Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: Building works near Arena Suites  (Read 547 times)

Offline debandgreg

Building works near Arena Suites
« on: January 14, 2019 »
We are due to come out on the 12th March and today got an e-mail from Jet2 saying that there are building works going on at the sports complex next door, involving diggers etc all day. Does anybody know how long this is likely to go on for, and whether it will be finished when we come out in March. Lots of bad reviews about the noise on trip advisor both for Arena Suites and Lagos de Cesar over the road.

Offline javars

Re: Building works near Arena Suites
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019 »
I'm not familiar with that area but if I had a holiday operator giving me a heads up about noise I would be asking to be moved  :)

Offline AWOL

• Old Hand
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019 »
When I passed mid December most of the drainage down the middle of road had been completed. It was furthest end of road from hotels. My guess would be that by mid March they be well on with laying new road and pavements however!

The football pitch wall is having new concrete walls built and they were also moving forwards.

I am back in Feb. If I remember I will give an update.

Awol

Offline el presidente

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2019 »
The board, at the Lagos de Cesar end of Calle Jose Gonzalez, states '6 months from September 2018'.
If I was staying in Hotel Lagos de Cesar or Arena Suites I would be a bit more concerned about the construction work that has started across the road, at the back of the hotel, on the previously waste ground.

Offline angiebabes

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2019 »
We live near the Arena Suites. There is noise from the football pitch wall reinforcement. It starts 8am mon- Friday, all day, adjacent to the Arena Suites and is noisy when breakers are working. There is further road work ongoing in the street in front of Arena Suites where new sewers are being fitted. This causes much noise and dust generated. Also the plaza near the Arena Suites, running the length of the Caesar Hotel, has had all trees removed and is being used as a working/storage area for all the work causing much noise with heavy duty machinery and producing dust. This work starts 7.30 mon to Friday.

Our advice, go somewhere else if you want peaceful, dustfree holiday!

Offline magsnmike

• Old Hand
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2019 »
If you continue with the holiday following the information given to you by Jet2 you have absolutely no come back once you are, no matter how bad it might be. 

Offline debandgreg

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2019 »
Thanks all for your help. We phoned Jet2 and they said the works are due to finish by the 18th but all of the diggers will be gone long before then and it will only be the new wall being finished off, so the only noise should be cement mixers not diggers