Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: Restrictions  (Read 10609 times)

Offline angiebabes

• Old Hand
Re: Restrictions
« Reply #90 on: October 05, 2020 »
Advertisement
When is a test not a test?

When itís not accurate.

Online unhappy

« Reply #91 on: October 05, 2020 »
CS, who did you fly with & was it a holiday booking or just flights. We live by EMA or BHX same distance to both

Offline nophead

« Reply #92 on: October 05, 2020 »
Apparently no medical tests are 100% accurate with a certain percentage of false negatives and positives. Depending on how many tests are done, the prevalence of the disease and the false rate, some can do more harm than good.

For covid the chance of getting a false negative varies according to which day you are on after initial infection. Too early or too late there is not enough virus present. Or the swab might not be inserted far enough, etc.

False positives include cases where people have had it in the recent past but are no longer infectious but dead virus fragments can trigger a positive.

The PCR test works by doing a number of cycles to amplify the virus DNA to a detectable level. The number of cycles sets the sensitivity of the test and is a balance between false negative and false positive. I.e. you think it gives a binary yes or no but that is only after a chosen number of cycles, so it is actually more analogue.

Offline Samijoe

« Reply #93 on: October 05, 2020 »
Unhappy, we had flights only with Ryanair and our flights were about 70% full. They fly from most airports.Arriving home the airport checks are much quicker than usual as so few passengers. As long as the electronic health form is completed correctly even that isnít an issue. Did see a couple of idiots who had not followed the guidance and were then kicking up a fuss. In my opinion flying at the minute is more enjoyable than usual.

Offline nophead

« Reply #94 on: October 05, 2020 »
Are the bars, cafes and shops open in the airport?

Online cs

« Reply #95 on: October 05, 2020 »
Unhappy - we must be from the same neck of the woods, we flew with Ryanair, flight only, duty free, WH Smith and bars and restaurants were open

Offline Samijoe

« Reply #96 on: October 05, 2020 »
Everything open in Tenerife South, once you get through security. You can pay cash or by card.

Offline angiebabes

• Old Hand
« Reply #97 on: October 05, 2020 »
Anyone any knowledge of any inflight crew being struck down with Covid as flying is deemed so risky? When we flew back from Tenerife in August, I spoke to the cabin crew and none of them had been infected, just interested?

Online unhappy

« Reply #98 on: October 05, 2020 »
Thanks CS, I thought it was with Ryanair as Tui & Jet2 are not flying until later this month.

The crazy thing is to fly with them now to TFS from EMA really good flight times, the price £36.98 return each, madness how can they make that pay.

Offline Georgie

« Reply #99 on: October 05, 2020 »
Should we stay at home and support our own business

Is that why we voted Brexit

Sorry but we must think about this issue

Online unhappy

« Reply #100 on: October 05, 2020 »
We stay in the UK most of the year supporting businesses & when we fly out on holiday we support taxi's, airports & travel companies.

As for Brexit we think you will find most people who voted to leave were sick & tired of being told what to do by the EU when most of the Countries in the EU did not conform to their own laws but expected the UK too & that is from experience running my own Company with their stupid red tape.

Offline pilgrim

• Looking forward to better times
« Reply #101 on: October 05, 2020 »
Trump is going home to the Whitehouse after being hospitalised with Covid. Boris could have died. That was 9/10 months earlier in the year. This tells me that the virus has mutated to a weaker strain, more like an annual flu. I think also that God maybe showing us that Trump is showing us the correct way and we need to follow him and urge any septics (septic tanks - yanks) that they should vote to return him to office.
Live and let live!! Up the revolution!!

Offline nophead

« Reply #102 on: October 05, 2020 »
Not necessarily. Most people that catch it don't die from it, even when old and fat. You have to be unlucky as well.

Online unhappy

« Reply #103 on: October 06, 2020 »
Perhaps the NHS the doctors & nurses have a better handle on the virus now & some drugs that don't cure the infection but help ease the illness.

As for trump, I thought my wife had the perfect diagnosis, she said he must have the virus he can't smell his bull sh1t anymore.

Online unhappy

« Reply #104 on: October 08, 2020 »
Looks like our visit to Tenerife this month is off, rang Tui today after the email they sent last week about the air bridge, they can not tell me if it is going or not, although Ryanair are still flying, must be short of a few bob after paying all those customers back that he thought he did not have too.

Jet2 are now not flying until the 1st November, but the way this virus is spreading again across the world it looks like we are going to be back in total lock down again fairly soon.

Offline nophead

« Reply #105 on: October 08, 2020 »
EasyJet are still flying at the moment. According to flightradar the Manchester flight is just about to land at TFS.

I got a second email from them saying our November flight out is later in the day. So our trip is getting slightly shorter at each end, if it flies at all.

In the meantime there is a petition to sign if you want all this nonsense to stop. https://gbdeclaration.org/

Offline pilgrim

« Reply #106 on: October 08, 2020 »
Thanks Nophead! Signed

Offline Foxy

« Reply #107 on: October 09, 2020 »
Couldn't agree more with the Declaration  - also signed

Offline janey

« Reply #108 on: October 09, 2020 »
signed

Offline Samijoe

« Reply #109 on: October 09, 2020 »
Just signed it. So has hubby and 2 friends.

Offline Georgie

« Reply #110 on: October 09, 2020 »
It might get worse

The volcano in Iceland is due to erupt again

Remember 2011 when all flights were grounded

Online unhappy

« Reply #111 on: October 09, 2020 »
By your term " nonsense ", I expect your advice is capistious to all the medical people that know this virus is uncontrollable and a mass killer, ( Trump is looking for a right or left hand assistant all his are dropping like flies ) I would apply if I was you.

My wife & myself would like to thank you for the possible death sentence by yours & others irresponsible actions.

WE WILL NOT BE SIGNING.

And Georgie you have been so quite we thought you had been looking for your brain, alas NO. 

Offline nophead

« Reply #112 on: October 09, 2020 »
I don't know what "capistious" means but the petition was started by medical and public health scientists and medical practitioners and 5,957 of the former and 12,182 of the latter have signed it.

Yes the virus is uncontrollable, so it is futile to try to control it and massively damaging to health, education and the economy.

It isn't a mass killer because worst case it will kill less than 1% of the population. Most of the other 99% will die from one of the mass killers, which are cancer, heart disease and dementia plus the other far more dangerous things like air pollution.

Offline Georgie

« Reply #113 on: October 09, 2020 »
Unhappy

My brain

You are joking about the serious of this situation

Sorry but strange xx

Online unhappy

« Reply #114 on: October 10, 2020 »
That's odd just had the news where all the medical people are now asking for it to be made law to wear a mask at work.

What you along with others are proposing is we do nothing and let this virus infect the whole world uncontrolled, billions of people.

How do you expect this little country the UK to cope, the NHS could not cope in March & April with just a few hundred thousand infected, what do they do when there are millions, how will it cope then & and what will that do to our economy.

We still have no idea how bad this can get, we now have what they are calling Long Covid where people who had a very minor infection but months later are having serious health problems, in fact I saw one young woman who said she had caught the virus twice months apart, the second time causing her serious health problems.

Along with my wife we will take every precaution we can to avoid catching or spreading this virus, if that means wearing a mask which we had done since we were in lockdown in February in Tenerife, before we got home & have done ever since then.

Don't forget wearing a mask is to safeguard other people not just yourself, even now when the pubs are closing we are seeing people mixing & drinking in the streets, until people realise & behave responsable this virus will carry on spreading, how are these eminent doctors going to control that with their petition.

Offline pilgrim

« Reply #115 on: October 10, 2020 »
Hi Unhappy, A very good article in the femail yesterday, sorry daily mail!
I imagine Unhappy you may be in your late 60's or early 70's.
Not having the article in front of me, the average mortality age here in UK is 81.5 years.
The average age for death related to Covid 19 is 82.5 years.
So simplistically the poor buggers who have succumbed to the Virus are already past their Sell By Date.
You are younger, so should be fine!!!

Offline nophead

« Reply #116 on: October 10, 2020 »
how are these eminent doctors going to control that with their petition?

The point is they don't need to. Like all previous diseases the world carries on and the population acquires immunity and the few that don't exit exit stage left.

Millions won't get ill at the same in the UK because most people don't get ill and it takes months to ripple through. Anybody that doesn't fancy their chances needs to keep out of the way.

Online unhappy

« Reply #117 on: October 10, 2020 »
Yes Pilgrim they may be the facts now with the Government trying to steem the infection, we saw by them doing the lockdown they were able to control the spread.

If people do not act responsibly the virus will spread even worse and it wont be just the old buggers that die it will be many more others & the Government will be forced in to another lockdown nationwide

Do nothing like the idiot Manchester Mayor wants, it is easy criticising the Government he should be telling his flock to act responsibly to try and stop the spread.

And as for taking facts from newspapers forget it.

Online unhappy

« Reply #118 on: October 10, 2020 »
nophead, you must tell me where you got you crystal ball from, your comment is stupid.

Offline nophead

« Reply #119 on: October 10, 2020 »
What is stupid about it? Most people, more than 70% have no symptoms at all. Most of the rest have mild symptoms. 10% have had it already. Where is the crystal ball needed?

Even if everybody got it at the same time you would struggle to hit one million with more than a cold, let alone millions. And as long as the old people stay out of the way it wouldn't be a big problem.

Anyway 18,000 much more qualified people than you or me think the same way. Are they all stupid?