Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: The weather  (Read 2282 times)

Offline unhappy

The weather
« on: May 02, 2018 »
Advertisement
I have been looking at the live pictures from LG & other areas for some time now, the weather seems just as unsettled as it was when we were over in January. We are coming over for a month shortly is there any chance of it improving

Offline VictorM

Re: The weather
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018 »
The benefits of the sun are outweighed by the very strong winds.  This can be either am or pm but not,usually, all day. At least it is dry, and in a sheltered spot could be lovely.

Offline Mary

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018 »
Over the very many years that we have been coming to LG, sometimes a few times a year, we have become increasingly aware that the weather over the Jan/feb / March period is no longer as reliable as it was.
There seems to be a lot more days of heavy cloud and very strong winds.
Probably much the same everywhere, but in those three months compared to UK, Tenerife wins hands down, and we canít imagine being anywhere else, especially when we can be there with a relatively short flight.

Offline janey

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018 »
it is called global warming.  although mr trump states this is fake news.

Offline linda

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2018 »
Been here on and off since January has been the coldest and windiest seen for years but still great.

Offline unhappy

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2018 »
Thank you Linda & VictorM it is nice to get your question answered I did not want a meteorological report on the world or which Idiot was in the White House.

I have noticed after coming here for over 25 years that the climate has changed in the last 5 years it has got very unsettled in the winter & spring, but of course you are not growing web feet like we are in the UK.

Mind you we have been promised a hot bank holiday weekend, just in time for our month over there.

Offline janey

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2018 »
Thank you Linda & VictorM it is nice to get your question answered I did not want a meteorological report on the world or which Idiot was in the White House.

in which case,unhappy, i suggest you dont ask questions on an open forum but direct them to the people who manage to give you the answer/s you prefer.

Offline frogeddy

• Old Hand
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2018 »
Touchy touchy..... I miss the little bits like this since the bullies got rid of georgie.....

Offline unhappy

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2018 »
I agree, I did not ask a question about global warming, our who won the American election, perhaps some people should read the question before posting something that is totally irrelevant.

ANGIE

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2018 »
Unhappy - pot, kettle? Read back some of the issues you have subscribed to, I think you will find you have deviated from the question a few times? Donít shoot the messenger, they are entitled to air views whether they answer your question or not. Much better than Mr G or these stupid hackers who occasionally grace our forum. Have a beer, sit back and enjoy the sunset, relax in the knowledge tomorrow is hopefully another day which you will be alive to enjoy.

Offline unhappy

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2018 »
My My, are we not getting a bit touchy, no wonder nobody bothers to ask any questions on this site any more, when you ask a simple question about the weather you get STUPID answers and then you get the third degree.

Don't bother I fill find out what the weather is like when I arrive. Georige all is forgiven at least you could have a laugh at your posts, unlike the stupid comments you get for asking a simple question, that they obviously don't know what you are talking about.   

Offline Georgie

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2018 »
Evening all and how funny

Offline frogeddy

• Old Hand
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2018 »
Welcome back .....

Offline unhappy

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2018 »
For Janie & Angie, just looked at the webcams for the Island and for once it looks much better back here in the UK than there 20 + % no wind, not a cloud in the sky, just going to open another bottle of bubbly and relax on my decking under the awnings. TTFN

ANGIE

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2018 »
Wonderful! Enjoy!  Itís ok here, but a little chilly if your blood is already thinned down! Anyway, wherever we are, we must grasp the nettle and enjoy our lives xx

Offline janey

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2018 »
by heck, its bloody gorgeous where i am.

Offline Mary

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2018 »
Now that’s a Yorkshire saying Janey, are you in our beautiful part of the world?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018 by Mary »