Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: on the Buses  (Read 2383 times)

Offline AWOL

• Old Hand
on the Buses
« on: October 26, 2018 »
Advertisement
Hopefully of interest to you all. Just picked this information up from another site and our buses are increasing its frequency from this Saturday with a change of route on the 477 so it seems.

Sorry about the Google translate.

AWOL

"Lines 477 and 473

These lines, which link Costa Adeje with Los Gigantes, will have a greater frequency since they will have exits every 30 minutes instead of every 40 minutes as they have been until now. Likewise, the 477 will have a more direct route that supposes a reduction of the time of estimated trip in about 20 minutes, thanks to that it will modify its route and it will circulate by the new route of Fonsalía.

For its part, the 473 will cover the stretch between Agua Dulce and Armeñime with more frequencies."

Offline Georgie

Re: on the Buses
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018 »
Any tips on the alcala bus route 're times

Very interesting place

Any tips on lunch tapas or fish please

gaz

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2018 »
Great place for fish is Bar Antonio in San Juan , the food is always fresh ,menu is on a white board fish one half ,meat the other half, get there early as they have limited supply each day

Offline AWOL

• Old Hand
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2018 »
What on earth has the price of fish got to do with revised bus times?

Offline unhappy

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2018 »
Georgie I believe you are stopping a couple of seconds from the bus stop in fact you could lean out of your apt and see if the bus is there.

You have said you have been coming to LG for years you must learn to get out more.

AWOL thanks for the informative post, we are arriving for 10 weeks mid December we will have a car from the airport for a week but then use the bus and taxis.

The fish question I don't think they would print my reply.

gaz please post on the correct food information page, don't worry Georgie will find it

gaz

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2018 »
He asked the question so I replied

Offline AWOL

• Old Hand
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2018 »
Actually a bit more info on the original post. I am here at the moment and slowly getting to grips with the revised routes. Due to road works outside Legends and the old Mercadona supermarket there is a one way system in operation through Playa La Arena as far as Am Eck restaurant from Varadero end.

As I see it all buses arrive as per normal and end up in LG station. All departure buses travel as far as Am Eck and then take the diversion up the hill past the 2 large hotels and rejoin the ring road at the roundabout by the new Mercodona supermarket and then turn right towards their route EXCEPT all the buses that go to Santiago del Teide direction. They leave the LG station as per normal but at the roundabout at the top of cardiac hill by Lidl they turn left and travel up the hill to rejoin the ring road at the top and then do a complete loop around the area clockwise before driving past Lidl and out again.

If any one can add to the above please feel free.

But I could be wrong!!!!! George could confirm as they are here too I understand.

AWOL

Offline Georgie

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2018 »
Sorry

We tend to get taxi s and not the bus

Interesting how a single post causes so much hatred when we are going through brexit
.please get a grip rather than silly criticism about a post

Offline AWOL

• Old Hand
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2018 »
Make your mind up. On post 621 you ask a question regards buses to Alcala and now you say you use taxis.

Anyway what has Brexit got to do with bus routes.

AWOL

Offline unhappy

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2018 »
Georgie, how can you say it's hatred if you want me to be nasty i can, but you did hit the nail on the head when you mentioned those words, "silly posts".

Ditto about Brexit ?

Offline Georgie

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2018 »
True and I give you that

But time moves on and I do not audit posts

Its like work on here

Offline Georgie

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2018 »
Also

You must know where you are going

Do you

LucyW

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2018 »
Talking of Brexit, I would like to pass a motion of no confidence in Georgie, think he/she is worse for this forum than the spammers, with all the idiotic immature posts. This used to be an informative site but it has now been dragged down to a chidish level with the silly posts and the reaction to them. I understand I need the support of another 47 members to force a secret ballot to remove him/her.

Offline Edward Bear

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2018 »
Count me in LucyW.

Offline el presidente

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2018 »
And me LucyW.
That's three of us!

Offline unhappy

« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2018 »
I have criticised Georgie on more than one occasion but a little unfair to ban him/her, what they need to do is when they are over there in December don't bother with the bus or taxis walk around the area and I meen LG,PS & PA find out where everything is then again we won't be bombarded with all your silly posts

Offline Edward Bear

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2018 »
unhappy, whilst I totally agree with your sentiment the downside of this would be more comments and questions about where and what he has found. I am sure that georgie is quite a nice peace loving person however get a hobby or better still a life.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018 by Edward Bear »

Offline Georgie

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2018 »
Thanks unhappy and everyone who posts their views

I do not want to be banned please

I just want to know what is the latest from like minded people that love LG

Earlier posts have suggested I am mad or a nutter

Sometimes a few him and tonics don't help

Again sorry to everyone but on one is stopping us coming to Such lovely part of the world

Good health and happy xmas

Offline Mary

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2018 »
Predictable

Offline TimO

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2018 »
Hi, I'd like to know if you can purchase the new Bus card at 'Harrods' like you could with the 'old' style ticket?

Offline AWOL

• Old Hand
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2018 »
I think they can be purchased from all the usual places. I get mine from a news agent in Playa Arena and they have a terminal. I have also topped up there to.

No difference really to before. Just remember to close the journey on bus exit. If you have a look at the little sceen as you do it you can see your balance remaining.

Seems a good system to me.

AWOL

EllenandRichard

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2018 »
Beware of Georgie - I pop on the forum just before Xmas every year to get an update on what's new and every year he/she hooks you in with supposedly genuine questions.  Too much time on their hands I think. A definite wind up merchant.  That's my only comment and I won't be drawn into a trolling match.

LucyW

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2018 »
Just a hunch, but I have a suspicion that the spam posts on this site could be the work of just one individual. It would be very interesting if the moderators could compare the IP/Mac address of these post with the IP/Mac address of maybe a regular posting member of this forum! Would be good to kill two birds with one stone, so to speak!

Offline Georgie

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2018 »
Funny really that a lot of message boards are saying los gigantes is lovely but when they stay there are a lot of old moaners

Surely this can't be