Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: Getting expensive  (Read 61874 times)

SandyLea and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online pilgrim

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 942
  • Looking forward to better times
Re: Getting expensive
« Reply #510 on: Today at 10:00 AM »
Advertisement
Last week we had a family break in Cornwall. The first since returning from Los G just luckily before the Lockdown. Weather being sunny every day bar one, we encamp on the beach each morning at about 11am.
We find a space on dry sand not to far from the shops and toilets etc.. Put up a tent  ground sheet  wind break  pop up chairs  cool box wet suits  body boards. All in all I guess our tribe of grandad (me) grandmum,
Daughter, son in law, and 2 toddlers. All in we take up about the size of an average bedroom say 3x4 m. This is usual, and there are hundreds of groups on this Polzeath beach. Last week in North Cornwall was heathing, I have never seen it so busy!! Then one afternoon on the beach a small group arrived of 4 people. Sqeezed in between us and some other groups. There really wasn't enough room for them, but they made their pitch, and put up a pole with a flag on the top. We thought no more of this until over about half an hour. 20 people arrived coughing bumping into us. We asked them to respect the 2m as there was a pandemic on. They laughed and were rude. Had there been a policeman visible I would have called for him. We had to pack every thing up and leave. As we took up our stuff they sat in our space.
Totally disgusted, never seen behaviour in all the years we have been in Cornwall.
From the accents I would say they were from Manchester!


Offline Davymar

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 291
Re: Getting expensive
« Reply #511 on: Today at 10:06 AM »
Sorry to be rude however Georgie you really are a pillock.
Don't hold back Edward, tell us what you really think! ;D

Offline Mary

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 264
Re: Getting expensive
« Reply #512 on: Today at 10:46 AM »
Ignorance is ignorance Pilgrim, it doesnít matter where you are from. This virus has brought out the best and worst in people, and no matter what the government do they are dammed for it, crikey people on this forum canít agree, imagine trying to please 66 million people.
Unfortunately due to social media, everyone with a gripe, constantly bombards us with their negative views about everything under the sun, I no longer listen to the news as it is really biased, and most forums end up with contributors using any situation to spout their political views.
I have friends in Cornwall and they are disgusted with the behaviour of some of the tourists, and we have trouble locally with huge numbers descending on our village to picnic by the river and leave havoc behind.
Yes some are morons, but they always have been and for them itís normal behaviour, unfortunately for the rest of us they seem to be breeding 🙄


Offline unhappy

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 574
Re: Getting expensive
« Reply #513 on: Today at 10:51 AM »
So disrespect all those health workers & ordinary people that have died because of Coronavirus, people like you should be ashamed, and the idiots that run pubs & clubs etc should be closed down immediately, If my wife & myself had seen that in a eating place that we had booked, we would have turned around & gone home, no matter what the discount deal was.

As for you, the prison governor, head teacher & the young people, I await the news of a spike of the virus in & around Wigan where stupid people live & I expect you will require the hard worked staff of the NHS to come to your aid & stop you dying.

Most of the rise in people now contacting the virus is because people have not adhered to the Governments recommendations, it is like Supermarkets not enforcing the wearing of a mask, which has been proven to be beneficial in stopping the spread. This is mandatory in other words compulsory the LAW. So if I go into the Supermarket & start shoplifting they are not going to enforce that law either

Online nophead

  • Old Hand
  • ***
  • Posts: 229
Re: Getting expensive
« Reply #514 on: Today at 11:57 AM »
An article on BBC today says in fact there isn't a real increase in cases in the UK. They are simply doing more targeted testing. Hospitals numbers are still going down.

I don't think I will need any help from the NHS because there are less than 1 in 10,000 cases in Wigan and they are in the centre and we are on the outskirts, so the chance of meeting somebody in a small pub with it is minute. Then I would have to actually catch it, even then 80% chance I would not even notice. 20% chance I would have symptoms ranging from a mild cold to bad flu and 1% change it would kill me.

Also about 1% chance something else will kill me in the next year as a 58 year old man. Nobody has died from Covid in Wigan for about a month and national deaths rates have been running below average for a couple of months now demonstrating a lot of the people that have died were only a few months early. Half of them were in care homes and half of them were disabled. Not sure how much those two overlap.

Why would I not go to the pub? I will take my chances. Everybody should be responsible for managing their own risk in life. Some people chose to do the Isle of Man TT bike race where a few people die every year and nobody stops them. Other people chose hide away from Covid and give up their social life indefinitely.

Yes masks are required in shops and public transport, etc. I simply don't go anywhere that requires a mask, so haven't worn one yet. But they are causing shoplifting problems as all these mitigations have a downside, which is never considered.

Online nophead

  • Old Hand
  • ***
  • Posts: 229
Re: Getting expensive
« Reply #515 on: Today at 12:23 PM »
Also there is a much bigger chance of being serious injured or killed in a road accident. Should I give up driving and crossing the road? If not why should I stop going to the pub?

Offline unhappy

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 574
Re: Getting expensive
« Reply #516 on: Today at 12:58 PM »
So what you said in the past, since you returned from Tenerife months ago you have not ventured outside your home until you could get a cheap meal " HOW SAD YOU ARE ", I know it will cost you a few pennies because you are so tight but buy some masks & go outside you are not even at your age, in the at risk category.

It could be a long & sad time with your head stuck up your bum, live a little, death comes sooner than you think, if he was here you could ask my son, he had health problems but it did not stop him doing anything he wanted, to live & enjoy himself.

Online nophead

  • Old Hand
  • ***
  • Posts: 229
Re: Getting expensive
« Reply #517 on: Today at 02:29 PM »
I have been out of the house most days, when it isn't raining, and walked for miles. What I said was I haven't been in any other buildings as I haven't needed to. We can buy everything online, so no need to shop.

I bought 100 medical grade masks way back in May when it looked likely they would become mandatory but is is cheaper to get food delivered than it is to drive if you include the price of a mask.

We have had guests in our house and garden but that is banned again here now, so had to cancel people who were due to come for BBQ here today and later in the week. So will go to pubs and restaurants on our own instead.

I couldn't agree more that one should live life and enjoy oneself and not hide from covid. Most things we would normally do for entertainment are banned though. And going to LG when it is masks in all indoor spaces doesn't appeal at all. No idea what it will be like in Nov, here or there.

Offline Georgie

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 1068
Re: Getting expensive
« Reply #518 on: Today at 05:49 PM »
No problem Edward bear

Cant you stick to the jokes you always told it made be laugh

Online SandyLea

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 311
Re: Getting expensive
« Reply #519 on: Today at 06:04 PM »
You speak total sense nophead. wish our government had your views.