Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: Just an observation.  (Read 2671 times)

Offline Davymar

Just an observation.
« on: March 10, 2018 »
Advertisement
We have just returned from 2 weeks in Los Gigs, we had a few days of bad weather, but it came good for the second week, i dont know what others think, we thought it was quieter this year than last year at the same time, the restaurants in the evening were not as full as last year, you could have got in without booking, went down to El Anklar one night, there were four of us left at 9pm, they were trying to rush us out so they could close, the waiters did not know what to do with their selves, he brought me an ice cream and a Southern comfort and then asked if i wanted Coffee! i told him to clear off!
For us, Bodeguitas was still the best for food, price and smiling service, we simply found the atmosphere more inviting than some of the others, each to their own i suppose.

Offline losjack

• Old Hand
Re: Just an observation.
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018 »
El Anklar? Don't recognise, the name where is it?

Pete

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018 »
Been here for a month and don’t recognise that
El Pescador was heaving on a Monday night, TJ’s busy every lunchtime I’ve been in, Abundia busy, had to book for Charlie’s tonight, Tas-k always busy, new places opened up, Tea house and bar, Captain Pizza 🍕.
I thought things looked to be going pretty well this year.

Offline Davymar

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018 »
El Ankla , head down towards the harbour, past the car barriers, turn right, el ankla is the first restaurant  you come to, on the corner.

Offline SandyLea

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2018 »
It was definitely quieter at Christmas. I've never seen so few people in lg as this December. Agree with you about la bodugita.

Offline blaggers

• regular contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2018 »
Not sure about the week you are referring to but just returned (22nd March) and it was very busy during our 2 weeks.  Bars and restaurants seemed full day and night and there was a good buzz about the place.  The Oasis in the daytime was pretty full too with people using the pool and the café/restaurant.  We went to La Bodeguita on numerous occasions and it was pretty full most nights.  One night we couldn't get in and waited and had to take a table inside.  This restaurant is getting too popular for my liking as can't get in so easy now!! We'll have to stop recommending it! Charlie's was also full each night and we saw them turning people away. We noticed Casa Pedro was very busy in the daytime also which is good as it used to be mainly in the evenings.  All in all, the "village" seemed to be picking up and good to see. 

Offline linda

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2018 »
We been here a month and it's been pretty busy will get quoted after Easter as swallow return to UK.

Offline Edward Bear

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2018 »
Nice little restaurant by the harbour in Puerto de Santiago not the cheapest food good and lovely sat by the water. Coffee good also.

Offline Davymar

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2018 »
I remember the place years ago when Pepino and his family owned it, we used to call it the shack, he played Canarian music all the time, he had fish in glass cabinets that you picked to have with a meal, he used to give his little kids a wash with the hosepipe! it was a great lively place then, I heard he got killed in a road accident. the new place is not a patch on the old one.

Offline tomfer

• regular contributor
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2018 »
It is called Yago.  Food very tasty and lovely people working there. Owner used to work for Jose at Jessies at the marina in LG.

Offline Edward Bear

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2018 »
Jose ,late of San Remo, now has a Tapas bar above Super Dino in San Francisco.

Offline linda

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2018 »
Is that on the beach? Yago