Media Player Los Gigantes!

Author Topic: Masca Walk - WARNING  (Read 3353 times)

Offline Dolly Diver

• Administrator
Masca Walk - WARNING
« on: March 07, 2018 »
Due to the recent storms the bridge/jetty and the ladder used by boats to pick up walkers have been damaged.

Also there have been rockfalls caused by the heavy rain.  There is a very large boulder which has fallen over the walkway and another large one which is loose ready to fall.

For your safety the walk is closed until further notice and walkers who ignore the signs will be fined.

The work will take several weeks

Watch this space for updates

« Last Edit: March 07, 2018 by Dolly Diver »

Offline Tussin

Re: Masca Walk - WARNING
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018 »
Hi Dolly , any update on this , be in LG in couple weeks and was wondering if the walk might be open by then .
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018 by Tussin »

Offline AWOL

• Old Hand
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018 »
http://eldigitalsur.com/tenerifesur/santiagodelteide/alcalde-informa-los-empresarios-problema-del-cierre-del-barranco-masca/

The above link may help to give a clue as to the seriousness of the problem. Google translate may help but as I read it  "it will be quite some time" before it will be open. It's closure is a problem for the whole local economy.

A few people have ignored the closure to their cost in more ways then one over the last 3 weeks or so.

AWOL

Offline Mary

• Old Hand
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018 »
Presumably the yellow Masca taxi boats will be redundant until the jetty is rebuilt, they were used a lot and no doubt will take a huge financial hit.

Offline Tussin

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2018 »
Thanks AWOL , reckon it wil be a while.

Offline Dolly Diver

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2018 »
Now that the sea is more settled work has commenced it is expected to take around 1 month.

As soon as I get an opening date I will let you all know

Offline Edward Bear

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2018 »
Hello Dolly, thank you for the information. Not that I will be doing it at my time of life.

Offline Dolly Diver

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2018 »
The walk is not yet open.  I believe the work on the jetty repair is finished but there is a problem with the villagers and the parking in Masca itself.

A lot of people drive early in the day to Masca to do the walk and their cars are left all day.  This means that visitors who want to see Masca and enjoy a drink or a meal in the restaurants have nowhere to park so can't visit.  I see the point of the villagers who run businesses there.  The Ayunamiento are working on solutions.....until a solution is reached the walk will stay closed.

Can they work on a solution for Los Gigantes parking problem too!!!!!!!

Offline Georgie

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2018 »
There was a article on tenerife news that los gigantes was going to be 're developed

Is that what you mean

Offline pilgrim

• Doing Gods Work
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2018 »
Sorry to hear that the walk is still closed. I try to do it once a year, sometimes more if we have a new visitor to show. With regard to the 3 café/restaurants I have thought for a while that they don't really care about the punters, as they never try with the food or the service. They know they will always have business and most of it is never repeated, so why try. May do them good to have an enforced shut down - might be pleased to see customers next time, and not such a rip off! Doubt it though.

Offline Tussin

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2018 »
Is Masca fully open now ?

Offline Dolly Diver

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2018 »
The walk will stay closed for the winter.  Will possibly open March (this is what I have been told by the companies who do the Masca boat taxis)