Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: New ten+ cards  (Read 1177 times)

Offline White Rose

• regular contributor
New ten+ cards
« on: November 07, 2019 »
Advertisement
Can I purchase a Ten+ card in Los Gigantes? I've looked on the Titsa site but haven't found that information. My understanding is that two people can use one card. You tell the driver two and tap it twice but it is only necessary to tap it once on leaving. Is that correct? Also does the balance show when you have tapped it to leave? If not how do you know what is left on the card?

On the Titsa site when checking fares it displays Cash Ticket and Season Ticket, would the Season Ticket fare be a similar discount to the ten+ ticket?  The Titsa site is very good but I must have missed the actual discount rate of the ten+. It might even be what the site is calling a Season Ticket.

Apologies for all the questions I just don't want to be the one causing chaos on the bus because I don't know how to use the card.

Thank you.

Offline SandyLea

Re: New ten+ cards
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2019 »
You can buy in Harrods (the supermarket at the junction where the the road splits)  in lg.  One card for two people is fine. Driver tells you when to tap card but it's only once even for two people. Tap once when you leave by the rear door and the screen you tap it on shows balance left.

Offline AWOL

• Old Hand
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019 »
Tha cards cost Ä2 and it is yours to keep. You can topup in the usual places upto Ä100. Best then to go online to Ten + website and register you and the card. Quite easy. You can then log on to your account and see your journeys and balance left. If you want to call into a main bus station you can further register it and then you can top it up online.

Also I think you can cancel it online if you lose it and have a big balance left on the card.

It is quicker for two people to have one each by the way also one is more independent and you do not need such a big credit. Best to split over a card each.

You can also change your mind if you want to get off at another stop then you told the driver as it only charges on/off.

AWOL

Offline White Rose

• regular contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2019 »
Thank you both very much. I'll not be nervous about using it now.  Thanks again.

Offline AWOL

• Old Hand
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2019 »
Presume you know about movil.titsa.com which is a sort of website app you can place on your "home screen" phone and when  logged into either wifi or mobile data you can use to see when the next bus is coming (or not as is sometimes the case).

Worth a play to see what you can get out of it. I use all the time. Use Enlish version as easier. Time tables for all their routes0 etc.

AWOL
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019 by AWOL »

Offline White Rose

• regular contributor
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2019 »
AWOL yes I have been on the site, it is brilliant. So informative.  I have to agree it will be most useful knowing when the bus will be arriving. The number of times we have been stood at the Alcala bus stop looking up the street hoping to see the bus coming then checking the timetable to make sure we read it correctly. I will definitely be using the site for arrival times.
Knowing the fares is extremely helpful too.  Wish our local bus web site was as informative as the Titsa one.
Thanks

Online angiebabes

• Old Hand
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2019 »
Awol - movil.titsa.com which is a sort of website app you can place on your "home screen" phone and when  logged into either wifi or mobile

How do you make it an app on your mobile please? I can access the website but canít save it to my home screen? Thanks,

Offline White Rose

• regular contributor
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2019 »
angiebabes, on my Samsung phone I open the web site, at the bottom on the  screen there  are 3 horizontal lines.  I press those and various options come up including add page to.....  I press that and have the option to save it to home page . It appears like any other icon.
Hope this helps.

Offline AWOL

• Old Hand
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2019 »
Yes that's the way to doit!

AWOL

Online angiebabes

• Old Hand
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2019 »
Sorry, I have the three horizontal lines which give option

Home
titsa
Your buses
Tenerife by bus
Customer service

Nothing else? I have iPhone 6

Offline White Rose

• regular contributor
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2019 »
On the iphone try tapping the share button instead of the lines. I think that's  the process  you have to use.
AWOL   you  sound  like Mr Punch   ha ha!

Online angiebabes

• Old Hand
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2019 »
Thanks a million White Rose! Done it! Xx

Offline White Rose

• regular contributor
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2019 »
You're  welcome. Pleased I could  help.

Offline AWOL

• Old Hand
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2019 »
As an aside to the Ten + I am here now and some of the bus routes have changed a bit. I use the buses all the time and  note that the buses that go up towards Santiago are starting the journey from a new depot/parking area near the Macadona supermarket near San Francisco. This means that they are going in a reverse rotation (if you know what I mean). They pass through the LG bus station as part of the journey so watch your times until you get used to them.

AWOL

Offline White Rose

• regular contributor
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2019 »
That explains it. I'd  looked at the timetable for the 325 which we've  caught many times before and thought it was different to as i remembered. 
Could  come in handy for returning with shopping from Mercadona if we time it right.  Love their Baileys type drink.  Hoping they still sell it.
Thanks for the info.