Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: Walk  (Read 2304 times)

Pete

Walk
« on: March 08, 2018 »
Advertisement
Anyone walked from Los Gig to Tamaimo.
I know the footpath starts top of the hill as you head down into LG.
Any info welcome, time, difficulty etc.

ANGIE

Re: Walk
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018 »
Yess we havedone that. Ok if you like uphill going. Bit rough underfoot so wear good boots or shoes, not fitflops. Good views and popular walk so you meet interesting people. Enjoy

Offline Mary

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018 »
We love walking when we come over but never thought of this one. About what kind of distance is it Angie, as hubby has a few breathing probs wondered about going up on the bus and walking down.

ANGIE

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018 »
We love walking when we come over but never thought of this one. About what kind of distance is it Angie, as hubby has a few breathing probs wondered about going up on the bus and walking down.

Well, iím not good uphill as I get asthma, so we tend to get bus up and walk back down. Uphill takes me two hours at least with constant stops. Downhill hour and half approximately to Playa Arena. Sorry don't know mileage but someone here will Iím sure.

Offline Mary

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2018 »
Thanks for that, an  hour and a half is ok, and bus up and walk back ideal, will look forward to it.

Pete

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2018 »
Thanks for the info.
Could you tell me where in Tamaimo the path starts back to LG

ANGIE

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2018 »
Source the church behind the main street in Tamaimo and then follow the footpath signs that cross a baranca easily to pick up the well signed foortpath down to come out by the funny roundabout above Los Gigantes, near to Casa Edu and the Policia.

There is one bit of the walk that has foxed us and a few others. You come to a stone wall, flat topped which overlooks a finca, lemon and avocado trees, off to the left, but to the right there is a path. Do not take the path, but traverse the wall and drop down into the finca grounds, where you will soon pick up the footpath again and eventually a tarmac surface leading to the end of the walk.

Offline AWOL

• Old Hand
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2018 »
It is about 3.5 miles down to the beach area. It will make your legs ache as it is downhill over rough rock 50% of the way. Allow at least 2hrs and do not do mid day as a sun trap at the moment. Do early.

AWOL

Offline AWOL

• Old Hand
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2018 »
Actually think the walk from Santiago del Teide to Tamaimo is nicer and slightly shorter and apart from a bit after 1/2 mile past El Modello which is steeper it is fairly moderate. The walk starts next to the fuel station as you enter Santiago.

Just have to get your bus time table sorted which is the hard bit!!!!!!!!

AWOL

Offline AWOL

• Old Hand
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2018 »
I dont want to advertise the fact (because I like walking without the hindrance of others) but I only do the walk down to LG when unable, due wx etc. As I have said on other discussions there is a fantastic amount of walking above and around Santiago or over to the Teno valley. I often spend the day up there and never see a soul.

As I said the hardest bit is sorting the bus connections but I have that bit well sussed now.

This area has so much more to offer then the beach/bars and the Harbour Club and others?

AWOL

Offline blarer

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2018 »
Years ago I got a booklet from the tourist office in Playa de la Arena entitled ď Trail guide, Santiago del Teide ď itís in a ring binder. Published by the Santiago del Teide tourist office. Full details of lots of walks in the area with maps. Could still be available from www.santiagodelteide.org or via email request from turismo@santiagodelteide.org. Done most of the walks now. Guia de Isora council also did one called ď walks in our hills ď probably still available from www.guiadeisora.es. Since these were published walking has expanded in popularity especially in the a Erjos area. The tourist office at Playa de la Arena is usually well stocked with information about walking in the area. Most are do able using the 325 bus. Worth a visit to the tourist office to get kitted out with the walk info and a Titsa bus time table, get the Todo Tenerife Timetable (green ) not the more limited Tenerife Sur ( yellow ) one. Happy walking.