Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: gym in LG?  (Read 1598 times)

ansuz

gym in LG?
« on: April 09, 2018 »
Advertisement
Going to LG for few weeks. I actively work out so would like to visit a public gym few times while there.

My hotel doesn't have a gym and I tried searching it here but the posts found seem outdated.

Anyone know of any gym in LG that offers public access. We are not driving so preferably in the LG

Offline unhappy

Re: gym in LG?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018 »
There is a public sports centre in between Santiago & Playa Arena including gym pool & tennis this is the only one I know of

Offline frogeddy

• Old Hand
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018 »
The Royal Sun in LG allows non residents to use their gym for a small fee ..... can't remember how much but only a few euros....

jackngill

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018 »
It probably depends on where you are staying, probably the best option is the sports centre, Complejo Deportivo, known locally as the Pancracio, you can take out a monthly membership relatively cheaply, there is a weights room,cardio, swimming pool, tennis, squash and classes, there is a new gym at The Santiago Sporting Club, just a gym and a bit smaller, but as I say if you are near there it could be best option, and as also reported I believe the Royal Sun have a gym

ansuz

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018 »
Thanks for all your responses guys, that was quite helpful!

Royal Sun and Pancracio seem good, and we will try them out.

I have googled pictures of Pancracio gym and it seems amazing, much better than I was expecting!

Over the years of training I just like using different gyms, and last time I've been to Spain I didn't get to visit a gym.

Will make sure to visit one this time

ANGIE

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2018 »
As a member of Pancracio I can advise that thr gym does not have aircon and the wall fans provided are not used by the spanish. The weight room equipment is rather tired, but having said that, for the price you pay it is very good value and if you join the fee includes use of the tennis courts and swimming pool too.

Offline VictorM

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2018 »
There is also the Santiago Sporting Club/Santiago Diner which is open to the public.
Opposite the Post Office, next to El Marques.

Offline Shifnalgirl

• regular contributor
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2018 »
We use the Santiago Sporting Club it has recently opened and the equipment is good