Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: Travel Insurance  (Read 4240 times)

Offline nophead

Re: Travel Insurance
« Reply #90 on: October 20, 2020 »
Advertisement
We moved our flights booked with EasyJet to this Friday and return in March. They only offer insurance for 31 days. Doesn't look like it covers much at all.

Looks like we will be in Tier 3 soon, so time to jump ship.

Offline nophead

« Reply #91 on: October 20, 2020 »
Might be jumping from the frying pan into the fire as JA reports Spain are considering another national lockdown.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020 by nophead »

Offline linda

« Reply #92 on: October 20, 2020 »
Very unlikely

Offline angiebabes

• Old Hand
« Reply #93 on: October 20, 2020 »
Might be jumping from the frying pan into the fire as JA reports Spain are considering another national lockdown.

Exactly! Nothing can be ruled out in any country in these times. Iím waiting for December but who knows???.?

Offline nophead

« Reply #94 on: October 20, 2020 »
The only thing for certain is the weather will be better in Tenerife. Forecast here is rain for 10 days.

Offline angiebabes

• Old Hand
« Reply #95 on: October 20, 2020 »
The only thing for certain is the weather will be better in Tenerife. Forecast here is rain for 10 days.

No certainty there either Iím afraid - lots of rain, high winds and storm Barbara today in parts of TENERIFE!

Offline nophead

« Reply #96 on: October 21, 2020 »
Storm Barbara has moved on to the UK now bringing "four to six weeks' worth of rain in just a few days". I will happily swap rain every day for the foreseeable for the odd day of rain in Tenerife.

I think we saw about 5 days of rain in five months last year and three of those were just small showers. A couple of calimas though which caused us injuries and damage. They are worse than rain. We met an expat in Fuerteventura who said he would have to move back to the UK because the sand in the air was affecting his lungs.

Offline angiebabes

• Old Hand
« Reply #97 on: October 21, 2020 »
Storm Barbara has moved on to the UK now bringing "four to six weeks' worth of rain in just a few days". I will happily swap rain every day for the foreseeable for the odd day of rain in Tenerife.

I think we saw about 5 days of rain in five months last year and three of those were just small showers. A couple of calimas though which caused us injuries and damage. They are worse than rain. We met an expat in Fuerteventura who said he would have to move back to the UK because the sand in the air was affecting his lungs.

The calima on 22nd February this year was the worst for over forty years and left such dirty, red sand everywhere it took days to clear. Such was visibility and air quality it was virtually impossible to go out and the sky was literally red.

Yes, we spent ten months in TENERIFE and also had the intense heat in August making it impossible to walk until evening as it was uncomfortable especially wearing a mask in such heat during the daytime.

I can understand your wish to avoid the rain and cold. At the moment I have so enjoyed the autumn colours, the beautiful blue skies and the sight of golden sands with six cruise ships moored just off the coastline. No doubt as colder, wetter weather arrives I will be pining for warmer temperatures. Enjoy your winter in Tenerife.