Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: Can anyone explain  (Read 1915 times)

gaz

Can anyone explain
« on: October 17, 2018 »
Advertisement
I brought this subject up before and sadly some people found it hard to believe, but having had visitors recently and having talked to a friend who spends a lot of time here and was able to confirm it to me ,the following establishments Paparazzi,Blarney Stone and Legends all in Playa La Arena operate a 3 price system. Yes a 3 price system, if you local or spend a number of months in area you pay 1.20 for a bottle of Red Top, if you less frequent visitor it 1.50 and if you a first time tourist it 2.00 . Other drinks are the same 3 price system ,now all these bars are operated by the same people and my friend who pays 1.20 says he finds it quite embarrassing but goes in because he only pays lowest price. Can anyone explain why these people operate this system and also do any other establishments rip off tourists like these , if so please name and shame.

LucyW

Re: Can anyone explain
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018 »
If you have an issue with these establishments why don't you challenge them? How could the staff know the residential status of all the customers? Me thinks you have had too many Red tops Gaz!!

Offline pilgrim

• Looking forward to better times
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018 »
We had something similar in Italy earlier this year.
I had a reccy of the town on my own, and settled in a bar for a drink, just on a stool watching a bit of sport.
Latter we visited for drinks with family.
My drinks were twice what I had paid earlier! never mind my family.
When I explained, they said,  "earlier you were sat at the bar, now you are sitting on the terrace - it is more exspensive there".
We will not be going there again.

I would ask them Gaz why u are being OVERCHARGED, and will be interested in their reply - Good Luck.

Offline Pete

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2018 »
Pilgrim, that is an established system in Italy. Im nost establishments You will pay more if sit at a table, or on the terrace than you do if you sit at the bar.

Offline pilgrim

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2018 »
Could I bring my own chair!

gaz

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2018 »
Next time I down that way I will ask I don't go there as a rule but will when I am back, at moment in UK doing some business, might go on facebook and ask them,will let you know answer

Offline magsnmike

• Old Hand
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2018 »
We have been going to Blarney Stone and Legends for years.  Not been to their new place.  Prices have always been on a par to any other establishment, both in the afternoon and evening.

jackngill

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2018 »
Having been to all three places I can confirm that two of them definitely charge different prices to residents and holiday makers, when I questioned it and told them I wouldn't be coming back they backed down and reverted to the lower price. I have  not used the two places since .

Offline lesleygee

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2018 »
My friend has a son who lives in mainland Spain. When they go down to the tourist resorts he always goes to the bar and orders in Spanish. They definitely have different prices for tourists and locals.

Offline pilgrim

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2018 »
Unfortunatley, that would not work here, as they would not be able to understand you.

Offline lesleygee

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2018 »
Maybe we could be doing with a crash course in the native lingo.

Offline Jodie

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2018 »
We live here, and when we went into legends got charged 2 for a red top, if they dont know you, and not a regular, that is what it is, it should be the same Price for everybody

gaz

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2018 »
As I am not on Facebook I got a friend to contact the Blarney Stone Facebook page to ask them why they have 3 prices in Legends,Blarney and Paparazzi, 3 days ago and still no reply. So I would assume they will just ignore and hope it blows away. So my advice is if you fancy a drink in Playa La Arena area avoid these establishments as there are other places to get cold drink at much better price e.g Tasca Bandido has glass of beer for 1 advertised on sign outside.

gaz

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2018 »
Just an update, my friend has not received any replies from Colette or Augustine despite numerous posts on Facebook as to why the different prices, my advice is if anyone goes into Legends, Blarney Stone or Paparazzi you ask the price before you buy,better still avoid all establishments and save money 

Offline Edward Bear

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2018 »
With respect gaz it might be an idea ,if you are so concerned about it, to call in at the Blarney Stone and ask Colette personally. I am sure that you would get a hearing and maybe a reasonably priced drink.

gaz

« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2018 »
As I said in previous post I am in UK at moment on business so I did next best thing and if you check Blarney Stone Facebook page the say they will answer within 1 day , this they have not done.