Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: Cristal  (Read 2143 times)

Offline SandyLea

Cristal
« on: January 25, 2019 »
Advertisement
Is work actually under way on this new building, as Janet Anscombe's site says? Is the hideous eyesore shell of a building further along being demolished?

It says Cristal apartments going for 750,000 euros!! Does anyone think there will be a rush to buy?

Offline Pete

Re: Cristal
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2019 »
8 sold already according to Paul Ruane website

Offline SandyLea

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2019 »
That surprises me Pete. I wouldn't want the walk back up the hill all the time.

Offline VictorM

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2019 »
Has the work started?  You bet - very noisy yesterday. No sign any demolition, only of the cliff!

Offline pilgrim

• Doing Good Works
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2019 »
That will be the last bit of the village to be built on.
Developers will have to start looking for a new area.

Offline SandyLea

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2019 »
I wonder if we'll hear it in El Sombrero?

Offline pilgrim

• Doing Good Works
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2019 »
Yeh, you will do, but maybe the music from harbour club could drown it out.
But then again the beating drown from above maybe better, even more melodic,,,,,

Offline VictorM

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2019 »
Unfortunately, the Cristal noise can be heard on Crab Island as well as most of the area.  That does finish before the Harbour Club starts, though, so not any clashing of the varying sounds.

Offline Pete

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2019 »
There’s a similar development called Aqua suites planned for Av. Maritima next to the Jacaranda apartments

Offline SandyLea

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2019 »
This really isn't boding well for our holiday.

Offline Pete

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2019 »
I'll be over myself in 3 weeks time. Just have to accept building work goes on everywhere, holiday resort or not.

Offline SandyLea

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2019 »
Report back what it's like please Pete?

Offline Pete

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2019 »
You asked me to report back on the goings on Sandylea. We'll it's Monday to Friday for the jackhammers carving out the rock for the Cristal apartments. Personally we don't find it a problem but I suppose it's how close you are. There are also roadworks on the road to the Marina with traffic lights. They are digging up the roads in Puerto Santiago, looks like they are replacing drains. There are jackhammers going at Hotel Playa Arena, they are building where the waterfall was. Can't be much fun if your staying there. The walkway from Barcelo to Crab Island is nowhere near finished. Must have been a shock to residents of Sansofe.
The seafront at San Juan is being upgraded with the roadworks causing traffic to be routed one way.
But the weather's great and we're still having a great time 😁

Offline SandyLea

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2019 »
Blimey!  Why on earth is all of this going on at the same time? Madness.  Only four and a half weeks and we'll be there. Hope I'm not disappointed because all of this.

Offline AWOL

• Old Hand
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2019 »
You asked me to report back on the goings on Sandylea. We'll it's Monday to Friday for the jackhammers carving out the rock for the Cristal apartments. Personally we don't find it a problem but I suppose it's how close you are. There are also roadworks on the road to the Marina with traffic lights. They are digging up the roads in Puerto Santiago, looks like they are replacing drains. There are jackhammers going at Hotel Playa Arena, they are building where the waterfall was. Can't be much fun if your staying there. The walkway from Barcelo to Crab Island is nowhere near finished. Must have been a shock to residents of Sansofe.
The seafront at San Juan is being upgraded with the roadworks causing traffic to be routed one way.
But the weather's great and we're still having a great time 😁

You forgot the road pavement rebuilding and one way system between Varedero and Legends bar which has quite a long way to go yet at the speed of work and the road works rebuilding near the plaza at P Santiago by the Hiperdino.

Awol

Offline angiebabes

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2019 »
Don’t also forget the reinforcing of the walls to the football pitch at the back of Caesar Hotel, and the works ‘yard’ that’s been made by removing trees etc in the plaza next to Caesar Hotel, both sites causing much noise and dust.

Offline Pete

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2019 »
Maybe it's all being done before the EU money tap gets turned down after Brexit.

Offline AWOL

• Old Hand
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2019 »
And the little street by the church on the hill above P Santiago which is now closed off as they have built a WALL across it would you believe.

Awol

Offline unhappy

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2019 »
All this expense when the World is on the verge of a recession, according to the building notices on each project there are no EU funding details so the councils are paying for the works themselves.

All this when the Canaries had a drop in visitors last year, I might just buy another property when the prices drop,

As for the reported prices at PR Cristal, I viewed a local private 5 bed 3 en-suite villa with own pool 3 car parking with fantastic views it has been built to the highest standard just under a million pounds no competition and no fees 

Offline pilgrim

• Doing Good Works
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2019 »
Where was the villa!

Offline losgiganteskid

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2019 »
That surprises me Pete. I wouldn't want the walk back up the hill all the time.

Suppose anyone with three quarters of a million euros to spend can afford a taxi to and from the village, or a rather swish hire car - just hope they find somewhere to park !

I may make myself available to give them a piggy back up and down to the village if the price was right !! :D
I wanted to be the Cincinnati Kid - but couldn't spell it

Offline unhappy

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2019 »
Just some info on the road works in Valeadero because it is a one way system you can not catch the bus past the road that leads upto the LG hotel which is the way it now goes to Alcla & further. There are bus stops above the new Mercadona on the main road & one before the junction back into Valeadero.

If you are catching the bus back from PSW you catch it on the wrong side of the road just before the road works but make sure the bus has LG on the front or you will be heading up the motorway.

The villa is in PA and it is fabulous.

Offline Pete

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2019 »
Surely it can't be a bad thing that all this infrastructure is being upgraded and new projects are taking place. A bit of short term inconvenience should be worthwhile in the long term.
Good to see few new additions in the Marina, a Dino's minimarket has opened, the cheap jewellery store replaced be Ale-Hop selling all the novelty items you never knew you needed and El Rincon Dr Antonio Tapas closed but now replaced by Trattoria Maria Rosa.

Offline AWOL

• Old Hand
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2019 »
Totally agree but just think better to hit one job at a time rather then very few hands on lots of jobs like they seem to do🤔

AWOL

Offline linda

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2019 »
Don't forget the work by legends is not Santiago del Teide but arona

Offline VictorM

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2019 »
Linda - Legends is in Guia de Isora.  Arona is the other side of Playa de las Americas from Los Gigantes

Offline AWOL

• Old Hand
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2019 »
Legends is overlooking the beach at Playa la Arens above Angelos furniture shop. Well the one I drink at anyway.

Awol

Offline SandyLea

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2019 »
Trouble is the workmen are just sooooo slow.  When we go to Turkey, they build whole 5* star hotels in half the time it takes the Canarians to do something like just repave the square (badly).

Good to hear of new businesses in the marina although I will miss el rincon de Antonia.

Offline janey

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2019 »
the 'new residents' at christal will be very disappointed to hear of more shops selling 'novelty items' otherwise known as cheap rubbish in the harbour.  what is it with all these shops?  there is a big chinese warehouse selling this stuff in the old mercadona, and in the puerto santiago back streets.
not exactly upmarket shopping.

Offline pilgrim

• Doing Good Works
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2019 »
Just seen these apartments in Royal estate agents window in Los Christianos. It is saying 22, 2bed and 2 bath each has own infinity pool. Prices from 450.000 Euros!     so it seems they are 300,000 euros cheeper than here in LG!
You being truly minted Unhappy, maybe you could by a couple and turn them around for a quick profit.