Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: Restrictions  (Read 10602 times)

paulaf and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline blarer

Re: Restrictions
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2020 »
Advertisement
Nopheads onions are the only ones that matter.

Offline nophead

« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2020 »
Nopheads onions are the only ones that matter.

I wouldn't say that. We did have a good crop this year but I used the last one in a curry last night, so will have to buy them from now on.

unhappy, we have always followed the government rules, but we don't know a single other person that has. All our friends, family and neighbours break them. Mainly because they have children and grandchildren, so they mind them, or have celebratory meals for graduations, birthdays, etc.

What I said where the rules are stupid because as our numbers increase they allow more social freedom. Do the majority actually think that makes sense? If so I despair at the lack of logical reasoning.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020 by nophead »

Offline Georgie

« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2020 »
Just in case I am going out tomorrow to buy toilet rolls and tins of soup and tomatoes xx

Offline pilgrim

• Looking forward to better times
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2020 »
Were just booking flights out for next month. But with these new restrictions have decided to leave it again.
Really need to get out to pay some bills and get some sun now that it looks like we are entering the Autumn/winter here. Limbo is a word that comes to mind!

Offline Samijoe

« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2020 »
Jet2 suspended flights again. Not sure if we will book with them for December. Might trust Ryanair again, at least they got us here. A few more younger couples walking around last night and this morning. Hope that people of all ages start to return soon as there might not be many more businesses able to survive.

Offline Georgie

« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2020 »
Sorry everyone just found out from my yearly check up that visors are no good but wear a face mask

Back to face masks

Offline pilgrim

« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2020 »
Is the mobile phone/top up shop run by Juan still open in Porto Santiago?

Offline angiebabes

• Old Hand
« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2020 »
Yes he’s still there and helpful as always

Offline pilgrim

« Reply #68 on: September 26, 2020 »
Masks! I have had trouble shopping with my wife due to wearing a mask! I find them uncomfortable and also the elastic straps around my ears annoying! My wife picked up a couple in Pound Land. Well their great, black very light fabric like tights material and stretchty. No elastic as 2 holes precut in to fabric for your ears.
So light and easy to wear that I am completley okay with wearing a mask now!
It is worth trying a few types to get one that suits you!

Offline nophead

« Reply #69 on: September 26, 2020 »
You can wear any face covering in the UK but for Spain it is supposed to be a proper mask that actually filters. No idea how well that is policed.

Offline pilgrim

« Reply #70 on: September 26, 2020 »
was going to book for late October, but have read that Easyjet close to collapse, and also worried that could be caught in a new Spanish lockdown, and having to self isolate on return to UK. So many variables!
Think maybe the best to continue to wait and if we go, book the flights the day before! Just fancy a bit of sun and LG!

Offline angiebabes

• Old Hand
« Reply #71 on: September 26, 2020 »
You can wear any face covering in the UK but for Spain it is supposed to be a proper mask that actually filters. No idea how well that is policed.

Not in Tenerife it isn’t! As long as the mask covers nose and mouth snuggly now problem.

Offline nophead

« Reply #72 on: September 26, 2020 »
We booked EasyJet flights flights for November in March as a gamble. As we get nearer the uncertainty is going up rather than down. Regulations and case trends change nearly every day.

I got an email from them a few days ago saying our return flight in December was a few hours earlier. Perhaps they consolidated some flights due to lack of passengers.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020 by nophead »

Offline linda

« Reply #73 on: October 01, 2020 »
They have

Offline unhappy

« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2020 »
Received an email today from Tui our holiday due to fly out 20th this month, they say there is no air bridge so they can not guarantee our holiday

What this must also mean that the airlines & tour companies who are offering flights & holidays even now know that they have now way of  knowing if they can fly.

Offline nophead

« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2020 »
Was that also the case when you booked it or did it close after?

Offline angiebabes

• Old Hand
« Reply #76 on: October 01, 2020 »
Received an email today from Tui our holiday due to fly out 20th this month, they say there is no air bridge so they can not guarantee our holiday

What this must also mean that the airlines & tour companies who are offering flights & holidays even now know that they have now way of  knowing if they can fly.

Oh no! I’m so sorry to read this unhappy. I’m thinking of delaying until 4/12 to our apartment as we were in Tenerife for 10months earlier but first frost will have me saying we should have gone sooner. I do hope you get fixed up, have you got friends who would rent to you and do your flights separate?

Offline unhappy

« Reply #77 on: October 01, 2020 »
We only booked the holiday on the 24/09/20 a week ago, they must have known then that there was no air bridge

Tui & Ryanair were offering flights & holidays but Jet2 are now only offering anything from mid October, so be aware that without an air bridge they can not fly.

Myself I would call it fraud, they have offered my something they knew they could not supply, but knowing the Travel Industry they will get away with it.

Offline nophead

« Reply #78 on: October 01, 2020 »
Yes it was pretty obvious there wouldn't be one then. The numbers are on the way down mostly but nowhere near the 20 limit and it would also need a government concession to treat Tenerife different from Spain, and even some of the other Canaries.

The best hope seems to be testing at the airport funded by Tenerife, but even then it needs the UK government to accept that and it would be no means certain.

Offline pilgrim

« Reply #79 on: October 01, 2020 »
Things may yet change! I thought I read somewhere today (although I cannot find it now!) that a European country is opening an air bridge to Tenerife.
Anyways!!!! Unhappy I have said before to you? You need to change your call sign - it's bad Karma!
Say - would you open a village bar called C rap times.   Change it Unhappy    Things will improve!!

Offline nophead

« Reply #80 on: October 01, 2020 »
I think Germany has a limit of 50, so they might open one long before the UK does and get all the sunbeds.

The UK limit of 20 doesn't make much sense now the UK is well above that itself.  You should be able to go anywhere that is lower than at home without quarantine.

Offline linda

« Reply #81 on: October 02, 2020 »
Tui are operating from Germany 7 flights a week  to all canaries starting Saturday.Belgium happy to allow flying to Tenerife .UK need to sort themselves out.

Offline unhappy

« Reply #82 on: October 02, 2020 »
It could be Spain that has stopped the air bridge because of the rise of covid in the UK.

We know when we caught the Wizz Air flight in May, the first flight out after we were left stranded, a Government tried to stop the flight 4 times before it landed, but we could not find out which one it was.

Offline Samijoe

« Reply #83 on: October 02, 2020 »
While we were in LG and surrounding area we were pleased to see the level of adherence to wearing masks, hand hygiene etc. Different story in the airport. People of all ages ‘forgetting’ to wear mask until staff reminded them, shouting and swearing as they joined check in and queuing for toilets on plane even though regular announcements were made. A few spoil things for the majority of us. Doubt these same people will be bothered about quarantine.

Offline cs

« Reply #84 on: October 04, 2020 »
Flew from East Midlands today, the airport was quiet, there were only about 50 on the flight and everyone was well spaced out. Tenerife airport was quiet too, we breezed through the health check and immigration and our luggage was on the carousel by the time we got there. No queue at car hire and we were driving away less than 30 minutes after we arrived. Really looking forward to spending the few weeks supporting the local restaurants and bars

Offline pilgrim

« Reply #85 on: October 04, 2020 »
Well done, and keep us posted with what is open and how they are getting on in these strange times!

Offline Samijoe

« Reply #86 on: October 04, 2020 »
Wish we were still there. The restaurants,bars and shops all need increased revenue. Bought things we would not usually buy just to give some support to the hard working people trying to make a living. Definitely going back in
December regardless of quarantine restrictions.

Offline pilgrim

« Reply #87 on: October 04, 2020 »
Putting us off coming out is the 14 day quarantine on return. We run a business so may need to attend to something! If it were 7 days I would be happy to come out. Let's say I return from Tenerife, showing no temp. and on day 5 of our return I get a Covid test, 48 hours later (day 7) shows negative! I as a responsible person with my covid negative passport should be able to go out and do my business!
What do you think!   

Offline Samijoe

« Reply #88 on: October 05, 2020 »
Totally agree. The quarantine period is like everything else at the minute , a number pulled out of nowhere. In a few days time I can imagine we will be going stir crazy and desperate to get out and about. Fingers crossed that the 14 day rule is reviewed soon.

Offline nophead

« Reply #89 on: October 05, 2020 »
The issues with testing after 5 days are who is going to pay for it when it costs more than the airfare? And the test is only about 70% accurate for a positive.

Medics need two negative tests a few days apart before they can go back to work. My nephew, who is a doctor, missed being able to visit his father before he died because his second test didn't come back in time while isolating after being exposed to it at work even with the date of exposure being known.