Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: Restaurant openings  (Read 1202 times)

Offline Georgie

Restaurant openings
« on: July 01, 2020 »
Advertisement
Does anyone know if the bars and restaurants are now open and how are the restrictions going

Is the harbour club open please

Offline nophead

Re: Restaurant openings
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020 »
Yes the wine bar that serves food is open at the harbour club according to the Old Guy Rules on YouTube.

Offline nophead

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020 »
If you are going in October it is probably a too soon to be asking because everything could change between now and then. For the better, or the worse. If you look at how the world has changed in three months anything could happen in the next three.

We have flight booked for November but I have no idea if I will be going or not. I can't see the point if it is still masks and social distancing but my wife still wants to go.

Offline Georgie

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2020 »
Good point

I was asking just in case anyone was there

I will wait and thank you

Offline Dolly Diver

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2020 »
There are many bars and restaurants open now and you do not have to wear a mask while seated.  Tables are more spaced out now.  Masks are obligatory in places where you cannot social distance, eg. shops, public transport, but in a small village like Los Gigantes it is very easy to keep your distance whilst out walking or on the beach.  People keep their mask in their bag or pocket to use when needed.

As tourists are now starting to arrive each week more bars and restauants are opening up again.  There are many to choose from.

Offline Samijoe

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2020 »
Thatís really good to hear. Our September trip is seeming more likely to happen. Cannot wait to visit as many bars and restaurants as possible. Would love an earlier trip if reasonably priced flights are available after 15th July re- start date. Good luck to all business owners in LG.

Offline Georgie

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2020 »
Excellent news and thank you for the update

Cant wait

Offline angiebabes

• Old Hand
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2020 »
Havenít walked into Los Gigantes for a long time and what a wonderful job the council have done. The new pavements, bench areas and traffic system have improved the area considerably. Itís looking 100% better now. It was disappointing that with the pavements quite narrow only two people wore masks and most just stroll past you unable to maintain social distancing. Admittedly few people about and I guess like us, they feel safe, but can we try and keep it that way?

Offline Georgie

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2020 »
I hopefully can't wait for October but still worried about the flight

Offline pilgrim

• Looking forward to better times
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2020 »
Wondered if any of the brits working in and around LG have moved back to the UK, it must be very difficult to make a living since the lockdown and the very slow restart. Even here we were in a large Hotel last friday lunchtime, and were the only people there. The Chef, waiter and manager all came out to chat with us. People need to get out and start spending. Are any Spanish returning for their summer holidays this year.

Offline Georgie

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2020 »
I see from TripAdvisor that people are starting to post restaurant reviews in august

Chicken shack seems very popular but never been

The owner seems very good on the entertainment front

Offline angiebabes

• Old Hand
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2020 »
Dreadful shock that the Oasis is closing down. What a frightening sign of business in LG. So sad, such a lovely place and yet they canít make it pay due to COVID.

Offline blarer

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2020 »
I was also shocked to hear that, part of the fabric of Los Gigantes.

Offline linda

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2020 »
Wine bar only opening daytime Paddy's closing again . Simple Simon's not reopening.

Offline nophead

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2020 »
So sad. I don't think there will be any tourist venues left when we manage to get there. How can a business survive without customers for what is looking like at least a year?

All for something that is more like a cold than flu for the majority of the population and only fatal for 0.7% by the latest UK estimate. If the governments had done nothing 70% would get it and 0.7% of those would die, which would be 0.5% of the population when 1% die in a normal year. How does it make sense to ruin all the businesses, normal health care and kids education, etc?