Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: Airport transfers  (Read 2752 times)

Coldandtired

Airport transfers
« on: March 27, 2018 »
Advertisement
Just returned from two wonderful weeks and just have to recommend Viva Transfers. We were 4 adults plus suitcases and we had a luxurious minibus just us. So impressed we booked our return too. We hadn’t booked with Viva before so waited to see how good they were, but we will definitely book again with them . Easy online. Secure booking, and reminders too. :D

gaz

Re: Airport transfers
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018 »
Delighted to hear , Sun Holidays offer the exact same service for €40 how much do Viva charge if cheaper would get family to use them.

Coldandtired

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018 »
43euros, knew of Sun Holidays but never found their website. Saw one of their minibuses though and have to say Viva were smarter. Always used to use Elmar but their website has been under maintenance for months and I wouldn’t give my card details with code in an email which was their suggestion.

gaz

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2018 »
sunholidays24.com is their website and info@sunholidays24.com their email, if you happy with Viva that great ,as for Elmar I am not sure they operating anymore I think sun holidays competition was too much for them, last time my family used Elmar they did not turn up and after ringing them 3 times they did eventually arrive and family members just made their flight, so switched to sun holidays

Offline AWOL

• Old Hand
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2018 »
€43.   Is that per person on one way trip/return?

Awol

Pete

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2018 »
Always used Sun Holidays.
€35 for 2 people each way.
Buses may not be the newest, but always there on time and often the only people on the bus.
We’ve had great service from them over the years.

Offline peridot

• Old Hand
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2018 »
Absolutely agree and the staff are lovely too!

Offline StereoMike

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2018 »
I've used Viva on several occasions now - in fact I've just booked them for my next trip.
It works out about €11 per person each way for a private 4 person vehicle. TFS to Puerto de Santiago.
Always been on time, always been good service, normally get a mini bus for 4 so there is plenty of space.

Coldandtired

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2018 »
€43.   Is that per person on one way trip/return?

Awol
€43 one way, 4 people, not per person.

boadicea

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2018 »
We've used Sun Holidays for years and always found them reliable and reasonably priced. Good careful drivers too which is important.

Offline Davymar

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2018 »
You are on holiday for Christ sake! jump in a taxi, its 50 odd euro, no waiting, no worrying, get in and you are there :D

Offline unhappy

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2018 »
Not all of us are on a 1/2 week holiday for €43.00 I can hire a car for a week for 4 weeks all inclusive I don't have to wait for anybody and I can go anywhere on the Island, just stick a few litres of fuel in it.

Offline losgiganteskid

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2018 »
You are on holiday for Christ sake! jump in a taxi, its 50 odd euro, no waiting, no worrying, get in and you are there :D

That may be true (ish) Davymar - I believe the taxi fare from airport to LG to be circa 55 euros (possibly more late at night) to that add a 5 euros tip and then the same at the end of the holiday comes about 120 euros.

A small Citreon can be hired at this time from Auto Reisin at the airport for the whole 2 week period then re delivered back to the airport for 99 euros all in -(or should I say quids in !!) - I know the choice I would opt for.
I wanted to be the Cincinnati Kid - but couldn't spell it

Offline Davymar

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2018 »
We did actually hire a car for two weeks in Feb, from Autoreisen, a Citroen C3 at the airport, the cost was £186, its cheaper now. Normally we just jump in a taxi, i simply cannot be bothered with a transfer, wondering if it will turn up, especially on the return trip, so for me and my impatience a taxi is the solution, each to their own i suppose. 

Offline losgiganteskid

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2018 »
I agree the cost of car hire fluctuates depending upon the time of year, I was in LG in Jan and hired via Auto Reisen - cost nearly £350.  The 99 euros I mentioned was to hire a car this week according to their website.  I agree regarding waiting for a transfer - last time I did that was with Elmar who failed to pick me up when returning to the airport which was of course time critical - since then have always hire a car.
I wanted to be the Cincinnati Kid - but couldn't spell it

Offline Davymar

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2018 »
We are off to Lanzarote again, but this time in May, of course its not peak time, so we have a car booked (autoreisen) for a total of £84 for two weeks! much cheapness, and as we split the fortnight, a week at two different locations, the car is cheaper than any transfer would be, we will of course use it, but it would not matter if it just sat there.