Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 3153 times)

Offline unhappy

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2021 »
Advertisement
Nophead the longer this discussion goes on the more crap you spout, so everybody going for a swim turns up just in their cossies, no footwear, no clothes, no towel, no bag, get real you are just making excuses to suit your own ideals.

I never mentioned people on bikes or jogging look at the videos, you also posted in a previous post that most were not wearing masks, make your bloody mind up, one gets the impression you look at everything in Tenerife through rose tinted glasses.

Offline nophead

!
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2021 »
No what I am saying is people who swim in the sea must walk across the beach without a mask. The only time they can wear one is walking from the promenade to their designated spot and back again. But then what sense does it make if people can walk past them to the sea without a mask? Don't go to the beach if that worries you.

Again on paths for exercise a lot don't wear masks. What sense does it make if people can jog or cycle past you without one?

We follow the mask rules but they make no sense in situations like these outside. The vast majority wear them on normal streets in the towns but we also keep crossing the road to avoid passing people as we do at home, so the masks do nothing for us. And we wear the cheap crap ones, so we can breath, and they do very little anyway. If the rule was the same as the UK when you wear them only inside we would wear the surgical ones but we can't walk up steep hills in those.

Yesterday we saw a waiter in Martini wearing two masks. A cloth one over a surgical one. Today the BBC said it was a good idea for high risk activities like shopping for groceries!

Offline unhappy

« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2021 »
What is a normal street ???, "Don't go for a swim",  well don't walk up steep hills.

You like others seem to miss the point of wearing a mask, it is to safeguard others not yourself, it has been medical proven it is the airborne droplets that carry for long distances that cause the vast number of infections.

My wife & myself have had the jab over 3 weeks ago so we are pretty safe now, but we will still be wearing our masks it is what responsible people do, to try & stop the spread of the virus, should we catch it.

Offline nophead

« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2021 »
A normal street in the town with shop and bars. Not the footpath to Alcala or the beach promenades.

Yes I know what masks are for but if you are outside and can keep distance they are pointless and impractical in many situations.

We can't avoid walking up steep hills be because we live high up, so the way home from the coast is always a 400ft climb.

Offline unhappy

« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2021 »
Most of the beach promenades have restaurants, bars & shops just lock at LG, PS & PA let alone all those in the south.

Taxis are cheap you would be helping the local trade as well, OH I forgot you like to watch your pennies, sounds like just a lot of excuses to me.

Offline pilgrim

• Looking forward to better times
« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2021 »
Are the British papers still available to buy?

Offline Edward Bear

« Reply #66 on: Yesterday at 05:13 PM »
Only Daily Mail at present.

Offline pilgrim

« Reply #67 on: Yesterday at 06:21 PM »
Guess that's always had the biggest circulation!

Online Georgie

« Reply #68 on: Yesterday at 07:44 PM »
I stopped reading the mail because it was winding me up

Offline pilgrim

« Reply #69 on: Yesterday at 08:13 PM »
I get it for the wife, call it FeMAIL, I tend to read THE FUN, and the TORYGRAPH. Now you know where I get my moderate views from!