Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: Is this website dying  (Read 3081 times)

Offline Georgie

Is this website dying
« on: April 30, 2019 »
Advertisement
Come on post items

This website introduced me to los gigantes many years ago

Please post any updates

Offline magsnmike

• Old Hand
Re: Is this website dying
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2019 »
Unfortunately it is.  It used to be a great source of information in years gone by and something that I personally relied upon for news and info about the place.  Facebook has replaced it with a day to day event of what is happening.  It was at the forefront of info etc., and I am glad that losgigantes.com was available.  Thanks to everyone that set this up and in in 15 years maybe more. You have been amazing.  I think it wil survive as a diary system between long and trusted friends, provided the administrators can do this.

Offline blarer

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2019 »
as the last posting on the News/Weather section of the site was on 23 March 2013 I would think it hasn't been very well for a few years. As a previous post said it once was a very good informative website. Sadly not anymore.

Offline Georgie

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2019 »
Then we need to deal with it and make it more informative

Keep it personal with real facts

Facebook is great but not informative in my view

Offline Davymar

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2019 »
At the risk of getting a load of flak, i will give you my opinion.
I presume the site is owned and run by Dolly, she has given her time and effort, but also has a life of her own to run.
what might help is to appoint someone who lives there as a moderator, they could share the workload and provide updates for news events, local politics etc, of course the choice would be up to Dolly,  just a though, what do you think?   

Offline Georgie

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2019 »
That is an excellent idea

Also does the website have the facility to e mail members to remind them we are still here

Offline cs

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2019 »
if I want to know do something Iíll ask if I can answer someone elseís question I will, so if Iíve got nothing to ask or canít provide an answers I might not post for months but I havenít gone away or forgotten and  I donít want or need be emailed to be reminded

Online frogeddy

• Old Hand
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2019 »
Think I can agree with that cs ......

Online pilgrim

• Looking forward to better times
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2019 »
I think it's a generation thing. And the generation on here are getting fewer and fewer!

Offline linda

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2019 »
I look at it daily and respond when relevant . One thing that there is a lacking of  is updates on events.Though Santiago del Teide not to to advanced in telling people

Offline Edward Bear

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2019 »
Just a thought but is not the fun of going on holiday finding things out for yourself. Speaking personally, just saying.

Offline Georgie

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2019 »
Edward I agree but it is good to get updates if you only go once or twice a year

I like the updates but agree with your post

Offline Sangriaman

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2019 »
Georgie ,I think you should step up ,,, you seem to be the font of all Los Gigantes knowledge.. you are the Future .This is your time to shine ,

Offline White Rose

• regular contributor
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2019 »
I believe this site started  going down hill when someone  kept asking stupid questions after stupid  questions.  I for  one got fed up and stopped looking as often. It had previously been a very good site.

Offline AWOL

• Old Hand
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2019 »
I had already thought about that and have been trying really hard to refrain from mentionng it but I am inclined to agree.

AWOL

Offline Georgie

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2019 »
I agree and it might be part my fault

Can you help out then and post some good questions with good facts

Offline Edward Bear

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2019 »
Georgie, that is jolly decent of you to admit it.

Offline Georgie

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2019 »
No one has posted from 25th July

How sad

Offline Edward Bear

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2019 »
georgie, look in the mirror and you will find the answer.

Offline losjack

• Old Hand
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2019 »
I don't open the page if the last post is by Georgie

Offline Georgie

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2019 »
 :Dyou don't need to open the page just look at the statistics for views and posts

Simple really

Should be informed and to help visitors

Offline Georgie

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2019 »
15 views today

Well done some of you

Any los gigantes updates please

Offline Edward Bear

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2019 »
georgie, you will not need updates until just before you arrive. Whenever that is.

Offline unhappy

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2019 »
Well said Edward, Georgie you have cancelled your visit so you won't be coming until next year so WHY do want to know NOW ???????

Offline angiebabes

• Old Hand
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2019 »
This post is under the banner IS THIS SITE DYING.

I have been a member on here for many years and used to find it extremely useful whilst enjoying Edward Bearís lovely witticisms.

These days every time I look and see GEORGIE has posted I grit my teeth before reading what he has written. It seems he is deliberately aiming to disrupt the forum, trying to get under the skin of other users - though some find him amusing I hasten to add - and in doing so is slowly destroying this site that Dolly has worked voluntarily to keep going for many years.

I am expressing my OWN opinion before anyone jumps down my throat. I am endorsing opinions expressed by a few others who are knowledgable about this geographic area, and therefore offer very useful advice and information and are a source of much help to me personally and I am sure, others who use this site.

As a result, I know myself and others have refrained from posting or replying with helpful information for some time.

Perhaps those of us like minded should form another group which is devoted to useful help and information, and let Georgie and his supporters enjoy this site?

I know there will be those who tell me to clear off if I donít like what I am seeing happen to this forum. So be it. That is precisely what I will do.

Offline janey

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2019 »
i agree with you angie.  i also cant stand reading his posts, he is just a troll i feel. 

Offline Mary

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2019 »
Hear hear Angie, I agree with you and Jamey. Itís such a shame because it was a lovely site, and I always found Mr Bear helpful and informative, and always a balanced view.
You know my feelings Angie about who Georgie really is and this person is clearly being inflammatory and provocative in the hope of getting a reaction,   heís obviously enjoying the responses and hiding behind his alter ego.
Of course there are some who will defend him and even encourage him, but then they would wouldnít they, after all if Georgie stops posting their sad little game will be over and they will need to find something else to amuse them.

Offline AWOL

• Old Hand
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2019 »
I hope the site does not decay any further due to (in my opinion)  "you know who's" constant drivel. I look at it every day in the vain hope that I can give a bit of advice. Not that I have been in the area for that long but I feel I am able to help sometimes. I spend the winter here. I am unable to help regards shops or restaurants as I have a phobia about the first and only go to restaurants infrequently. As I have stated before I like my balcony best.

I do notice that when I look at who is using the site names come up that in 4 years I have never seen ask a question or give an answer which seems odd. Only just a few of us are active!!!!

I do for my sins have a look at the Los Gigantes Facebook thingy but do not really enjoy looking at people eating food or drinking beer or for that matter painted fingure nails!!!!!!

Georgie to me is like a bad dream. Hopefully will fade away over time (hopefully sooner rather then later).

AWOL

Offline Edward Bear

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2019 »
Angiebabes, much as I enjoy your friendship I think that Dolly has worked to hard for too many years to just ditch this site. Possibly the answer maybe to send this Essex person to a city in the Midlands. Namely Coventry. By doing this he or she would have nothing to feed off. Also he might really like Eastern Europe.
Just a thought.

Offline AWOL

• Old Hand
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2019 »
I also think that some users of sites like this one and certainly the LG Facebook one are just too lazy to do a bit of basic research themselves before asking a question. I for one sometimes look at a question and think the answer is easily obtained so why bother to ask on a forum.

Saw one the other day asking what bus do I catch to Las Americas from LG!!!! Look at the Titsa website first. Another one was I am coming to LG on holiday what are the beaches like. Do people really go to a place without doing reseach?

Its hard for a site like this to hold its own as internet research has improved a great deal since this site was first setup I would suggest.IT'S NICE TO JUST CHAT SOMETIMES WITH LIKE MINDED PEOPLE.

AWOL