Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: Virus  (Read 15863 times)

Offline nophead

Re: Virus
« Reply #270 on: May 29, 2020 »
Advertisement
An interesting observation is the graph of deaths in New York looks like London's and the graph of the rest of the US looks like the rest of the UK.

London and New York have much worse peaks but then come down much faster to a low level. I think perhaps they run out of susceptible people that are not well isolated. Perhaps this why all the lifting of lockdown doesn't seem to cause any increase in R despite nothing changing about the virus.

Offline unhappy

« Reply #271 on: May 29, 2020 »
So what you are saying you were only there a few days, so how can you judge the lock down ?. Also your Geography not very good Dinos is a hell of a lot closer to Lidl than Mercadona's.

You must watch a different news programme to me people are waiting over a week to get their test results & the Government have still not sorted out the supply of PPE & please don't give me a graph of how much is being used, I am sure those that need it but still can not get would also not be interested.

Your last post you must be on another planet they have NOT lifted the lockdown they have eased it, and again why do you think they still want you to keep 2Mt distance & limit how many people meet because they are scared if people do not the R rate will increase again & we will get a second wave

Offline nophead

« Reply #272 on: May 29, 2020 »
The nearest SuperDino for us is at the dagger roundabout at the top of the road with Mercadona on it and is our nearest shop.

According to JA you could only pass a smaller shop to go to a bigger supermarket, so we would have been limited to Mercadona unless it was closed. Not too bad but a lot more expensive than Lidl for most things. We normally shop in all three to get the best prices but get most stuff from Lidl.

Seems to be more a problem with local management than the government. I just got this add from a packaging company we used:

« Last Edit: May 29, 2020 by nophead »

Offline unhappy

« Reply #273 on: May 29, 2020 »
So not only are you passing Dinos & Mercadona to get to Lidl Its a good job you went home, you would have been up a creek without a paddle. Why don't you support the Spanish shops at least you get a smile & they are helpful

Have you ever thought of going to TF & not shopping around to save every cent after all did you not tell us you retired at 16 or some young age with plenty of dough.

Its a good job Costco have not opened there, but there is a Makro another place that offers great deals until you get inside, live a little, you wont spend all your money.

Offline nophead

« Reply #274 on: May 29, 2020 »
We do use all three but prefer the produce and prices at Lidl. They all have Spanish staff and I would say Mercedona are the least friendly and I don't like the smell of fish that pervades the entire shop. Fresh fish shouldn't smell and fish counter in our Tescos here didn't before they removed it.

I never look at prices but my wife hates waste, so she take note and compares them to get a bargain. Who knows how much money one will need in retirement, there could be a major disaster that ruins the economy in the 30 years we expected to be retired, oh there has already been one!

We can't live it up and spend much at the moment because nothing we would spend it on is open, so we are actually spending a lot less than normal. We would normally be at the Stockport Beer Festival around now.

Offline unhappy

« Reply #275 on: May 29, 2020 »
Good job they don't sell fish on that planet your on then, as for prices how do you know Mercadonas is more expensive than Lidl if you DON'T compare prices.

As for 30 years time, live for today, you might be one of those lucky people according to your graphs thats gets Covid 19 It will only be like getting into the Flu's death figures, God help the rest of us, I hope I never meet you in TF I might jump off one of the cliffs if I do

Offline nophead

« Reply #276 on: May 29, 2020 »
I take my wife's word for it that Lidl is cheaper for most things.

I think we will all get it eventually, just like flu. I had that when I was 20 and it was pretty bad, couldn't get out of bed, which was a bit embarrassing as I was in student halls and the term ended. The cleaners wanted to clean the room!

Offline nophead

« Reply #277 on: May 29, 2020 »
Oh and remember the governments death figures are people that died after a positive test for covid19. It doesn't matter what actually killed them. I would think that anybody admitted to hospital now would be tested to decide whether they needed to go on a red ward. In which case the figure could be quite misleading.

An interesting number would be how many deaths of healthy lean people. I think it would be very small.

The only person I know that has died from Covid 19 was very frail and not expected to live long anyway. On the other hand a relative died in March at 55 from something unrelated and was only diagnosed in December. He was seemingly healthy last summer when I last saw him. Nobody expected he would soon be dead. There are far more people dying not of covid19 than actually because of it.

Offline unhappy

« Reply #278 on: May 30, 2020 »
Pilgrim, Please do not say my glass is half empty again, I think Mr penny pinching, doom & gloom deserves that handle

Offline pilgrim

• Looking forward to better times
« Reply #279 on: May 30, 2020 »
Unhappy, you would fall out with a saint!