Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: Corvid19 Graph  (Read 7092 times)

Offline VictorM

Re: Corvid19 Graph
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2020 »
Advertisement
Vick's First Defence is, in my view, brilliant.  Here, it is called Defensa Primera, and you must start the treatment 3 days before travel.

Offline unhappy

« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2020 »
angiebabes, It is not a matter of if I can afford it, which I can, the workers in the UK are on furlong & will get 80% of their income from the government.

The way airlines have behaved is disgusting with no airports or airspace closed there was no reason to stop flights so early the UK government never told them to just try & get home asap which we did only to get our flights cancelled, after all as you say & I agree with you that the UK did not & should have locked down like other countries.

We do feel safe here & the property we have rented is fantastic, but where we live in the UK & the loss of our son, we have nobody local to look after our home, this is our 4th month here & we need to get home also airlines were saying you can book a flight in May & then cancelling them or trebling the cost,  sounds like a rip off to me.

If people think this is going to be over in a few weeks or so, don't forget it has taken China a police state with total lockdown over 3 months to get to grips with Coronavirus & don't you think people there are still being infected.

Offline nophead

« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2020 »
I saw a UK minister today quoted as saying they would lift restrictions as soon as the NHS had enough intensive care beds free. I.e. they accept the population needs to get it but in a controlled way where the health service can cope.

They can't keep everything locked down for years. Even when infection rates are reduced below one the number of people infected drops with a negative exponential, which takes to infinity to get to zero. In practice you only infect integer numbers of people so it will drop to zero in finite time but it would be years if you include the whole world.

As soon as restrictions are lifted R will become greater than one and it will exponentially flare up again. They either have to develop a vaccine and vaccinate everybody or they test everybody and remove those that have it. I just don't see how the economy can last that long with complete lock down.

How can Tenerife ever accept visitors from the rest of the world? The Netherlands doesn't even have a lockdown, they are going for herd immunity,  which I find amusing as most of our cows come for Friesland.

Offline linda

« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2020 »
Well we were due to fly back Sunday flight got cancelled.We had already decided to stay here where I feel safer till this is sorted .Food etc warm weather . Sensible people.

Offline unhappy

« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2020 »
nophead, the graphs were more interesting,

Linda I don't know how long you were thinking of staying but our flights for the 2nd of May have been cancelled again today, we have been given a new date from the 17th of June

Online pilgrim

• Looking forward to better times
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2020 »
850+ deaths here in UK today, am hoping that the peak will be this Easter weekend. I don't know why I am thinking that. Maybe just hoping for the best! It is still early days, but they think people who had the BCG injection at school are more immune. Still early days but the statistics are being crunched at the moment around the world! I think that with all the governments and world labs cracking it. It will be sorted, and like they found a cure for AIDS and eradicated Small Pox, they will get a vaccine for all the Corona/Avian virus.
Then any further breakout, will be history!
Unhappy, My glass is half full! some would call it positive thinking!!
My wife calls it the 'Alcohol', anyways almost perfect!!

Offline nophead

« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2020 »
About twice that number of largely the same group of people would normally die in a day.

The is an interesting graph on the BBC website that shows the chance of dying when infected with corona virus at each age is almost exactly the same as the chance of dying in any year. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52197594

For example 10% of 80 year olds die every year and if an 80 year old catches covid19 there is a 10% chance of them dying.

The graphs track each other down to about mid 20s where the chance of dying from covid19 after catching it becomes much less than the chance of dying in a normal year.

I wish politicians could have some perspective and make rational decisions.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020 by nophead »

Online pilgrim

« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2020 »
I agree!
Boris and this administration are basically libertarians, the last thing they want is to put restrictions on society. If the NHS, Morticians, and grave yards had unlimited capacity, there would be no diktat. And the virus would be allowed to infect whoever. I have no doubt about it! Trump in the States would be the same!

Offline nophead

« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2020 »
Some better information and graphs here: https://grafcan1.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/156eddd4d6fa4ff1987468d1fd70efb6

Only 9 cases in the whole of the Santiago del Teide region!

Most of the dead in the Canaries are men over 70 and women over 80, 71%.

Offline Georgie

« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2020 »
Happy Easter everyone and good health

On a personal note my hair clippers arrived from Amazon  and it's the first time I have cut my own hair

Offline nophead

« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2020 »
I tried to buy some in the UK but they are out of stock everywhere just like everything else you might need to stay at home more. It seems supply chains can't even cope with a doubling of demand for anything.

I will try to print a 3D adaptor for my razor to raise the beard trimmer to the appropriate height for a number five cut and have a go myself. Might be a bit slow as it isn't anyway near as big as a barber's one and it might not cope.

Online pilgrim

« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2020 »
I needed a haircut in Tenerife, but Monica wasn't available. Didn't trust the big fella, as he used to pull pints in the bars! So my hair needed cutting when we arrived back. Just getting round to it when the lockdown came in! Have decided to let it grow! midlife crisis (late 50's) and all that. Might even go the whole hog and visit a tattooist when this is all over! They say the world is going to be a different place! so may fit in nicely!

Offline nophead

« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2020 »
I am also in my late 50's but I think calling that mid life is a bit optimistic!

Online pilgrim

« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2020 »
Well! I was 100% kid till I was 30. Now still 25%. So they say 50 is the new 30! so 60 must be the new 40!
Less the kid in me. I would guess my age as about 37.

Online pilgrim

« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2020 »
Dream on.... Pilgrim!
Yeh haa.
But I can still do it twice a night!!

Offline nophead

« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2020 »
When I asked Google how long I would live, so as to know how much to draw from my pension, it said 81, so well past half way to that!

Offline VictorM

« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2020 »
Pilgrim - Referencing your comments re haircuts, I must defend the 'big bloke who pulled pints`. He is a damned good hairdresser and does three days - unfortunately he gets very booked-up in the winter months, so I have to book a month ahead.  Not everyone can please all the people all the time.

Offline losjack

• Old Hand
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2020 »
Pilgrim, twice a night? Sometimes I can go all night without a pee

Offline nophead

« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2020 »
The new cases in the Canaries seems to be rocketing this week. It has gone up 150 in three days. If you multiply by 33 to account for the difference in population that is far worse than the UK, and a couple of people have died after none since June.

I don't know if it is lots of boat people again or it is just following the rest of Spain.

Offline Georgie

« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2020 »
That is not good news

My October visit looks doomed

Offline Georgie

« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2020 »
Did the data reveal any patterns like

Smokers
Fat people
Arsenal supporters
People living south of the river
Anyone with 1 leg

Sorry bit pi@@@#$ off not coming out

Offline unhappy

« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2020 »
Boat people ? somebody on this site moaned about 15 turning up on Playa Chico beach, we are getting 100,s daily.

It is about time we forced the French to stop them, without US giving them some more money, or got the EU to act as one of their members is breaking International law.

If that does not work, do what the Aussies do, a detention centre for a night & then on a plane home the next day, 90% of them are economic migrants only anyway.

Offline Georgie

« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2020 »
 Agree but there are no flights x

Online pilgrim

« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2020 »
The Bromsgrove Hilton is being used to contain 140 migrant boat people. 3 meals a day and 60 a week in cash! They have been moaning because, they thought they would be in London! and that this "Hilton" does not have air conditioning!! You could'nt make it up!

Offline Georgie

« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2020 »
What I don't understand is why are we not returning boat people to france straight away rather than processing them

Madness

Offline nophead

« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2020 »
And now the new cases is 100 per day and the graph looks exactly like it did on the 25th of March and the government's response is compulsory masks in all public spaces.

I don't think I will be coming in Nov if they don't drop the masks unless we end up also having to wear them in the UK by then. So far still haven't needed to wear one.

Offline LucyW

« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2020 »
Yes, and everything was under control until the borders were re-opened and the tourists returned, mainly from the UK with a blase attitude.

Offline nophead

« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2020 »
Yes if you kept your borders closed and maintained social distancing it would still be a couple of cases a day but your economy needs tourism.

This is why the lockdown was completely pointless. The situation is back to square one where a few tourists brought it over in February That was always going to be the case as soon as tourists came back.  The lockdown didn't change anything except delay the inevitable at huge cost. And this was predicted at the start by experts that said you can't lock down for long enough for a vaccine to be developed because the economy can't take it and they also said people would stop complying. How right they were.

Offline LucyW

« Reply #58 on: August 13, 2020 »
People's lives are more important than the economy. The economy can always recover, dead folk can't.

Offline Cartman

« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2020 »