Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: UK new tenerife  (Read 2244 times)

Offline pilgrim

• Looking forward to better times
UK new tenerife
« on: June 25, 2020 »
Advertisement
32% degrees in the south today. Beaches full, roads crazy. People on holiday having been furloughed, still      get paid (by goverment) just not allowed to do any work? Even if they are asked to, by their employer?
I find it embarrasing! that and spelling! Crazy!!! Younger now don't give a f   u   c  k, I am not getting the virus as to young they say! what is the point if these people don't behave and observe!
Have just reread this and seems perfect!  Darling bring another Dorada in!

Offline nophead

Re: UK new tenerife
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2020 »
The young around where I live have never observed social distancing. The local pub is closed but they still sit at the canal side tables and party with their own booze. Spoke to the landlady yesterday and she was fed up of clearing up after them.

Another pub down the canal was serving takeaway drinks from an outside bar yesterday. Their outside tables are stacked on top of each other to stop people using them so they just line the banks of the canal and drink there.

Mind you I don't blame them. Covid is no significant risk to them and they should never have locked down the under 45s. In fact they should just have advised the old and frail to isolate and let the young and the brave get on with it. That way the economy would have survived and the death toll stayed virtually the same.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020 by nophead »

Online angiebabes

• Old Hand
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2020 »
[quote author=nophead link=topic=7103.msg31854#msg31854 date=1593124707 there is no significant risk to them and they should never have locked down the under 45s. In fact they should just have advised the old and frail to isolate and let the young and the brave get on with it. That way the economy would have survived and the death toll stayed virtually the same.
[/quote]

Why do you deem it necessary to reiterate the above statement? We got the message when you first posted this assertive,personal statement. Your opinion is YOUR opinion. Youíve expressed it - ad infinitum - now please give it a rest. Give us some informative j formation, thatís what this forum is for.

Offline Davymar

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2020 »
32% degrees in the south today. Beaches full, roads crazy. People on holiday having been furloughed, still      get paid (by goverment) just not allowed to do any work? Even if they are asked to, by their employer?
I find it embarrasing! that and spelling! Crazy!!! Younger now don't give a f   u   c  k, I am not getting the virus as to young they say! what is the point if these people don't behave and observe!
Have just reread this and seems perfect!  Darling bring another Dorada in!

Fully agree with all the above! plus, kids cannot go back to school, but they are ok to run around supermarkets and they will be in the pubs as well next week! what is worrying, when people start to fly to holidays, you will be sharing the airport and plane with the knuckledraggers who crowded the beaches with no consideration for anyone else, i think a second wave will be on its way soon :(

Offline cs

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2020 »
Completely agree angiebabes thatís something Iíve thought for a while and youíve said it much more politely than Iíve been thinking - weíll said letís hope he/she takes heed

Offline nophead

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2020 »
It isn't my personal opinion. It is fact revealed by the mortality figures published by the ONS and frequently shown on the BBC website.

And the government have said when a vaccine is available they will offer it to the over 50s and the vulnerable.

So when people ask why the young ignore the rules, that is why. It is perfectly rational from their point of view.

Offline SandyLea

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2020 »
It's selfish of young people to risk passing it on to their nans and grandads.

Offline blarer

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2020 »
but it is your personal opinion Nophead, and that's all we ever get from you, time after time after time.

Offline nophead

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2020 »
But their nans and granddads are supposed to keep away from them and probably do because every day we see illegal raves, BLM demonstrations, etc, but the infections and deaths still go down. Why are there no big upsurges? Probably because they are mainly young and don't get seriously ill and don't mix with the old.

It is selfish for the old and retired to expect the young working people to lose their jobs, holidays and social life to extend the lives of the old.

Everybody should manage their own risk.  Yes if you get in a plane full of 200 random people and Covid has a prevalence of 1 in 2000 in the population there is 10% chance somebody on the plane will have it. A smaller chance you will sit close enough to them to catch it. If you are unlucky enough to catch it there is a small chance it will kill you. There is also a very small chance the plane will crash and due to the extra radiation you get at height a small chance you will get cancer.

I personally would take the risk and fly but other people are free to make their own risk assessment. When the pubs open I will go for a pub lunch to help keep them in business. Probably more risk the beer will kill me than covid.

Offline cs

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2020 »

Nophead, enough is enough, stop, donít you realise people have had enough, no matter how many people tell you in a polite way to shut up you continue to lecture us again and again and Iím amazed from all the comments that have been made you havenít realised so Iíll say it just shut up

Offline nophead

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2020 »
So fine for you lot to constantly express YOUR opinions of outrage and contempt for the younger generation and call them names but not fine for me to give my opinion of the situation based on scientific fact and logical reasoning as to the reason why they might do it and why it might not be a problem.

We bump into groups of young people every day when we take out walk for exercise and in the main they are courteous and polite and step aside to give us 2m clearance. So they are no danger to us and we live and let live.

And there is no point moaning about it as it is what it is. You have to decide if you want to risk flying with them or not.

Offline frogeddy

• Old Hand
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2020 »
Give it a rest nobhead ......

Offline nophead

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2020 »
Well if it has descended into calling people names, which this forums seems to do regularly, how about hypocritical coffin dodgers running scared on the truth?

Offline Georgie

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2020 »
Bit hot in essex tonight

But I think it will just start to rain

Miss abba girls in harbour club

Offline pilgrim

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2020 »
We need someone with intellect and the voice of reason and moderation to referee this link.
GEORGIE  WHERE ARE YOU FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline pilgrim

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2020 »
Your ahead of me as usual GEORGIE, seems we posted at the same time. Or most likely
GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE

(and fools seldom differ)

Great to have you and your giant WISDOM back.

THANK GOD!!!!

Offline nophead

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2020 »
From the PM himself:

"You may think you are not going to get it, that you're immortal and invincible and so on - and very likely that's true if you are young person. But the bug you carry can kill elderly people particularly. It is still dangerous; the virus is still out there."

Offline unhappy

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2020 »
I have aches & pains all over the place but I am glad I am a young 73 year old, my 8 year old granddaughter thinks I am funny & a little mad but seeing her & giving her a hug has been the best lockdown present yet.
This virus is a killer but you still have to live your life & try and enjoy it as much as you can.

Offline pilgrim

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2020 »
I agree!
With the nursery's being closed till a couple of weeks ago. Our daughter who is pregnant has been bringing our grandkids to us 3 days a week to help out. It was by the rules illegal, and did think that the police may turn up! because of all the noise we would make playing in the garden. We certainly have some great life long memories.
Our daughter is due to give berth at Kingston hospital in September, she has been told that unless the rules change she will have to give birth alone! Previously my wife and her hubby have been present at these difficult long labour births.
So if this rule remains we are at a loss of what to do.
I for sure do not want my daughter to be on her own!

Offline nophead

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2020 »
As it should be, people managing their own risk and balancing it against quality of life and not telling others what to do and criticising them if they choose more risk.

Offline unhappy

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2020 »
"Choosing more risk", if you mean the Idiots that cram themselves onto a beach or who engage in raves that is unacceptable & this Government & the police MUST take action to stop them, these are mainly the young people that you seem to imply have a right to do so because they are less likely to catch the virus.

Offline Georgie

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2020 »
It is cold in essex

And the lockdown should continue  until vaccination is found

The figuers are going up

Offline nophead

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2020 »
Going up where?

In the Canaries it has gone up because 3 boat loads of migrants from Africa imported 34 cases. In the UK it seems to be slowly going down.

Offline Georgie

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2020 »
Uk

Offline nophead

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2020 »
Today I see 890 new cases and 100 new deaths, which are the lowest Saturday figures since before the peak. Where are you seeing it is increasing?

Offline Georgie

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2020 »
Sorry I look at the government website

Offline nophead

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2020 »
I look at the graphs plotted from the government data here: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/

The graphs are always a day behind but the figures for the current day are shown as soon as they are released.

They say they get their data from here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public and that indeed says 890 cases and 100 deaths today. Pretty much each day is lower than the same day the week before, so far.

Is there a better government web site? I noticed when they used to do the daily briefings the graphs show the deaths on the day they happened instead of the day there were reported, which gets rid of the weekend distortion.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020 by nophead »

Offline pilgrim

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2020 »
Definitely there will 2nd spikes both hear and in Tenerife, and the authorities will have to have selective lock downs. I think this Virus could be with us for a long time, if not for ever!

Offline nophead

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2020 »
One would think so as the lock down hasn't changed anything. But it is also looking like the lock down won't be accepted much longer. Unless they draft in the army I think the police will lose control, they more or less have done already.

On the plus side people in hospital are dying at a much lower rate. It has gone from 6% a day to 1% a day and they don't know why. Similar patterns in Italy.

Offline Sangriaman

« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2020 »

On the plus side people in hospital are dying at a much lower rate. It has gone from 6% a day to 1% a day and they don't know why. Similar patterns in Italy.
[/quote]

Blah Blah Blah Blah,
 Here we go again , Mophead you seriously need to get yourself a new hobby !