Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: Oasis  (Read 1087 times)

Offline Mary

Oasis
« on: August 31, 2020 »
Advertisement
Sorry to hear that Oasis is closing, itís sad but if there are no tourists than itís difficult to see how it could continue. Weíve spent many happy hours there, hopefully eventually it may manage to become viable again.

Offline janey

Re: Oasis
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020 »
thats very sad - is it closing permanently or just until the tourists return?

Offline blarer

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2020 »
Permanent.

Offline Tanemera

• Juan Tanemera
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2020 »
I did hear that ownership was changing but this is much worse.  My granddaughter will miss it.  So will my Mrs T and I.

Offline hadarusu

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2020 »
So sorry to hear that Oasis has closed it is a tragedy, let us hope it opens up again under new ownership when things get better, which they will. Los Gigantes is a wonderful place and wonderful people in it to. So proud to own an apartment in lovely Los Gigantes.

Offline VictorM

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2020 »
The Oasis has NOT closed for good - only until life make it economically viable to re-open. Not everything you glean from Facebook etc is true - much is Fake News!

Offline Davymar

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2020 »
Yes you are right Victor, I saw on a Spanish language site saying exactly the same as you, problem was, i could not remember where i saw it! People should stop and check before believing anything they read on facefook, there is more crap posted on there than anywhere else!

Offline Mary

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2020 »
 it was on another Tenerife site and was written by Jo Lamb who I believe is very well respected.
Unfortunately I’m hopeless with technology so am unable to show the original notice.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2020 by Mary »

Offline linda

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2020 »
Jo lamb added the new statement the next day which stated we are closing till tourism increases.Yes she is great for info .

Offline Mary

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2020 »
Thankyou Linda, the original post was By the oasis team was very definite that it was closing for good, the day after there was a new update saying it actually was until people came back.
Yes I agree she is brilliant with information and on the ball.

Offline Georgie

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2020 »
 Does jo lamb have any updates on restaurants or the parking  by pablado marinero please

Offline pilgrim

• Looking forward to better times
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2020 »
Saw an English group playing bowls in Oasis, so not completely closed. The sign does say closed till further notice!