Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: Playa arena  (Read 1783 times)

Offline Georgie

Playa arena
« on: July 08, 2019 »
Advertisement
What are the best restaurants in this area please

Offline blarer

• Old Hand
Re: Playa arena
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019 »
don't you mean "cheap restaurants " ?

Offline linda

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019 »
What do you like to eat Spanish or English. Tell me then will give recommendations as everyone different.

Offline cs

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2019 »
need a bit more information to answer that question

have you ever eaten in Playa Arena? if so where did you like and why? and where didn't you like and why?

when are you going? what's your budget? which days of the week do you want to eat out?

Offline magsnmike

• Old Hand
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2019 »
I love Legends, afternoon food always good. If you are going for the evening, still a great choice. Cocktails and great atmosphere.   Depends what you like tho.  Maybe give them a whirl and see what you think.

Offline unhappy

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2019 »
There are 2 very good restaurants around that area Flor del Drago in P/A and Martini at Varadaro not cheap but excellent food, too many flies at Legends.

Offline VictorM

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2019 »
Unhappy's suggestions are quite right but Flor Del Drago closed until about 22nd August for holidays.

Offline Georgie

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2019 »
Thank you for the positive feedback

Offline Georgie

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2019 »
The best value
The most expensive
The best view
The best food
The best local spainish food
You always go to
Have to pre book
Have a menu of the day

Offline unhappy

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2019 »
See my last post

Offline angiebabes

• regular contributor
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2019 »
The best value
The most expensive
The best view
The best food
The best local spainish food
You always go to
Have to pre book
Have a menu of the day

What do YOU class as value?
How do YOU class expensive?
What view do YOU want - sea, mountain, shops?
One manís meat is another manís poison
Local? Spanish? Local to where?
I go where I choose when I choose
Most restaurants ask you to book
Menu of the day advertised outside and varies depending on trade in some restaurants.

Offline blarer

• Old Hand
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2019 »
Love the reply Angie.

Offline pilgrim

• Doing Good Works
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2019 »
Angiebabes you seem as confused as Georgie, you two should get together and report back as critics to these many restaurants in the area. Definitely a match made by Gods work.

Offline angiebabes

• regular contributor
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2019 »
Angiebabes you seem as confused as Georgie, you two should get together and report back as critics to these many restaurants in the area. Definitely a match made by Gods work.

I think youíve missed my point entirely.

Offline cs

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2019 »
I didnít miss the point and I love the reply too Angiebabes. I never got a reply to my response which confirmed to me that the question was exactly what I thought it was.

Offline angiebabes

• regular contributor
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2019 »
I didnít miss the point and I love the reply too Angiebabes. I never got a reply to my response which confirmed to me that the question was exactly what I thought it was.

You and me both CS - thanks x

Offline Georgie

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2019 »
Angiebabes thank YOU for your response

It will certainly assist those who have never visited

Again it's not for me but future people to come and see what a lovely area it is

Maybe if they think the people are like some of you they might think twice

I have and just cancelled my October holiday and now going to Bulgaria xx

Offline will

• regular contributor
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2019 »
I will look forward to the comments after you have been to Bulgaria as I have never been.Its a pity as you may be missed  in October by your many followers on this site.

Offline pilgrim

• Doing Good Works
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2019 »
Georgie, it saddens me and no doubt many many more, who will miss your Senior member sage advice on this forum. Please Georgie we ask you to reconsider, forget visiting Bulgaria, and come back to LG!

Offline Georgie

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2019 »
It is now cancelled in LG and booked for Bulgaria

Having considered some lovely post I have just booked el sombrero for March

We must all meet up and discuss our texting skills and what makes us angry now and again

Offline pilgrim

• Doing Good Works
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2019 »
On reflection, you have made a wise choice. Los G at the moment is a disgrace, and I say this with a heavy
heart. The building works are dragging on in a slow deliberate way. Being held back it seams because the monies to pay/complete are not available at the moment with the council (so I have been told! true or maybe not!) Please draw your own conclusions. The whole village is a nightmare, with no end in sight. Parking already poor, is now disgusting, as more than 60 parking spaces have been taken away. Resturants and shops are suffering as visitors do not return, and the passing tourists exploring the area just drive off elsewhere. Terrible. I can't imagine that it will be finished for March next year. So if Bulgaria is okay, you may want to return there while this s##t show is still going on.

Never mind the Masca trail!!!!!

Offline Edward Bear

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2019 »
pilgrim, you are certainly doing Dogs work you are pooing all over the site !

Offline SandyLea

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2019 »
Well. I agree with Pilgrim. That's why we've booked Puerto de la Cruz for October and Montenegro for May.  Our visit to LG in April was blighted by the works everywhere and we're fed up with the oh so basic standard of el sombrero.

Offline Edward Bear

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2019 »
Anywhere there are major improvements there will be disruption for a while. I don't think that you can compare the resources of Santiago del Teide with some of the larger councils in UK. Just saying.

Offline unhappy

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2019 »
Edward, the problem is that everything this council starts it seems to take forever to complete the cliff fall on the beach, the church square, we used our friends apt in Sansofe over Christmas & the New Year we watched the men doing the new daft coastal path you could have built half the M1 and they have not finished yet along with the road works in LG, for god's sake how long does it take to lay a pipe.

Why they have gone to the cost of planting new palms go around PS they are all dead and an easy way to get a broken ankle, they have never heard of HSE otherwise thing would never get finished.

Offline Edward Bear

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2019 »
Maybe third world syndrome unhappy. It's the lifestyle, no urgency. Tomorrow starts at midnight.

Offline unhappy

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2019 »
I understand that Edward, but when you are surrounded by chaos & uncertainty Tomorrow will never come.

Even in chaos you do need some organization or there is no lifestyle

Offline pilgrim

• Doing Good Works
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2019 »
I agree, there is no logic to the priorities of the works.
They should spend resourses sorting the parking out first. I seem to remember a meeting many years ago, where the very good idea of creating over a hundred + parking spaces in the barancher between Crab Island and LG. A great idea with steps leading up to the loop road opposite the Bamboo Bar.
People are fickle, we have friends who will not visit us because of the parking issues, now even worse during the prolonged building! Have also met people on the plane going home, who said they would never return to Tenerife, as it rained on 3 days and cloudy the other 2. I explained that statistically they were unlucky for that time of year, but they wouldn't have it.
If the local council works department head, had sown up pockets, and he was advised by a tourism expert, things would be much improved I imagine.

Offline SandyLea

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2019 »
They shouldn't be doing the works in LG at the same time s the road being dug up in playa de la arena and Puerto Santiago.