Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: Month rent in November?  (Read 925 times)

Offline Eddiewilliams

Month rent in November?
« on: January 26, 2020 »
Advertisement
Hi all. Do you or do you know anyone who will do a longer rental of 3-4 weeks starting from Monday 9th of November preferably till the 7th of December. I've been looking around , booking.com etc and wow!? Some of the prices.

My mother and step father are ex-pats. Lesley and tosh.Mummy dear works in bar bamboo. Just in case anybody knows them?

They used to have an apartment up the top next to mama lucia , can I think of the name right now!? Gone blank! Anyway they have now moved and only have a 1 bedroomed apartment by the harbour now. I suppose I could spend a week on the sofa bed , but I'd prefer my own space as I'm sure they would !

I work all through the tourism season here in th Uk and it finishes on the 8th November. It would be so good to finish for the season and then fly out to los gigantes the next day and know I'm going to be spending a whole month in one of my favourite places..in the world! I'd spend most of my days at the oasis on a sunlounger with a book and a pint colada! So having a pool is not really a priority.....oh and spend quality time with mother of course! Lol!

Thanks

Offline SandyLea

Re: Month rent in November?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2020 »

Offline unhappy

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2020 »
Only problem with them they are expensive they have a listing for a 2 bed apt  £ 2000.00 + a month in the same complex I am renting a 2 bed house with garage fantastic views cost 1500.00 euros everything included

Offline pilgrim

• Doing Good Works
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2020 »
Eddie, we are intrigued, you say you are in the "Tourism Industry" and it finishes on the 8th of November!
What part of the industry are you involved in!

Offline Eddiewilliams

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2020 »
Sanddyldea - thanks for the link , but again way too expensive.

Pilgrim- eh!?? Here in Blighty the holiday park season tends to finish around November....ok?

Offline Eddiewilliams

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2020 »
I was thinking around £800-£1000. Again pool not a necessity. Wishful thinking?

Offline Samijoe

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2020 »
Unhappy, am I correct in thinking you are referring to the new apartments around Mercadona ? I seem to remember an earlier post. We have three x 2 week holidays a year in LG , usually staying around Crab Island, but have been thinking about a longer stay this November. Would appreciate details of any agents or individuals renting out these properties.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020 by Samijoe »

Offline SandyLea

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2020 »
Have you tried El Sombrero? Jet2 have them or contact them direct - he charges about 45 Euros a night for a studio apartment.

Offline pilgrim

• Doing Good Works
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2020 »
Eddie, I can see why you are looking forward to coming out! You will need the break, after the long season!

Offline TimO

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2020 »
Hi Eddie,
 In reply to your enquiry in relation to you renting a place for 3-4 weeks in November and December might I draw your attention to the following websites. Tripadvisor, Vrbo, Airbnb and Homestogo. They have loads of apartments to rent for the time frame you're interested in. I had a look at an apartment in Puerto de Santiago on Airbnb and it worked out at being £839 for a rental of 4 weeks from Monday 09/11/2020 until Monday 07/12/2020. The apartment is only over in the next village to Los Gigantes and it's situated on the main road with a view looking over towards La Gomera. The apartment block where the apartment is situated is called the Santiago Beach Apartments.

My wife and I have stayed in a number of apartments in that block and also in blocks on either side of them, so, I would recommend them as a place to stay. Have a look at the websites I mentioned and then make your mind up which ones you'd be interested in and then once you've done so pay get in contact with the owner and pay a deposit to book it.

Offline Eddiewilliams

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2020 »
Pilgrim - The Only Super Seasonal Experience Reviewer ;)

Offline pilgrim

• Doing Good Works
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2020 »
Sorry Eddie, I think you have lost me!

Offline Samijoe

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2020 »
Hi, I am new to this site and posted a question on 29/1, but it is awaiting some intervention from a moderator for some reason. Could anyone advise please?

Offline Dolly Diver

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2020 »

Sorry Samijoe but your genuine question may have accidentally been deleted along with the dozens of spam postings we get on this site daily.  All new posts are hidden until approved.

Ask again

Offline Samijoe

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2020 »
Thank you, Dolly Diver. I am interested in whether anyone has details of how to rent the new apartments around Mercadona. I remember reading some postings about longer term rentals a few months ago. We holiday in LG at least three times a year, usually between 10 and 14 days, but are looking for a longer break in November. Normally stay around Crab Island. Like most members of this forum we love the village and canít imagine staying anywhere else on the island.

Offline pesatron

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2020 »
Only problem with them they are expensive they have a listing for a 2 bed apt  £ 2000.00 + a month in the same complex I am renting a 2 bed house with garage fantastic views cost 1500.00 euros everything included

But they do get all available English tv channels  ;D

Offline Samijoe

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2020 »
Would like to know more details of the house rental- is it through an agency or private? As for TV, not an issue for us as we donít watch any   ;)

Offline Georgie

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2020 »
Not a expert at all and I have reservation about it but should we buy and rent out so it is cheaper and you also get money in

Funny decision