Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: Anything new in the last 12 months  (Read 730 times)

Offline magsnmike

• Old Hand
Anything new in the last 12 months
« on: November 30, 2019 »
Advertisement
Getting ready for my annual pilgrimage to the hot rock.  Any new places to eat.  Any new entertainment venues to go to.  New acts at the venues.  Any top tips for Teide at Night?  Thank you x

Offline VictorM

Re: Anything new in the last 12 months
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2019 »
For Teide At Night, I have been told the place to book is via the internet shop in LG.

Offline pilgrim

• Looking forward to better times
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2019 »
Coming Monday we are on the Teide observatory tour. 90mins at 3pm, later one at 5pm. Also other days at 1pm. Chose 3pm as didn't want drive back in dark. There is a night one where you go by coach and have dinner, not same as us, but do get to look thru telescopes. Coach pick up and drop rather painful as living at end of coast here.

Offline AWOL

• Old Hand
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2019 »
I went last week on the TravelTenerife 85 night trip. Good value for money if you go with the flow and do the touristy bit as you get picked up and dropped back. If you  have seen many an LG sunset over La Gomera and been up to the plateau on Teide before a lot will not excite you and suggest you just go on the 2 hr night trip and meet them up there but of course getting there and back unless you have your own transport and are happy to drive back down in the dark then fine.

We were collected in a minibus at 5pm and driven up the mountain to watch the sunset with a glass of bubbly. Then the drive up and over down to Vilaflor where we  had a good local Tenerife meal at a bodega with wine tasting. We meet another small busload from Adeje there making about 30 persons in total. Left there at 8.30pm and driven upto a carpark near the Parador where the scientist's had set up the telescopes. We had a really interesting talk from one of the astro guys from the observatory nearby. Certainly knew his stuff. We then had ample opportunity to view the stars and galaxy's.

They give you thermal coats to wear as it is a bit chilly!!

I had never seen so many stars in my life. Fantastic opportunity.

Got tickets from La Mar Travel next to El Bandido P.S.

Left at 11pm and dropped off in LG at midnight. 7hrs for 85. A lot cheaper then a plumber.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019 by AWOL »