Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: Annual visit  (Read 514 times)

Offline TimO

Annual visit
« on: December 09, 2018 »
Just under 5 weeks before we arrive back in PdS on 11/01/2019. We're really looking forward to it at this stage with the miserable weather we've been having over here in Ireland over the past few weeks. We're just hoping that we don't get a repeat of the same type of weather we endured during early February of this year. The first 2 weeks we were here this year the weather was absolutely beautiful, but no sooner had the wife and family departed that same night we had rain and wind for most of the following week with a slight respite over the weekend and then once Sunday night came it was back to wind and rain with a few days respite for the last 3 days, before I returned home.

Has there been any bad weather yet or has it been sunshine and blue skies all the way, so far?

Anyway, may I wish everybody who contributes to the site a very Happy Christmas and a Prosperous New Year and Hope to bump into some of you during our time there. Feliz Navidad.

Offline AWOL

• Old Hand
Re: Annual visit
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018 »
Hi,

The wx was iffy beginning of November when we arrived and we had the mosr horrendous seas for a week with heavy rain. All over the news with 30ft waves washing balconies away on the north coast.

Since then the wx has been brilliant sunny and warm. Long may it continue however it could go pearshaped in 5 weeks time I hear :)

Awol

Offline Mary

• Old Hand
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018 »
Hi, TimO, personally we think the weather isnít quite as settled as it used to be, not just in Tenerife but everywhere generally. We usually come early new year for one of our breaks in LG, and it seems more unpredictable nowadays. However compared to the early darkness at home we prefer the extra hours of daylight and the additional warmth.
Some years itís not brilliant weather, but bearing in mind it is winter in Tenerife, itíll do !!

Offline Georgie

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018 »
Apart from today which was cloudy it has been beautiful all week around 26 to 28

The evening at this time of year has not been chilly at all

Have a lovely holiday

Offline frogeddy

• Old Hand
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2018 »
Thanks georgie....

Offline pilgrim

• Doing Gods Work
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2018 »
Regards the weather not being what it was some years ago.
I spoke to a local we know (in English), he is in his late 50's, and he thought the weather is the same as ever, and not getting any more rainy/cloudy days than he can remember.
Also if the weather was changing, wouldn't all the "climate change brigade" jump on it as an example of
Global warming.