Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: Restrictions  (Read 10326 times)

Offline unhappy

Re: Restrictions
« Reply #120 on: October 10, 2020 »
Advertisement
Yes I do think they are stupid, why do you think most of the world brought in lockdowns to stop the spread, those that did not suffered the consequences, the virus out of control.

As for your obnoxious suggestion old people should stay out of the way, it is not us that are spreading the virus its the young and irresponsible morons like you.

Offline angiebabes

• Old Hand
« Reply #121 on: October 10, 2020 »
What is stupid about it? Most people, more than 70% have no symptoms at all. Most of the rest have mild symptoms. 10% have had it already. Where is the crystal ball needed?

Even if everybody got it at the same time you would struggle to hit one million with more than a cold, let alone millions. And as long as the old people stay out of the way it wouldn't be a big problem.

Anyway 18,000 much more qualified people than you or me think the same way. Are they all stupid?

I read your post with interest and am by no way educated in figures, computers or algorithms. Can you please tell me- you state more than 70% have no symptoms and 10% have already had it -
Then it figures 70% might not have a clue whether theyíve had it or not, so no one can say 10% have had it, as none of us are tested daily, weekly or some of us never! The figure could be much much higher.

No figures are accurate or can be anything like accurate unless every single person is tested daily, or at least weekly to ascertain
If theyíve got it
If theyíve had it

Until then, from what you state, you contradict yourself on claims as we donít have the necessary information on which to base any percentages,

Track and trace is vital, yet hundreds of small, independent laboratories that could and should have been utilised, have been ignored at the cost of actually getting accurate figures from which to make an informed action plan.

In the meantime, as you work your graphs out on information gleaned from the press etc., I question what accuracy you can appoint to any figures relating to covid?

Offline nophead

« Reply #122 on: October 10, 2020 »
The figures come from articles published by the BBC and the government.

The Office for National Statistics send out well over 100,000 tests to random people and ask them if they have symptoms. Then they work out how many test positive and with antibody tests also test how many have had it in the past. They publish the results every week on a Thursday.

Offline angiebabes

• Old Hand
« Reply #123 on: October 10, 2020 »
To date both here,up  north and in wales I havenít met anyone, not one single person who has received these tests, either for antibodies or anything else! Rather like checking you are quarantining, nothing happens to many people! Shambles!

Offline Georgie

« Reply #124 on: October 10, 2020 »
My wife and myself have not received these letters

But our sons have

Not sure what that means

Offline unhappy

« Reply #125 on: October 10, 2020 »
All I can say is my wife, myself and all our friends who happen to be in nopheads classification of old buggers that should be dead, do not know anybody who has caught Covid.

Perhaps we take our responsibility to safeguard ourselves and others more than he does, so get on with your sad life, with your graphs, saving money and telling everybody what to do, we will enjoy ourselves hopefully in Tenerife in a couple of weeks, and hopefully you will not be there.

Georgie work it out, its "random" if you are not thick you are stupid.

Offline angiebabes

• Old Hand
« Reply #126 on: October 10, 2020 »
The figures come from articles published by the BBC and the government.

The Office for National Statistics send out well over 100,000 tests to random people and ask them if they have symptoms. Then they work out how many test positive and with antibody tests also test how many have had it in the past. They publish the results every week on a Thursday.

ďAsk them if they have symptomsĒ

But you say 70% donít have symptoms, so how reliable is that??.?

Offline pilgrim

• Looking forward to better times
« Reply #127 on: October 10, 2020 »
Unhappy, you mention "all our friends".
Really!! do you pay them? or do they see you for the rudeness, maybe they derive some fun out of it!!

Offline nophead

« Reply #128 on: October 10, 2020 »
But you say 70% don’t have symptoms, so how reliable is that??.?

They test them as well. If the are positive but don't have symptoms then they know how many have it without noticing. Presumably they also ask if they had symptoms in the past and compare that with antibody test result as well.

In other instances a whole factory might get tested if there is an outbreak and again they find lots of positives in people with no symptoms. Even in some care homes half of the most frail have tested positive with no symptoms. The same with health service workers and care home staff that get tested regularly.

It is a generally accepted fact internationally that only about 30% of people that test positive have symptoms.

The ONS test about 160,000 a week so that is only one in 412 of the population each week, so not many of us will come across someone that has been tested randomly. More likely to come across some with it at the moment as that is around 1 in 200. I have heard of someone knowing someone that has had a random test.

The ONS are professional statisticians so they state the level of uncertainty in all their results. Of course it won't be spot on but the sample size is very large and they do it every week, so it is a good measure of what is going on.

And it wasn't me that started referring to "old buggers". I only said it in reply to someones else's comment.

But when the average age of people that die with covid is higher than the average life expectancy, what does that say?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020 by nophead »

Offline unhappy

« Reply #129 on: October 11, 2020 »
Pilgrim, pot calling the kettle black again, as for my friends there are about 6 couples really close friends we have known each other for almost 60 years I was best man for 2 of them, we still go out for meals, bbqs, dinner parties and celebrations, as for my rudeness, I call a spade a spade if you don't like it, don't read my posts.

Offline pilgrim

« Reply #130 on: October 11, 2020 »
Blee din Racist as well!!

Offline unhappy

« Reply #131 on: October 11, 2020 »
Obvious as thick as Georgie

Offline pilgrim

« Reply #132 on: October 11, 2020 »
Unhappy!! Infamy Infamy you have a persecution complex!!  Mention to your many friends, that someone said you have that complex. And ask them what they think!  Might be a shock to you!
Hope your keeping well!

Offline unhappy

« Reply #133 on: October 12, 2020 »
Can I ask my black relatives as well ?

Offline pilgrim

« Reply #134 on: October 12, 2020 »
My wife and I were both born in Brixton, so much more likely that we may have black relatives! Yours probably come from the Black Country!

Offline Georgie

« Reply #135 on: October 12, 2020 »
Unhappy I have a masters degree in maths

And please please dont talk about people and color otherwise I will set up another site and ban you

Offline Georgie

« Reply #136 on: October 12, 2020 »
Unhappy we class you at work in riming slang as a merchant banker

Offline Georgie

« Reply #137 on: October 12, 2020 »
And sorry for the rant but we have visited los gigantes for a number of years now and found everyone lovely and friendly

Thinking of you around I think you are in the wrong part of the island

Offline unhappy

« Reply #138 on: October 12, 2020 »
Reply to you 2 merchant bankers, we have never lived anywhere near the black country, sounds a little racist to me.

As for having a masters degree in maths, are they still using the abacus there, also its a pity they could not teach you to spell, and this is from a lad who failed his 11+, also my best friend & yes I was his best man, was a genius at maths, he never went to university, became a senior partner in one of the largest accountancy companies in the world, is now the MD of 12 companies worth millions, ( done a little bit better than you at adding up ) 

Also my wife visited Los Gigantes when the only properties that had been built were the los gigs hotel & a couple of villas, that is why over 35 years ago we went back and purchased property there, so we think we know a little more than somebody that can add 2+2=? about the area.

And as for your threats, bring it on, idiots like you who think just because you have a degree you are clever, try starting from nothing, leaving a job that I had just moved up into management, starting from the shop floor with the biggest American Company in the Industry and then decided to start my own company, that I then sold for a hansom profit, your a pussycat, a thick one YES.

Offline pilgrim

« Reply #139 on: October 12, 2020 »
Unhappy, not wanting to spoil your business genius. Did you not say that you no longer own a property in Los Gigantes, and have had to down size twice at home in the UK in recent years!
A very successful person I know, said to me, that when someone is being an arse or trying to put you down.
The most satisfaction you can have is quietly knowing that you can buy and sell them.
I think I will be quiet.

Offline unhappy

« Reply #140 on: October 12, 2020 »
Dream on, we have down sized 3 times, the first time the castle was to far from the airport the other times & selling my business & our properties was because our son died, leaving just the 2 of us, smart arse

Offline Georgie

« Reply #141 on: October 13, 2020 »
I was brought up in the east end in council flats which I am very happy with for a good grounding

I was lucky to get a scholarship for maths and yes my English has always been bad

You have never lived in the east end and it sounds like you had a privilege life

Offline angiebabes

• Old Hand
« Reply #142 on: October 13, 2020 »
I was brought up in the east end in council flats which I am very happy with for a good grounding

I was lucky to get a scholarship for maths and yes my English has always been bad

You have never lived in the east end and it sounds like you had a privilege life

How crass can you be GEORGIE?  Didnít you read Unhappyísí post?!!

How can anyone have had a privileged life when theyíve buried their own child?

I do wonder at some people sometimes!

Offline unhappy

« Reply #143 on: October 14, 2020 »
Thanks angiebabes, don't worry he does not know any better.

Georgie, just to put the record straight about my privileged upbringing, I also lived in a small council house with my 2 sisters, a brother and my mom and dad in one of the worst areas of Birmingham, an area that they dumped all those that did not pay their council rent.

My dad was a toolmaker, my mom was a power press operator a job that was very physical and she wreaked of suds oil every night she came home, they both worked full time and never missed paying their rent or buying anything on tick. My mom was not very bright but then she left school at 12 to go into service so did not get the right education, my dad passed to go to Grammar School, but his parents, his dad a miner in Mountain Ash could not afford to send him.

The school I went to was crap in fact when I left it after failing my 11+, and moved to the senior school they told me I was 2 years behind what the school should have been teaching us, but one thing my dad always taught me was never give up just try harder, very good advice.

I do now have a privileged life, my wife and I have no money worries although we do not have our only child our son, we do have his daughter our lovely granddaughter who spends most weekends with us, she is not spoiled, but if she needs something for school which she now needs a computer with a detachable screen we will buy her one.

I worked bloody hard all my life, I left school at 15 and retired at 69 my first job was 8.00 to 6.00 five days a week, sat 8.00 to 12.00 on top of that 2 hours bus ride each day, no doubt others worked just or even harder, something the youth of today should try instead of going to university getting some crappy degree that they will never use and then expecting the country to owe them something.

I hope now you will stop asking stupid questions "but I doubt it "

Offline nophead

« Reply #144 on: October 14, 2020 »
Not all degrees are crappy stuff that never gets used. I did computer engineering that covered both electronics and software, which I used throughout my career and even now in my hobbies since retiring.

Some of the stuff like studying magnetic core stores went completely out of date, and in fact was already when I studied it, but the principles of magnetic hysteresis curves are still useful to know now when using transformers and inductors, and even the 3D printer I am working on at the moment, which uses an electropermanent magnet.

It is not for everyone, and some people can be self taught, but higher education is definitely needed if the country is to be competitive in science and technology.

Offline unhappy

« Reply #145 on: October 14, 2020 »
As a qualified engineer I understand about education, but 2 of our friends children went to university one obtained a degree in Spanish one in Geography they ended up working in shops, what a waste ?.

When your talking about curves, my wife wont mind me saying hers have got a little larger, like my stomach in the last few years, I blame the vino, but we still go to the gym, even though we have sold the castle.

Offline blarer

« Reply #146 on: October 14, 2020 »
What a sad site this has become. Sticking to Que Pasa from now on.

Offline unhappy

« Reply #147 on: October 14, 2020 »
What do you want us to discuss, The weather ???????

Offline Georgie

« Reply #148 on: October 14, 2020 »
It is not pleasant at all

Some seem to twist words and posts

Do I really want to drink with some of these people

Offline Samijoe

« Reply #149 on: October 14, 2020 »
In my very humble opinion, I think some of you need to get back to LG and you will immediately become happier and less stressed. Everyone we saw and spoke to during our stay all agreed itís so much easier to live in the wonderful climate and warmth of the village. Our quarantine hasnít been too bad. Totally understand some people cannot afford to do this, and it has affected our income. However if we donít get over again this year itís been worth it. We all have stories of loss and hard times, those who donít are lucky. Letís all hope those of us who return can have a drink with others who enjoy similar simple pleasures. Itís fun guessing who might be behind the comments being posted 😉