Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: Sourcing wifi and tv  (Read 1448 times)

ANGIE

Sourcing wifi and tv
« on: March 05, 2018 »
Advertisement
We have been advised that it is possible to buy a router for €75 euros which will then enable us to pay €10 per month and thus get wifi. This can be purchased from the HITS shop in Puerto Santiago and provides 5mg and 24/7 wifi connection.

Two questions 1) is this comparable with Direct Telecom. And 2) can you then get tv through this router as well?

At present we pay just short of €60 per month for landline, tv, catch up and wifi which is costly. I understand you need only pay €10 monthly for when you are here and can use this device worldwide. DT now advise if you suspend your connection it is not guaranteed that you will get reconnection when you return.

Advice welcomed please.

squashplayer

Re: Sourcing wifi and tv
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018 »
I have had a go at this myself only I brought my router with me from the UK and just purchased the dongle from Hits . I think you mean that you get 5GB for your 10 euros Angie . I got TV with mine no problem using an amazon firestick but bare in mind that 1GB is roughly an hour of TV.

ANGIE

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018 »
Squashplayer - thank you for your advice. My problem is I AM THICK and dont understand the first thing about getting tv, wifi etc wirelessly. If i can find a system that performs as well as Direct Telecom, but cheaper, then i would be delighted. However, as i dont know what im talking about, after thirty seconds in a shop, i’ve lost the will to live and need gin!! Any help you can give me is so appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to reoly xx

Offline pilgrim

• Looking forward to better times
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018 »
Angie, I had considered not replying to your request for information on WIFI TV, due to your attack on Georgie. But I am to polite by nature.
Any ways - Dongle is 80E, television contract is 10E for basic plan per month. You then have to put a pre paid chip into Dongle, and as Squash player says 5G for 10E. I find usage to be about 8-10 hours viewing for the 5G. So broadly speaking just over a Euro per hour. Also connection is not always 100%.
So about 30-40 Euros per week for watching 4 hours of TV per day.
We took the above system in January, when with the bad weather we couldn't get the regular Gomera/Ariel TV.
But will continue to use the WIFI as a back up as we now own the Dongle.
We are not TV freaks, but had our grandchild over (toddler), and it was for her benefit (and ours I guess).

ANGIE

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2018 »
Pilgrimthank you for your reply which has illustrated that the deal we enjoy from Direct Telecom compared to that is fantastic!  I’m sorry you feel i wastoo critical of Georgie...........but I felt you were very harsh about Charlie’s Bistro which you now champion. horses for courses??..

Offline pilgrim

• Looking forward to better times
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2018 »
Angie, this is one horse that doesn't want to be on the same course as you.
Good luck to everyone for the future!
Bye------------------------------