Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: Virus  (Read 17951 times)

Offline Tanemera

• Juan Tanemera
Re: Virus
« Reply #120 on: April 23, 2020 »
Advertisement
Same problem for us.  Flight cancelled by Ryanair despite them allowing me to check in the day before.  Jet2 got us home, although they did that dirty trick of increasing the price substantially just as I entered my credit card details.  Received an offer of a full refund from Ryanair within 7 days, so accepted this.  Still waiting after 4 weeks, despite sending them a reminder (ignored).  So, I took it up with my card provider this morning and they sent me the forms to fill in.  I will let you know what happens.  Fingers crossed.

Offline unhappy

« Reply #121 on: April 23, 2020 »
Thanks Tanamera it will be interesting what the card company say

Offline pilgrim

• Looking forward to better times
« Reply #122 on: April 26, 2020 »
The news from Spain here in UK, is that children will be allowed out tomorrow for the first time since the lockdown (6 Weeks, maybe!). From what I have seen most children and people lived their live outside anyway. So must have been horrendous locked up 24/7. I think there should be some reckoning when this is all over. The Chinese if proven that they knew about the virus back in November/December 2019, and kept quiet, will have to pay toward the cost the west and the rest of the world has endured!
It is rather ironic, that out of the G7 nations the only capitol city not in lockdown is Beijing.
My mother god bless her (would have been 99 last Thursday), would say, " you can't shame, a shameless person" or in this case, let's say Country!

Offline Davymar

« Reply #123 on: April 26, 2020 »

Offline pilgrim

« Reply #124 on: April 26, 2020 »
Davymar, I don't think you are taking this seriously, or maybe you have reached Lockdown Madness!

Offline unhappy

« Reply #125 on: April 27, 2020 »
We have been in TOTAL LOCKDOWN for 6 weeks now and it has been extended to the 10th of May.

As for children being allowed out yes but the true facts are for 1 hour a day with 1 parent, max 100mt from their home that is easing lockdown, everything else is still in TOTAL LOCKDOWN

We are hoping to fly home to the UK on Saturday, the only thing that worries us is the constant moaning of people in the UK is about coming out of their limited lockdown, get real people this thing kills anybody.

Offline Davymar

« Reply #126 on: April 27, 2020 »
Davymar, I don't think you are taking this seriously, or maybe you have reached Lockdown Madness!
Sorry about that Pilgrim, I have never taken life very seriously, i am a glass half full person, i simply try to give people something to smile about, i thought it was quite funny ;D

Offline nophead

« Reply #127 on: April 27, 2020 »
Yes it will kill anybody but with almost exactly the same chance as living one year longer at any age, if you catch it. If you stay in and get your food delivered there is no chance but then you might as well be under house arrest for the rest of your days.

For about half the population it has no symptoms at all and most of the rest it is mild like a cold. Only a small percentage get seriously ill and need hospital treatment where chances are not that great because there is no treatment for it.

They think up to about 10 million may have had it in the UK already. Young people around me here completely ignore it. I see pelotons of bike riders that I am sure are not from the same household and I saw about 10 trials bikers pulling wheelies on the road where we take out walk.

There were a few police patrols early on but I think they are too busy breaking up house parties and stopping sun bathers now. They don't really have the numbers to enforce the type of semi lockdown we have here. If you see a group of youngsters they could be siblings or housemates but probably aren't and there is no requirement to carry ID.

So I wish people here would get real and realise it doesn't make sense to ruin all the economy to extend the lives of 1% of the population for an average of a year.

Offline Sangriaman

« Reply #128 on: April 27, 2020 »
Unhappy, you complain constantly about the ( TOTAL LOCKDOWN) in Tenerife as though you are the only person doing it ,Bit of a news flash here but the whole of Spain is as well . Sorry if that burst your bubble of self pity but didn’t you choose to stay in LG??? Maybe some kind sole can inform the FCO about your plight in Tenerife, who knows they may put on some sort of Repatriation Ceremony for you upon your return??? A medal , knighthood or the very least a Brass Band you never know. As for the constant moaning of the people in the UK ....I think a ten meter safe distancing space between them and you should be enough to save them from your constant whine .
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020 by Sangriaman »

Offline losgiganteskid

« Reply #129 on: April 27, 2020 »
I think there should be some reckoning when this is all over. The Chinese if proven that they knew about the virus back in November/December 2019, and kept quiet, will have to pay toward the cost the west and the rest of the world has endured!

Well, good luck with that one ! - although I do have an idea, lets pool our resources  and issue a County Court Summons in the Macclesfield County Court - that will sure scare the Sh1t out of them.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020 by losgiganteskid »
I wanted to be the Cincinnati Kid - but couldn't spell it

Offline el presidente

« Reply #130 on: April 27, 2020 »
Unhappy. I, and many members of this board, would be very interested in your flight details for Saturday 2nd May.
Thank you,
el presidente

pesatron

« Reply #131 on: April 27, 2020 »
Unhappy, you complain constantly about the ( TOTAL LOCKDOWN) in Tenerife as though you are the only person doing it ,Bit of a news flash here but the whole of Spain is as well . Sorry if that burst your bubble of self pity but didn’t you choose to stay in LG??? Maybe some kind sole can inform the FCO about your plight in Tenerife, who knows they may put on some sort of Repatriation Ceremony for you upon your return??? A medal , knighthood or the very least a Brass Band you never know. As for the constant moaning of the people in the UK ....I think a ten meter safe distancing space between them and you should be enough to save them from your constant whine .

Hear, hear 

Offline unhappy

« Reply #132 on: April 27, 2020 »
Sangriaman or moron, I don't know where you are posting from but let me put you silly comments straight the only reason we decided to stay was after 2 airlines took our money for flights and then cancelled them the first flight on the 20/03 way before any lockdowns, which we are still waiting for refunds from both.

The only alternative was to try and get a flight through Madrid at that time the worst affected city in Europe with Covid19 & tens of hours travelling, which you being an idiot would have more than probably caught if you are over here

As for MY moaning about THE REAL LOCKDOWN HERE, having had zoom and phone conversations with family & friends in the UK moaning about their Semi lockdown, like you they have no idea

You mention a brass band or a Knighthood, I don't want a medal it would spoil my tee shirt, that would be great, I am hoping to get back to the UK on Saturday that's if THIS flight is not cancelled also. At the moment my flight bill for one way tickets home is just over 1200.00 euro, my extra accommodation just over 1300.00 euro if you would like to contribute say 50% it would be most appreciated, that's if you can get your head from up your ass to sort it out

Don't bother trying to get in touch with D. Rabb or my local MP about my Knighthood, I already have about the plight of many "AT RISK" passengers left stranded here, neither has bothered to reply.

And distancing a 10 foot disinfected barge pole would all I need, to keep you away from me, I did not realise Rabies was in the UK.

Offline unhappy

« Reply #133 on: April 27, 2020 »
el presidente, we are hopefully flying with Wizz air, flight time not great depart 22.55 flying to Luton and then getting a taxi upto the Midlands.

looks like we have new member, moron, or peasartist not sure yet

Offline unhappy

« Reply #134 on: April 27, 2020 »
el presidente, for passengers down south I have heard that Iberia do a through flight from Tenerife North to Madrid onto  Heathrow about 6 hours not bad considering our Government were suggesting just after the lockdown flights via Madrid from 26 to 44 hours traveling hope this helps

Offline pilgrim

« Reply #135 on: April 27, 2020 »
Los gigantes kid, I have cruised on the Macclesfield Canal up to Bugs worth basin, from memory. Truly a canal to nowhere, but most scenic!
But was not aware the town was big enough to have a court house. Has it got a Chinese take away.

Unhappy, in your career CV, you mention your "providing a service second to none",
Guess that has all gone out of the window since your retirement, as your bedside manner appears short
of tact to say the least!

Offline nophead

« Reply #136 on: April 27, 2020 »
2 airlines took our money for flights and then cancelled them the first flight on the 20/03 way before any lockdowns

Lock down in LG started on 15th March, one day earlier than expected. Planes returned mid flight that day and our flight was cancelled. Our rescue flight was on 19th.

Offline unhappy

« Reply #137 on: April 27, 2020 »
Pilgrim, My service was second to none that's why when I politely told a Manager or even a Company MD that what my competitors were promising them was untrue, they believed me.

That's why in over 35 years I lost only 2 customers except the odd one that went bust and guess what, after they left, they both came back and spent even more money with my Company.

As for the morons who post and insult, me I have every right to reply, like you have many times.

Offline pilgrim

« Reply #138 on: April 27, 2020 »
Once this is all over I am going to renew the wedding vows with the wife. She deserves a new me, having put up with an idiot all these 38 years.
Planning a service in the catholic  church in LG plaza. But the week prior to that going to have a stag do in
Las Americas.  Wondered if a few of you would join me for this pre celebration, and an opportunity to maybe let our hair down, well for those that have some, I guess it will be really long by then.
And you unhappy, along with Georgie, nophead, sangriaman, davymar and a few others, I would like you to join me! Should be great fun, getting together , chatting, dancing, chatting up the tarts, debating etc..
I reckon we would all get along like a house on fire!
Maybe end up as all great friends, with fantastic respect for one another.
Yes, it would be truly magical, friends for life! Put back what's missing in each of us, kindness!

Offline el presidente

« Reply #139 on: April 27, 2020 »
unhappy
Please let me know how it goes.
Thanks
el presidente

Offline angiebabes

• Old Hand
« Reply #140 on: April 28, 2020 »

, I am hoping to get back to the UK on Saturday that's if THIS flight is not cancelled also.

No mention of whiz air flight for 2/5 on printout of available flights out of Tenerife Janet Anscombe posted in fb page.

Offline Sangriaman

« Reply #141 on: April 28, 2020 »
Unfortunately unhappy I do not give to online Beggars,,,But all is not lost for you and your Spanish tribulation!!!! Get yourself a piece of cardboard ,marker pen and tin cup .write out all the details of your Plight in LG on the cardboard and be sure to mention the TOTAL LOCKDOWN just in case nobody knows what you are on about and obviously use capital letters . 
When you finally get to the airport , take a seat on the floor with your cardboard and tin cup and watch the money roll in.
After all, nobody has had it as hard as you have ,
 You Pompous Oaf
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020 by Sangriaman »

Offline unhappy

« Reply #142 on: April 28, 2020 »
Moron, so you are not going to help an old man & his old dear out then, and you call me a pompous oaf, when the name fits wear it

Offline Georgie

« Reply #143 on: April 28, 2020 »
Pilgrim I am up for it

But can we finish the stag do around 9 please 👍🤣

Offline blarer

« Reply #144 on: April 28, 2020 »
Very interesting announcement by Pedro Sanchez this evening on how Spain plan to handle deescalation measures. No doubt the details will be up on Janet Anscombe's site soon. There's an  English translation on the Denia Connect Facebook page.

Offline pilgrim

« Reply #145 on: April 28, 2020 »
Georgie, am goner invite Sangriaman as well, he has attitude, we will need people like that in case there
is any trouble makers trying to join our stag, once they see all the fun we are having!
Can I ask why you want to finish at 9pm, as I am happy to arrange a small coach for transport. You would be silly to pay for a taxi back when it is all organised.

Offline Tanemera

• Juan Tanemera
« Reply #146 on: April 29, 2020 »
Following on from my 23 April post, I have received confirmation from my card provider that they are investigating my claim for a refund on our return flights cancelled by Ryanair, who still have not, illegally, refunded us.  There is also an interesting article in WHICH magazine this week....

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2020/04/ryanair-changes-cancellation-refund-policy-on-cash-and-vouchers-again/

Reading this I understand that I could possibly have made a claim for our replacement flights with Jet2.com.  Anyway, I will be satisfied with a refund of our Ryanair fares, even though this is less. 
Maybe if a lot of people who have been let down by Ryanair were to take it up with their card providers, there would be pressure on Ryanair to fulfill their legal obligations and dig into their 4 billion euro cash reserves.

pesatron

« Reply #147 on: April 29, 2020 »
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8208771/British-Airways-fly-50-dogs-cats-Cyprus-UK-abandoned-coronavirus.html

This is absolutely disgraceful when so many Brits are still stranded in Tenerife!!

Shame on you - BA & UK GOVERNMENT

Offline nophead

« Reply #148 on: April 29, 2020 »
Well it is was a cargo flight and they are still flying. Perhaps people should climb into a box and ship themselves.

I think the animals are in for a shock going from Cyprus climate to the UK.

Offline Dolly Diver

• Administrator
« Reply #149 on: April 29, 2020 »
Spain spells out its path to a "new normality" as Prime Minister announces four phases over the next six to eight weeks to end of June

Spain is expected to get back to a "new normality" by the end of June, Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez has just announced, with four separate phases and progress from "region to region" depending on the evolution of the coronavirus pandemic.
The Canary islands of La Gomera, El Hierro and La Graciosa, which have seen no deaths from COVID-19, are expected to lead the way with an earlier start to phase one next week rather than the May 11th for other regions provided they meet the criteria.
Mr. Sanchez, speaking at a press conference this evening to announce details of the de-escalation, says the process will be "gradual, asymmetric and coordinated" with each phase and each region analysed on a regular basis. He anticipates it will take six to eight weeks to get to the stage of a "new norm" where stringent health conditions and self-distancing will still be in force, together with limits on capacities, events, theatres and festivals, travel etc.
The current State of Emergency, in place until May 10th, will NOT be lifted and the Spanish Government will ask for a further extension of 15 days.
Phase zero, in which Spain is already in, will include preparations for the way ahead and has already seen the  "freedom of children" measure which allows boys and girls under the age of 14 to go out to play for an hour a day, with one parent and only up to a distance of one kilometre. Adults will be allowed out from this weekend on a rota basis, with details to be announced in the next few days,
Certain businesses will be allowed to open by appointments for customers from May 4th, such as restaurants with home delivery, but eating will not be allowed on the premises. People will also be able to carry out individual sport or training.
Phase one will allow the opening of some small businesses and the terraces of bars and restaurants with clear restrictions. Large shopping centres will be excluded in this phase to avoid crowds. Hotels and tourist accommodation will be able to reopen in this phase, but not their communal areas.Special timetables will be introduced for the over-65s in shops and businesses. Religious services will also be permitted with maximum capacity reduced to a third for church premises.
The use of masks on public transport “will be highly recommended.
Phase two will see the return of leisure and culture activities but with limited capacity in cinemas and theatres. Cultural shows of less than 50 people indoors or less than 400 outdoors will also be activated in this second phase. Restaurants will be able to open their interior space, again limited, and for table only service.
Schools will not reopen until September but places will be provided so children aged under six can attend classes if their parents have to go to work and to allow students to complete their university application processes and exams.
The third would be the "advanced phase" with more flexible mobility although always with the need to maintain security measures. More shops will also be allowed to open, with 50 per cent occupancy,
The fourth phase will be the "new normality" provided all the regions of Spain have passed the first three phases.
"Each phase will have a minimum duration in each territory of two weeks, so in mid-June we would already be in the entire territory in that new normality. On May 4 all territories will enter phase 0. On May 11 all the provinces that comply with the panel will go to phase 1 and then the Ministry of Health will evaluate the evolution in each province to continue taking steps, " said the Prime Minister.
He has urged everyone to comply with the regulations, saying: "This virus is highly contagious and if we want to recover spaces of freedom and relief we must protect ourselves and the citizens. This virus is killing, especially the elderly and people with pathologies. Let us not underestimate the risk we face and above all, let us show solidarity"
Mr. Sanchez committed to paying proper tribute to the victims of the coronavirus – officially 23,822, according to the latest figures – when the pandemic is defeated.