-80+ year old locals on the streets.

Offline unhappy

« Reply #95 on: March 26, 2021 »
They have certainly increased & longer in the many years we have been going, as for radiation never heard that before.

I think it may have something to do with global warming, don't forget the UK was supposed to get warmer, what they did not tell us it was also going to get wetter &  more windy, forget the brolly when you go out it will be blown inside out, just put on the sou'wester.

Offline nophead

« Reply #96 on: March 26, 2021 »
I have an environmental monitor in the shed on our balcony that has a louvred door. It saw a big rise in temperature and a fall in humidity yesterday followed by a peak in dust particles around midnight.  I will look at adding a geiger counter next year.

I have to say the same type of detector at home in my garage detects a lot more particles from traffic in the road, which is a short cul de sac, and when we cook a stir fry or make the bed it goes bonkers.

The health warnings I have seen have been in French. They exploded nuclear bombs in the sahara.

Offline Tanemera

• Juan Tanemera
« Reply #97 on: March 26, 2021 »
Here is an excerpt from an article in Euronews.  Statistically (this bit's for you Nophead!) you are more likely to be affected by natural radon gas from the ground than radioactivity from an occasional calima.......

Could radioactive desert dust be dangerous?

If anybody knows Saharan dust well in Europe, it’s scientists on the Canary Islands.

From a lab at the University of Laguna, in Tenerife, professor Pedro Salazar Carballo told Euronews: “The dust of the Saharan desert, or calima as it is called in the Canary Islands, sometimes contains potassium 40, naturally present in minerals and also caesium-137 from nuclear tests by the French government.”

His lab recently published a study about the levels of radiation present in the dust brought by the strong storms in 2020, which forced the closure of airports, keeping hundreds of tourists trapped.

At that time, it found high levels of potassium 40 and caesium-137.

Salazar Carballo insists these levels are safe, and the lab carries out constant monitoring of levels that are sent to the Nuclear Safety Council. It has never found alarming levels brought by storms - even having detected the Chernobyl and Fukushima incidents.

“What actually exposes us the most to radioactivity is the natural radon that emanates naturally from the soil itself,” explains Salazar Carballo.

“It is estimated that between 5% and 14% of lung cancers are due to the radon gas that we breathe, especially in underground and closed spaces.”
« Last Edit: March 26, 2021 by Tanemera »

Offline nophead

« Reply #98 on: March 30, 2021 »
According to Janet Anscombe, although you can get out of the UK with the Stanley Johnson loophole, you can't get into Spain with that excuse, now that we are third country nationals.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021 by nophead »

Offline pilgrim

« Reply #99 on: March 30, 2021 »
Cheers, will take a look!

Offline unhappy

« Reply #100 on: April 05, 2021 »
Just had our second jab Saturday, hoping Boris gives us some good news this afternoon about traveling abroad for holiday.

Normal Easter weekend just went outside to take the cover off the bbq and it started to snow in South Staffordshire.

Offline pilgrim

« Reply #101 on: April 07, 2021 »
Yes, pleased your now jabbed up! Can't understand all the BAME peoples here in London refusing the injection! What's wrong with having the microchip!
Yes looks like 17th May flight holidays may resume, details to come??