Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: local area  (Read 1498 times)

Online unhappy

local area
« on: October 15, 2019 »
Advertisement
Hi everybody,

Just returned after a couple of weeks over there and thought some new news might refresh the site.

Best joke I saw sorry Edward Bear was that there is a For Sale sign on the derelict building as you enter LG, I was going to offer 1.00 but then realized there is plenty of hardcore lying around and I would be wasting my money.

Also viewing the new pathway by Sansofe it could be finished by Christmas, and before you ask, don't be silly I mean Christmas 2021.

As for the new road layout in PLA what a waste of money.

And finally taking to a few restaurant owners that we have known for many years these are from the very cheap end to the most expensive ones, they are saying 2018 was not very good and 2019 has been even worse. We did notice how quite it was and the traffic was very light. 

Offline SandyLea

Re: local area
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2019 »
Has the Chinese over the road from el sombrero reopened?

Offline Foxy

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2019 »
Yes, now Bueno Gusto (or something like that), the Shoulder of Lamb special + bottle of wine for under 30 euro was excellent. I hope they survive the Thomas Cook impact on bookings at El Sombrero.

Offline SandyLea

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2019 »
Oh no! Too many restaurants in lg doing the same thing. La bodugita do the shoulder of lamb. Not surprised trade has been quiet.  Lg needs to up it's game to attract new holidaymakers and more authentic restaurants would help.

Parts of Puerto de la Cruz are being repaved too, to the detriment of some businesses there. All they're doing is getting rid of the quaint old cobbled streets and repaved. Why oh why?

Offline janey

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2019 »
they all do the same shoulder of lamb because they are all now ran by the same chinese people. its the same in ps.  dreadful. the all inclusive hotels once again are ruining the local infrastructure.

Offline SandyLea

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2019 »
Agreed Janey. We want more authentic Spanish restaurants and tapas bars in LG please.

Offline janey

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2019 »
Agreed Janey. We want more authentic Spanish restaurants and tapas bars in LG please.

so agree.... p.s.j. has lots of authentic Spanish restaurants etc.  why dont the Spanish open where we are or at least in ps which is more Spanish.  abundia is now closed in ps - is this complex Chinese owned as they are now running both restaurants on the top floor?

Online unhappy

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2019 »
No the building is owned Jochame who owns Pergola. He co owned Delmar but left the estate agency some years ago to build this building. It is one of the better restaurants in the area.

Offline linda

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2019 »
Definitely need more tapas restaurants in LG . Always go to Puerto de la Cruz for couple of nights.love the atmosphere

Offline will

• Old Hand
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2019 »
I believe the Chinese who opened up at the bus stop used to work at the Bodeguita , and has no connection but has copied their menu.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019 by will »

Offline VictorM

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2019 »
'Tapas' are snacks. Most, if not all, restaurants offer starters - choose one and you have a 'tapas'.  In LG Buganvilla, in the square, offers 'tapas', as does Bar 23 and also the Oasis.

Offline peridot

• Old Hand
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2019 »
I understand he has also worked at San Francisco in PS.