Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: Driving in Tenerife  (Read 1515 times)

Offline Edward Bear

Driving in Tenerife
« on: March 29, 2018 »
Advertisement
As this is something that many of us do on tis lovely island it is one of my pet hates about it.
It would seem that direction indicators are totally superfluous to modern cars as very few people choose to use them. Also whilst on the subject, roundabouts are an absolute lottery where the biggest get right of way. It is little wonder as to why the motor body shops do so well.
Bleat over for the time being and a Happy Easter to you all even Georgie.

Offline Mary

Re: Driving in Tenerife
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018 »
Itís not only Tenerife I can assure you, even top of the range Mercedes no longer have indicators fitted, and obviously rely on other motorists being mind readers.
A happy Easter to you as well Mr Bear, and thanks for the chuckles

Offline Tanemera

• Juan Tanemera
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018 »
Wouldn't it nice if it was not only the British pedestrians who have the courtesy to acknowledge you when you stop for them at a pedestrian crossing?

Offline unhappy

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018 »
I was informed last year that the police were going to crack down on drivers not signaling at traffic Islands and also drivers not stopping at pedestrian crossings, does seem to have been enforced

ANGIE

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2018 »
Iíve just witnessed some imaginative parking round where I live in Puerto Santiago. Not put off with no road parking free, drivers are parking on pavements, across entrances to private garages, on zebra crossings and causing some interesting verbal exchanges ! Always the same at Easter and when the mass exodus starts on Sunday we can all breath again!

Offline unhappy

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2018 »
I meant to say does NOT seem to be enforced

Offline lesleygee

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2018 »
My hubby nearly got knocked down by a taxi driver on the pedestrian crossing at Spanish corner in January, he had the cheek to shout abuse at him to get off the road. They are crazy.

ANGIE

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2018 »
Apropos of my previous post, i came home tonight to find parking tickets on all the cars illegally parked! Progress indeed!