Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: lg road works  (Read 1242 times)

Offline unhappy

lg road works
« on: January 15, 2020 »
Advertisement
Took a drive around LG yesterday what a bloody mess, saw only one person working and that was a man with a arrow board, why ? there was only one way to GO. The state they have left the road is awful, HS2 might be finished before this is

As for the rumor of 2 way past safe hands there could be enough room with no parking but what about deliveries to the supermarket with a large van or lorry parked to unload no chance will coaches be able to pass each other. Also how are they going to get around the island where the tourist office used to be?

The road around the green corner will need to be wider unless they aim to drop clients off at the supermarket to walk around to the hotel (good for business) the clients can look at the shops as they lug their cases along.

One thought why don't they use the unprofitable and closed down again lido into a paying car park, a bit of money for the village

Offline Dolly Diver

• Administrator
Re: lg road works
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020 »
You must have passed late in the day.  The workers start at 07:30 and finish 16:30 I witness this every day from  Mon - Fri.   There are several teams working in various places.  They are 15 months into a 2 year project.
The area which is finished is from Florencia to the marina and it looks really nice now.

As for the mess around the village, we all know the saying about about having to break the eggs to make an omelette.  They have actually been very considerate with regard to digging up and laying the new pavement when passing garage and apartment entrances.

I won't miss the dust, or the noise but I do look forward to the finished result, it is what Los Gigantes needs.

As for the parking problem!!!!!!!!!

Offline unhappy

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2020 »
Sorry Dolly it was 1400 they must have still been at lunch, as i said I was in a car the pavements might be ok but the roads are a mess

Offline paulaf

• regular contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2020 »
Where is the noisiest area please? Thanks

Offline White Rose

• regular contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2020 »
Just seen this on YouTube

https://youtu.be/sGiXZn4ZhfM

Gives you some idea of what it's  like.

Offline SandyLea

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2020 »
Thanks white rose, very helpful. Hope it'll all be finished by Christmas when we're next over (but I doubt it).

Offline paulaf

• regular contributor
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2020 »
Thanks for the link White Rose very helpful, hope its not too noisy!

Offline Georgie

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2020 »
Excellent white rose and thank you for the link