Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: Restrictions  (Read 17337 times)

Online unhappy

Re: Restrictions
« Reply #360 on: November 30, 2020 »
Advertisement
I am unsure I have checked both the UK & Spanish gov sites but neither are very clear, so for £5.50 from the post office, I will get one just to make sure.

Offline nophead

« Reply #361 on: November 30, 2020 »
Yes not being able to eat out is not a holiday but we can't do that at home anyway, so at the moment it is much better here and even if it gets more restrictive it has a long way to go before it gets to tier 3 type restrictions, which aren't much different from full lockdown for us.

We would need to be in tier 1 at home to get the similar restrictions as Tenerife. I.e. to be able to go into a bar with friends or for just a drink without a substantial meal, and that is currently only Cornwall. I would be surprised if Manchester gets down to tier 1 before we go home in March because there will be a big peak at Christmas.

I am not surprised numbers are not coming down here because the special measures are such a light touch. They obviously are trying to strike a balance between hospitality and health but it swings much more to hospitality here than in the UK because it is a much bigger part of the economy and the hospitals don't seem to be overwhelmed. The UK has far less hospital beds per capita than the rest of Europe and rates are 10 times lower here. The only thing the rates threaten here are the travel corridor.

Offline angiebabes

• Old Hand
« Reply #362 on: November 30, 2020 »
I agree with you Unhappy and will do the same when we decide to book flights and head to Tenerife but want the vaccine first.

Offline nophead

« Reply #363 on: November 30, 2020 »
Good luck with that for this year winter season. I think we will probably get it some time in the summer in time for next year but we are probably later on the list.

Online pilgrim

• Looking forward to better times
« Reply #364 on: December 03, 2020 »
Great news with vaccine!
Says in news today, one of the hubs to distribute the Vaccine is Epsom Race course. Which is up the Road from our house! We moved here as it was nice and quiet!
Anyways, they hope to do a million a week nationally. But if it is anything like the testing, they won't achieve this anytime soon is my guess! So a million is a lot per week, but when you have nearly 70million people!
Don't hold your breath, it will take well into 2022 to get everybody done.
Oh and the Vaccine approved yesterday needs two injections, the 2nd one month after the first! So will that slow it up even more!!

Online pilgrim

« Reply #365 on: December 04, 2020 »
Arrived in Cornwall this afternoon, booked a pub/restaurant for this evening at 7pm. Arrived, asked if we were living in Cornwall on a permanent basis (they also have seen us a thousand times), reply no. Ask what tier we come from. Explain 2. Say special area in lounge for Tier 2 people. We have to order from table drinks, food etc..   And can only drink alcohol while we are eating, soon as we are finished eating we have to finish our alcoholic drinks. What about coffee I ask? yes, we can have coffee or any other soft drink and remain in our seats to closing time!!!
Crazy, back now via offy!!

Offline nophead

« Reply #366 on: December 05, 2020 »
From today groups limited to 4 and curfew from 11 pm to 6am in Tenerife.

Online pilgrim

« Reply #367 on: December 08, 2020 »
Has anybody who has flown via Gatwick lately, had the Covid test for travel, and where did you get it done?
And how much?

Offline paulaf

• regular contributor
« Reply #368 on: December 08, 2020 »
Hi we used Wren very good service and a few locations in the South East, £145 for 48 hours and £170 for 24 hours. They were highly recommended by people on Cyprus trip advisor.

https://wrenhealthcare.co.uk/covid-19-pcr-testing/

Online unhappy

« Reply #369 on: December 09, 2020 »
Boots the chemists are also doing PCR tests at major city stores, the price is £120.

We have decided because of the new restrictions in Tenerife which if the figures are not brought under control could mean another lockdown, also the vaccine should be come available to our age group shortly, we will wait for our winter holiday until we have had the jab.

Online pilgrim

« Reply #370 on: December 09, 2020 »
Thanks fellas!
Boots near Gatwick are doing it, but not the ones near us. Also I believe there is a test centre in Airport car park, so may try that. There are kits, but I would be worried in case we didn't get the swab correct!
I have had a test from the government centre earlier in the year, and it was quite evasive, with the swab half way down your throat, and right up nose!

Offline cs

« Reply #371 on: December 09, 2020 »
looks like it will be antigen tests needed from tomorrow

Offline Tanemera

• Juan Tanemera
« Reply #372 on: December 09, 2020 »
Yes, Canarian government have apparently defied Madrid and decreed in favour of Antigen.  I wonder if they will get away with it though.

Offline losjack

• Old Hand
« Reply #373 on: December 10, 2020 »
Canary Islands removed from Travel Corridor list as of 4am Saturday 12th December. Arriving after that you will have to self-isolate

Offline debandgreg

« Reply #374 on: December 10, 2020 »
Travel insurance no longer valid and the Canaries underwritten insurance with Axa will no longer cover people from the UK so nobody will travel now. We were meant to be coming for Christmas and New Year but now cancelled.

Online pilgrim

« Reply #375 on: December 10, 2020 »
We were over for new year, but not prepared to isolate. Am needed out and about!!

Online pilgrim

« Reply #376 on: December 10, 2020 »
Also every time a shift or possible movement or not, posturing in Brexit some sort of restriction to travel seems to happen! Best outcome is no deal, then we will all be back, and they will be happy to welcome us again with open hands.

Offline nophead

« Reply #377 on: December 10, 2020 »
I don't think it has anything to do with Brexit. The Tenerife figures have surged and made the Canarian seven day average go about the limit of 50 / 100K. The other islands must be pissed off with Tenerife!

Online unhappy

« Reply #378 on: December 11, 2020 »
Very glad we decided to abort our winter holiday, we were due to fly out tomorrow at 12.30, not worried about isolating as we were not coming back until the end of March so things no doubt would have changed.

What is very sad is what's happening, the Canaries going against Spain, then Spain changing it's own restrictions and bringing in a TMA test as well as a PCR test, the only problem with that is there's very little information on the TMA test. I tried to find out yesterday and got 2 different answers one saying it was a blood prick test the other a throat/nasal swab, along with the Canaries declared Antigen test, which they forget Spain are in control of their borders, and now the UK closing the travel corridor it is becoming more like a circus everyday.

As we know what needs to happen is as from day one, people to act more responsible, and the vaccine to become available to everybody.

As for Brexit I see the "little frog" was at it again yesterday saying when we leave we will only be allowed to stay for 90 days as though it was a new EU law, perhaps he forgot France signed up for Shenggen.

The next thing we will see him strutting along with his hand tucked into his coat, I wonder if he can ride a horse ?.

Offline Tanemera

• Juan Tanemera
« Reply #379 on: December 11, 2020 »
From the "Local" (Spain's news in English).....

"On Wednesday, Spainís government announced modifications to the entry requirements and said alongside a PCR test, they would also accept a negative TMA (Transcription- Mediated Amplification), a more rapid form of testing using a blood sample from a finger prick rather than a nasal swab.

However the government stopped short of allowing antigen tests arguing that they were still not reliable enough."

More here...
https://www.thelocal.es/20201210/spain-modifies-covid-test-requirements-for-travellers
https://www.spainenglish.com/2020/12/10/spain-changes-covid-19-test-requirements-travellers/

Two websites I looked at say it is a blood test, one says a nasal swab.  All say it is quicker than the PCR.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020 by Tanemera »

Offline AWOL

• Old Hand
« Reply #380 on: December 11, 2020 »
It is a shame but we have more or less decided to stay here in our little haven of normality with 2 active cases and a normal life and not have the hassle in LG. Would very much like some sun and warm air but so be it. There will be next year hopefully April/May time all being well. Will need to do some cleaning on the patio know doubt >:(

I very much agree with "unhappy".

(As we know what needs to happen is as from day one, people to act more responsible).

AWOL

Offline Tanemera

• Juan Tanemera
« Reply #381 on: December 11, 2020 »
Just read on the Shengen news-sheet that the EU are going to spend 6.241 BILLION euros over the next 7 years establishing and implementing a coherent visa policy.  You couldn't make it up! 
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020 by Tanemera »

Online unhappy

« Reply #382 on: December 15, 2020 »
Sadly I see Tenerife could be going into total lockdown again because the high rise in covid cases, even the Government are frustrated by people not acting more responsibly.

With this in mind and the Germans also going into lockdown until after Christmas it does not look very helpful to the Islands economy.

When are people throughout the World going to realise even with the vaccine, to beat this virus is NOT going to be a quick fix

Offline nophead

« Reply #383 on: December 15, 2020 »
When are the governments going to realise they can't control a pandemic and just let it happen?

How can the the measures in Tenerife possibly control the spread? A rule of 4 and a curfew plus wearing masks hasn't worked anywhere in the world.

Offline janey

« Reply #384 on: December 15, 2020 »
the next date for the canarian government to make a decision with regard to rules is 18th december i thought

Online unhappy

« Reply #385 on: December 15, 2020 »
nophead you are talking rubbish, when Governments make draconian measures like lockdowns, because people DO NOT act responsibly, the figures and the spread go down.

The people to blame are not Governments but the human race, we are stupid if we think a fairy godmother is going to wave a magic wand, and this is going to go away.

Until we adhere to what the experts are telling us to do, how much we may dislike it, many more people will be infected and die.

It would appear that the situation in Germany is the total proof of PEOPLE, not a Government behaving irresponsible, this country was held as the shining light at controlling the virus, not any more, thanks to idiots.

Offline nophead

« Reply #386 on: December 15, 2020 »
For the numbers to go down exponentially instead of up exponentially each person that is infected has to infect less than one other on average.

The rules say we can sit at a table in a bar in a group of four. If one of us has it then most likely the other three will get it since we all take our masks off to eat and drink. And there is not limit to how many different groups of four we can join.

So if everybody follows the governments rules, why would the numbers go down and not up?

The only way you can stop infected people spreading it is to prevent all social mixing as has been found in the UK. But 1/3 of people at least would rather have their social lives and take the chance. That is why we left the UK and came here. So far we have more freedom to eat out and spread it about. So we follow all the rules and do so.

Offline Tanemera

• Juan Tanemera
« Reply #387 on: December 15, 2020 »
Just been jumping through hoops trying to arrange a COVID test for our (hopeful) arrival in Tenerife on 8 January.  Booked with Boots but could only get an 11 a.m. appointment on 5th.  Then we realised 11 a.m. on 5th plus 72 hours = 11 a.m. on 8th, which is 4 hours before we arrive in Tenerife.  I checked online and confirmed that the 72 hours starts when the test is conducted, not when the certificate is signed.  And the requirement is for it to be valid on flight arrival. not departure.  Cancelled Boots.

After further investigation, we booked with East Midlands Airport who do tests via Collinson for £99, provided you have a valid flight booking from EMA.  Got a 5 pm slot which gives us 2 hours to spare from our 72  hours.  Hopefully we will get our negative certificates before we have to check in.

It will all be worth it to get back to the sunshine and relative freedom!

Offline nophead

« Reply #388 on: December 15, 2020 »
We met a couple that had paid £500 for tests because the first ones they got expired when their flight was cancelled and they had to get another, so they paid for four PCR tests!

It doesn't stop people with confidence and money coming but a lot will not chance the expense because if your test turns out positive you lose your holiday and if you flight is delayed you could be refused admission at the border.

The BBC said today that the UK should be able to vaccinate all the over 65's by March and then the death rate will drop by 90% and be acceptable, so restrictions could start to be eased then.

Online unhappy

« Reply #389 on: December 15, 2020 »
I wonder where the BBC got their figures from perhaps the experts or the Government, the people you keep saying don't know what they are doing.

It appears you want your cake and eat it, all the freedom, and it's not your fault if you contract the virus and pass it on to somebody else, with that attitude it's no wonder as you put it exponentially it is out of control yet again worldwide.

That is why we did not fly out to Tenerife on the 12th losing money, we will not be going to the property we have paid for 3 months, again losing money, our health and also that of others is very important to us and not moaning about sitting with only a couple of people at a restaurant.

I wonder who you would blame if you ever caught the virus, you can't blame the experts or the UK Government, your not here.