Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: Virus  (Read 17717 times)

Offline unhappy

Re: Virus
« Reply #180 on: May 01, 2020 »
Advertisement
Funnily I said the same about JA 10 years ago when she along with a certain est agnt & a lawyer formed a organisation to help those that had been fined for allegedly renting their apts.

The only problem was that the est agnt had sold a lot of the apts which he said could be rented, who were fined and the lawyer who she recommended, after myself and a few other owners who had been fined used him which cost us 4500.00 euro each, he then moved from his offices in San Eugenio above a shopping centre, to plush office suites in an very upmarket area of Adeje and when I meet him there he was dressed head to foot in Boss ataire. I know where my money along with others went, he was useless as a lawyer and when I pointed this out to JA I became the least flavor of the day for any of my posts.

Mary, when things hopefully get back to some semblance of normal, I would hate to recommend a company that may be no longer in business because of the prolonged lockdown, I know that they have had a lot of cancellations, as I would think a lot of other companies are in the same boat. If they survive I will give you their info   

Offline Mary

« Reply #181 on: May 01, 2020 »
It was SandyLea who was asking not me unhappy, we’ve been coming for almost 30yrs and rent the same apartment privately.

Offline pilgrim

• Looking forward to better times
« Reply #182 on: May 01, 2020 »
Being lectured to by a certain J Anscombe is a bit of a joke! I realised this when I found out she was a former teacher!! Yes miss haa ha!, thing is I have probably invested near to a million Euros in having a great deal of fun in in LG over the last twenty one years. Initially a an apartment and then a villa, I employ a gardener and have had extensive building works over the years. And we don't rent our home out! And the money to purchase it was hard won/work, with the capital gains at 28% on the properties I sold here in UK, to make it possible! So when these people like J A have spent £350k in tax, and help the locals along, then you can try to lecture. Grow up madam, be a genuine not fake person, we are all laughing at you!

Offline unhappy

« Reply #183 on: May 01, 2020 »
Just had our flight back to the UK tomorrow is confirmed, we have to do the distancing, wear masks during the flight & we will be given wipes for aboard.

We have organised a taxi to take us to TFS and when we arrive in Luton a taxi to take us north to the Midlands.

Our only problem, we are wondering if we are jumping out of the frying pan into the fire seeing some of the clowns behaviour back at home.

Pilgrim, me thinks you were one of those naughty boys at school, who were told like me, we would never make it in the big wide world, it sounds like they got that wrong as well.

Offline pilgrim

« Reply #184 on: May 01, 2020 »
Unhappy, lets hope your smiling tomorrow! Hope all goes ahead and your back with the wife! Hope she
doesn't become Unhappy! You have had like many a tough time. It is difficult here in outer London, but not to bad. Some people are not sensible, and in places like Brixton seem to carry on as normal, the police cannot enforce in normal times, never mind now! I need to travel there to sort out a problem, but will go on Sunday when it should be quiet. Basically if you are sensible, and have respect for your self and others you will behave as recommended! If not who knows! It is the individual's choice! Darwinism comes to mind!
Individual freedoms are hard fought, Magna carta etc.   In a few weeks they have nearly gone! Think about it.
Unhappy we have family in west midlands, Bromsgrove, we hear they are all doing well! and being sensible!
So you should be okay!

Offline nophead

« Reply #185 on: May 01, 2020 »
Glad to hear WizzAir are true to their word. I got ticked off by JA for quoting the BBC reporting they were resuming flights to Tenerife in May. Unless she has said it herself it can't be true.

I really can't see a problem in the UK. It makes no difference at all to me whether people observe the restrictions or not. It is probably better they don't and increase the heard immunity. None of my friends or relatives have had it so far.

I simply go for my daily walk with my wife and keep 2m from anybody we pass. Other than that we haven't needed to leave the house since lock down.

I can't see how you can catch anything walking past someone unless they cough in your face. Added to that so few people actually have it that it is very unlikely I would meet one very often anyway.

We have run out of red wine but getting some delivered on Monday. Currently drinking alcohol free wine with vodka added to turn it back into wine.

Offline unhappy

« Reply #186 on: May 02, 2020 »
Isn't it odd that the airlines back home are all crying into their beer, bemoaning their aircraft are grounded they are sacking staff and want loads of money from the Government, this when most of them are not refunding money for flights already booked and cancelled by them.

Yet an Hungarian airline with just a few tweeks to their safety protocol are flying from today.

And then yesterday I saw that crook O'Leary of Ryanair saying he was going to cut his salary by 50%, why only 50% he's done sod all to help the people he left stranded, If he gives the other 50% he can donate my flight money he has not returned to the fantastic nurses of the NHS.

Offline angiebabes

• Old Hand
« Reply #187 on: May 02, 2020 »
Isn't it odd that the airlines back home are all crying into their beer, bemoaning their aircraft are grounded they are sacking staff and want loads of money from the Government, this when most of them are not refunding money for flights already booked and cancelled by them.

Yet an Hungarian airline with just a few tweeks to their safety protocol are flying from today.

And then yesterday I saw that crook O'Leary of Ryanair saying he was going to cut his salary by 50%, why only 50% he's done sod all to help the people he left stranded, If he gives the other 50% he can donate my flight money he has not returned to the fantastic nurses of the NHS.

Sorry to alarm you but being widely reported that your flight today cancelled as indeed all WizzAir flights until June?

Offline pilgrim

« Reply #188 on: May 02, 2020 »
Friends in Menorca, who have been holed up like some of you fellas, have booked on the first flight out, which is May 9th! So would have thought that may be the date for re mobalisation generally for avation.

Offline nophead

« Reply #189 on: May 02, 2020 »
There is a TUI flight from Amsterdam just landing at TFS at the moment. I haven't seen TUI flying there for weeks.

WizzAir's website still shows W9 8130 as being on time.

Offline unhappy

« Reply #190 on: May 02, 2020 »
We have also heard that rumor, but if you check Luton airport a Wizz Air flight has just landed from Bucharest, so all their flights have not been cancelled until June, also it is listed to fly with boarding gates given

We assume they will use that aircraft to fly to TFS we may be wrong but until they notify me direct that it is cancelled we hopefully will be flying home today

Offline unhappy

« Reply #191 on: May 02, 2020 »
Sorry I ment Budapest.

Offline angiebabes

• Old Hand
« Reply #192 on: May 02, 2020 »
Praying for you unhappy, do let us know how you get on x

pesatron

« Reply #193 on: May 02, 2020 »
Praying for you unhappy, do let us know how you get on x

Hear, Hear! Good Luck Unhappy

Offline SandyLea

« Reply #194 on: May 02, 2020 »
Fingers crossed for you Unhappy.

Offline Pete

« Reply #195 on: May 02, 2020 »
British Embassy Madrid
Following our post on this page earlier this week, Wizz Air have now informed the Government that they have cancelled their flights from Tenerife to London Luton and do not expect to start running this service until June at the earliest. British Airways, Iberia and Vueling continue to operate flights to the UK via Barcelona and Madrid. These remain the most reliable flight options and we continue to post regular updates on this page. We very much regret the further disruption customers may suffer as a result of these cancellations.

Offline nophead

« Reply #196 on: May 02, 2020 »
Well the WizzAir flight W9 8130 status has just updated to cancelled. Unbelievable. Is that your flight number Unhappy?

Offline nophead

« Reply #197 on: May 02, 2020 »
And now it has changed to delayed one hour!

Offline AWOL

• Old Hand
« Reply #198 on: May 02, 2020 »
Its on the way and due in at 2055 at TFS.

Looking good.

AWOL

Offline unhappy

« Reply #199 on: May 02, 2020 »
Mad house calling here, Pilgrim my glass is starting to become half empty, as of this afternoon Wizz Air cancelled our flight, 40 mins later received another email stating changes in Government policy our flight will go ahead but a little delayed.

Have watched Luton airport & flight radar our flight left Luton at 18.01 en route to Tenerife so hopefully we will be on our way home tonight

Offline nophead

« Reply #200 on: May 02, 2020 »
Which government?

Offline Georgie

« Reply #201 on: May 02, 2020 »
Best of luck and thinking of you

Offline pilgrim

« Reply #202 on: May 02, 2020 »
Fingers crossed for you Unhappy, hope you get home, if all goes well, maybe change that "Call sign".
"Just about Happy" may be better!!

Offline Samijoe

« Reply #203 on: May 02, 2020 »
Hope you have a safe and uneventful journey home.

Offline nophead

« Reply #204 on: May 02, 2020 »
Looks like it tool off at 11:32, so the BBC were right and JA was wrong.

Offline Samijoe

« Reply #205 on: May 03, 2020 »
A very terse response from JA this morning.

Offline Tanemera

• Juan Tanemera
« Reply #206 on: May 03, 2020 »
I see what you mean, Samijoe.  Way over the top.  I have stopped looking at her web page since being scolded severely for politely requesting clarification on an ambiguous item concerning the Brexit issue.

Offline janey

« Reply #207 on: May 03, 2020 »
unhappy - we all need to know if you are back in sunny birmingham?

Offline nophead

« Reply #208 on: May 03, 2020 »
Since it only landed in Luton at 3.05 and then he had to get a taxi north I expect it will be a while before he surfaces.

Offline unhappy

« Reply #209 on: May 03, 2020 »
Hi everybody, I can now report from grey & cool Staffordshire YES we are home & can I thank Wizz Air for the fantastic job they did,

The flight was delayed about an hour but it was like going back in time, check in, one person in front of us to check in, security no up stairs & around, walked straight in departure lounge from check in.

There were no food halls or shops open only machines but we went prepared, flight called through passport control down one flight of stairs aircraft 30 mts away.

No old worn out one person steps to aircraft they were four abreast fully lit steps, we thought we were on a stairway to heaven.

The aircraft was a brand new airbus you could smell the newness inside, the crew were very polite and helpful, all the other airlines should take notice, it was like traveling in the old BOAC days.

They were not allowed to serve food but said just press your bell if you wanted a hot or cold drink, any body that thought of taking this flight and did not you did the wrong thing.

I did talk to one of the staff and said tell your bosses to start flying from the Midlands.

It is odd when all the airlines in the UK are moaning about aircraft stuck at airports, sacking staff, & expecting us like the banks to bail them out when things go a little wrong, but a Hungarian Green airline can do what they can not.

AGAIN WIZZ AIR THANK YOU FOR A FANTASTIC JOB