Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: Turtles Alcala  (Read 1445 times)

Offline Mary

Turtles Alcala
« on: April 17, 2018 »
Advertisement
We always enjoyed seeing the turtles in Alcala but when weíve been there the last couple of years have not spotted any.
A lady used to come and feed them fish, we presumed she was from the wet fish shop, but donít see her either, anyone spotted any in the harbour area recently?

Offline Tanemera

• Juan Tanemera
Re: Turtles Alcala
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018 »
I may be misinformed, but I heard that feeding the turtles was banned for some reason about two years ago, which would explain their absence.  My son and grandaughter used to enjoy swimming with the turtles.

ANGIE

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018 »
We understood that because of the alterations at various locations, like San Juan where there has been artificial reefs made, there isnít the feedstuff for the turtles, so they have gone and are round El Puertito.

Offline Mary

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018 »
Thanks for that, I must say seeing them being fed always concerned us as it would eventually bring them into more human contact, and make them vulnerable to the idiots.

Offline galeus

• regular contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018 »
The turtles that were in el Puertito have been relocated to an inaccessable place between Los Cris and Palm Mar by Siam Park staff for their own wellbeing. I've been their on a friends dive boat and had up to 4 swimming round the boat. Apparently still being fed (now by the dive boats) which was why they were moved in the first place.