Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: Noise in LG  (Read 2126 times)

Offline unhappy

Noise in LG
« on: February 18, 2019 »
Advertisement
Just some information they have now started work on the new apts that a certain est agt has been flogging for a few years, but they now have a picker ripping the hillside apart above LG if you are going over there take your ear plugs with you.

Offline pilgrim

• Looking forward to better times
Re: Noise in LG
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2019 »
Am coming out this weekend, I was looking forward to some peace and quiet. Could you have a word
with them please!

Offline SandyLea

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2019 »
I think our holiday in 6 weeks time is going to be ruined.

Offline unhappy

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2019 »
Bring your ear plugs looks like they are digging out to the Royal Sun, we could just hear it in Sansofe in PS god knows what it is like in LG. Sorry about the bad news but it looks like it will be going on for some time.

Offline SandyLea

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2019 »
So many people's holidays are going to be ruined by this over the coming months.  I think Thomas Cook should contact us to warn us about this noise and offer alternative accommodation but where they would place people, I don't know, as nowhere is as cheap as El Sombrero and people would have to make up the difference in price. I hope Thomas Cook and TUI get lots of complaints about this noise and upheaval. 

I am glad we booked Puerto de la Cruz for October.

Offline linda

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2019 »
We are just up from sombrero and it's a slight noise not to much And not all day

Offline SandyLea

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2019 »
Ok Linda thank you. That's put my mind at rest a bit but there's still all the roads being dug up down by Tamara isn't there?  Just generally unsightly.

Offline losgiganteskid

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2019 »
They started digging out next to the Royal Sun in mid January.  They currently have two picker/diggers and another digger with a shovel filling the lorries that trundle backwards and forwards each day.  The dust is quite bad on some days when its a windy day although they should be hosing down with water where they excavate to try to contain the dust. 

They start 9.00am sharp and finish when the hooter goes at 6.00pm with a siesta during the day. The good news  (!) is that they don't dig out on either Sat or Sunday

My understanding is that from start (now) to finish of the apartments will take 4 years.

Like Unhappy says PR has been advertising the apartments for an age with the majority sold according to their window display - it now just says work commenced !!.  I would not wish to be staying at the Royal Sun for quite a period of time.
I wanted to be the Cincinnati Kid - but couldn't spell it

Offline SandyLea

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2019 »
This is very helpful Los gigantes kid. I think royal sun and the tour operators will get a lot of complaints.

Offline Pete

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2019 »
No problem at all on Calle el Pino, we can hardly hear it. It's not bad lower down in the village either You hear it more by the Harbour Club or further up the hill but it certainly isn't spoiling things for us.

Offline Georgie

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2019 »
Just looking at trip advisor for the el sombrero apartments

And unless they are deaf are saying it's quiet

If you work in London there is building work every where and perhaps you get used to it

Offline javars

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2019 »
Didn't feel that anywhere was overly noisy in the village or harbour area while we were there

Offline Davymar

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2019 »
At this very moment, we are staying on calle adelfa, near Tamara, any noise is near Tamara restaurant, not a problem at all, we can occasionally hear the Pecker up near Royal Sun, it has not bothered us in the slightest, Paraisio restaurant has probably suffered a lack of custom through the day because the work is opposite, but it is a crap restaurant in the evening anyway, with appalling service from staff who would nick your seat if you go for a pee, it is no great loss. :) 

Offline Jodie

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2019 »
So many people's holidays are going to be ruined by this over the coming months.  I think Thomas Cook should contact us to warn us about this noise and offer alternative accommodation but where they would place people, I don't know, as nowhere is as cheap as El Sombrero and people would have to make up the difference in price. I hope Thomas Cook and TUI get lots of complaints about this noise and upheaval. 

I am glad we booked Puerto de la Cruz for October.

No noise near el sombrero

Offline SandyLea

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2019 »
Well that's really good to hear Jodie. Only 3 weeks and we'll be there.

Offline Pete

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2019 »
 Been here 3 weeks now, hasn't bothered us at all