Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: New places to try  (Read 591 times)

Offline lesleygee

New places to try
« on: January 07, 2019 »
Happy new year everyone.  We like to try a few new places every year and on this years list is Am Eck and Bei Ewe - hope i've spelled it correctly, has anyone got any thoughts on either ? Also if anyone has had an exceptionally good meal your feedback would be appreciated.   In the past we've been to all the usual places; Abundia, Bodequita, Sauco, Alfonsos, (which we love), Fettucines, Tapas y mas Tapas, Antionos, 23, to name but a few.

Offline VictorM

Re: New places to try
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019 »
Both have a good reputation, though I haven't tried either.  Established for sometime in both cases, so, to me,  that speaks volumes.

Offline angiebabes

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019 »
Am El always a good meal, good service and value for money. bei uve excellent for steak but also try Juanito’s tapas bar for a superb fillet steak.

Offline lesleygee

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2019 »
Thats funny Ange wee passed Juanitas yesterday when going to that wee German bar for a beer, I'll add it to the list. Thanks guys for your input.

Offline javars

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019 »
Always enjoy the little Tapas place (Tas-K) on the road down to the beach

Offline lesleygee

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2019 »
Tas k is lovely we've just not ventured down there bevause of the roadworks this year.

Offline cs

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2019 »
We like Am Eck, not fancy and it’s good value and a good choice for a Tuesday meal when so many place are closed (they close on a Thursday), we love Flor Del Drago, we’ve been there many times and never been disappointed, 3 course set menu is 17.90, always walk past Bei Ewe and say we must go one day but never have so would be interested to hear what you think if you go

Offline lesleygee

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2019 »
CS, we love flor del drago, their attention to detail is second to none, we're off to casa pepe tonight but I'll be sure to post if we go to Bei Ewe.

Offline lesleygee

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2019 »
Never made it to casa pepe last night, ended up in Mamma Lucia's which was amazing, best focaccia ive ever had and the staff were very friendly, cant believe weve been coming here all this time and never tried it.

Offline linda

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2019 »
Casa Pepe's Saturday has there flamenco show.flor del drago very good.Be good when Asturias reopens end January I believe.