Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: Post Brexit  (Read 1420 times)

Offline will

• Old Hand
Post Brexit
« on: August 12, 2019 »
Advertisement
Am I understanding the Spain web site that states if there is a no deal brexit visitors will only be allowed 90 days in any 180 days.Also if you have visited in the previous 180 days this visit is taken from the the 90 day allowance.
Therefore a visa maybe necessary for longer periods,but I canít find details of the costing,and length of time it may be valid.

Offline blarer

Re: Post Brexit
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019 »
Good article about this on Janet Anscombe's web site.

Offline pilgrim

• Looking forward to better times
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019 »
Yes you are correct, maximum of 3 months, in any 6 month period.
So if you wanted to go to Spain for the winter, after 3 months you will need to fly home, then fly out again and you can stay a further 3 months. Then you would have to wait for 3 months before returning again.

Offline angiebabes

• Old Hand
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2019 »
The problem with SWALLOWS is most will be back in Tenerife for the winter BEFORE 31/10/2019, so does anyone know what happens if you are already in Tenerife prior to this date and have booked return tickets counting 183 days? Do you have to alter your flight home? Insurance implications if youíve taken out insurance for 183 days and flying home would negate the policy?

Offline pilgrim

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2019 »
I don't think it will ever happen!  If we leave on October 31 with a no deal (please please  god).

The EU will call a transition period so we can continue as before. The withdrawal agreement will be
re-opened and details thrashed out for future trading agreement.

Offline angiebabes

• Old Hand
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2019 »
And who would police 90 day maximum ? And how would the Tenerife economy cope given that tourism is their no 1 industry?

Offline TimO

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2019 »
Might I suggest that contributors to this site do a little genealogical investigation into whether they might have either an Irish granny or granddad and apply for an Irish passport then you would have no problems about visas and time limits then?

Offline blarer

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2019 »
I think the policing could be done from information on the passport at time of booking a flight or when your passport is scanned at check in or border control at each end of the journey.

Offline pilgrim

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2019 »
I do have Irish West Coast heritage. But have been so disappointed with your leader Leo, in the way he has treated the Parliament here, until recently when Boris called his bluff! That I am embarrassed by the actions of Eire! The UK has been very good to Ireland, since the creation of the free state. Even to the extent of your treasury being bailed for many Billions, so that your banks and economy could continue to function. I think you will find that the Germans or the French didn't put their hand in their pockets. We have friends who are no longer visiting Ireland, also a recent "Dublin Stag that I were due to go on was cancelled, and changed to Barcelona instead, where we had a great time". Eire is attached to Europe thru the Uk, and without us, will only end up the Northern "Greek" colony of Europe.

Offline unhappy

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2019 »
In the end it will come down to economy, in a previous post I said how bad tourism in Spain has been and with the hotel groups that hold a lot of power in the Government do you think they are going to stand by and let them cut off the hand that feeds them.

Offline TimO

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2019 »
I'm sorry, Pilgrim, but I need to take issue with what you stated in your reply. Boris didn't call Leo's bluff! Leo gave Boris a helping hand not the other way around! The DUP thought they were going to keep calling the shots, but they were the ones who got 'thrown under the bus' in the end and no bloody harm either!! Now under the revised deal NI has the best of both worlds, so, everybody wins??