Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: Catch-up TV  (Read 1942 times)

Offline losjack

• Old Hand
Catch-up TV
« on: October 29, 2018 »
Advertisement
Can someone please tell me the monthly cost of catch-up TV as an add-on to direct telecom rental? Also, is there an initial set up cost? Thanks

Offline VictorM

Re: Catch-up TV
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018 »
No initial set-up cost. Must be for minimum of one month. Cost in region of 10 Euros

Offline losjack

• Old Hand
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018 »
Thank you VM. Do you know how I can get it?

Offline cs

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2018 »
Just contact  Direct Telecom and ask them to add catch up to your contract

Offline losjack

• Old Hand
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2018 »
Thank you, CS

Offline losjack

• Old Hand
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2018 »
Now got catch-up!! To get from one programme to another I have to switch off the box altogether. Also uk radio cuts out after less than a minute. Are these problems normal? Maybe spoke to wrong person at Direct but didn't understand most of it. Any help out there?

Offline galeus

• regular contributor
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2018 »
No, that is not normal; we have the same service from DT and it works well.
Think you need to speak to them, problems can usually fixed over the phone.

Offline angiebabes

• Old Hand
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2018 »
We too were with Direct Telecom for years but have recently switched to HITS shop in Puerto Santiago. Excellent service, quick set up and fantastic choice, two week catch up and much less cost, including all sport,f1 etc. Brilliant.

squashplayer

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2018 »
Angiebabes could you elaborate please on the services you are getting from Hits in Santiago. I presume you have an internet connection already ?

Offline angiebabes

• Old Hand
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2018 »
Yes, we changed internet provider under this scheme and now have Moviestar complete with new router, which was fitted within two days. Once that was installed, I phoned Juan at HITS in P.S. and he came the same day, spent ten minutes fitting new ďboxĒ to tv and we were up and running. Heís popped out promptly twice, once due to my stupidity and once to update the box, which if Iíd followed his instruction in the first place and left the box switched on, he could have done remotely. As you can read, technology and me donít mix well! We now have excellent picture, loads of channels including sky sport and f1, sky movies, two week catch up and excellent broadband speed, although we didnít opt for fibre optic as our speed was already 10mb. Did away with landline, and we only have to make one suspension payment not pay monthly like with DT, so it works out cheaper than DT.  Hope that helps, but go and talk to Juan, heís knowledgeable, speaks English and not pushy.

Offline galeus

• regular contributor
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2018 »
Thanks for that, we are DT customers too and been considering the options including the NOW tv box, but this sounds interesting; can you tell us how much it costs pease.

Thanks Richard

Offline angiebabes

• Old Hand
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2018 »
I do apologise, but I canít remember so a guess is no good,and I canít check in my bank account at the moment, but it worked out cheaper than DT. DO go and talk to Juan at Hits, he can advise you far better than me and no obligation. Sorry.

Offline losgiganteskid

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2018 »
Does anyone know exactly where HITS office is in PS - is it on the hill opposite the beach ?
I wanted to be the Cincinnati Kid - but couldn't spell it

Offline angiebabes

• Old Hand
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2018 »
Hits shop is behind the medical centre and the play area,  close by the Congeladores shop on the corner