Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: Pickpockets  (Read 407 times)

Offline will

• regular contributor
Pickpockets
« on: February 10, 2019 »
Lately all I hear is news of more purses and handbags and jewellery stolen in this area,especially it seems in the two local supermarkets.I believe an apartment was broken into on Calle Pino and the safe forced from the wall.
Ar the local police aware of this and if so is there any action being taken?
Please visitors and residents be extra careful.

Offline Davymar

• Old Hand
Re: Pickpockets
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019 »
Can i ask you, where exactly did you hear this news, and which pad was broken into on calle Pino? What i mean is, was it here say from a mate in the pub, or is it factual?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019 by Davymar »

Offline will

• regular contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019 »
I was told a bathroom window was taken out and this was how they gained entry.The apartment is at the cliff end ,I think it is called Bella Vista or Buena Vista.This information came from a resident of the area.I also know two men personally who have had their watches stolen while out and about in the area.

Offline lesleygee

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019 »
An apartment was definitely broken into in Calle el Pino in January. I was staying at the apartments at the time. They went in through the bathroom window and did indeed remove the safe from rhe apartment.  Security cameras are being installed and the few bathroom that have windows at the gable end are having bars fitted.
Its a lovely apartment block with secure entry, we have been hping for a good few years now and it will not deter us. Happened on the 20th January if my memory serves me right.